Author Topic: Trade Idea with Jazz  (Read 2576 times)

Trade Idea with Jazz
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:37:21 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I do some mock drafts, thinking various team needs. I am jaded, because I want guys like Looney, Turner, or Johnson to be available to us. But the more I think about it, the more I think that the Thunder, Hawks, Suns, and Jazz will grab those guys before our pick.

After the Jazz traded Enes Kanter, their front line became pretty thin. I think we could trade one of our bigs and the 16 for the number 12.

They aren't trading Gobert, Favors, and Hayward. I think Exum and Burks could be had for the right price, but that price would be high.

A. As is, I think we could probably do Zeller and 16 for the 12. 
B. If they wanted Sullinger, I think we could do Sully and 16 for the 12 and Hood.
C. If they were interested in Thomas, I think we could do Thomas and 16 for Burks and 12.

I like Looney a lot. He has a little bit of Giannis in his game. I also think Turner will be a starting center in this league, but I think he will be gone before the 12th pick.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:00:06 AM by DefenseWinsChamps »

Re: Trade Idea with Jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think it would be tough to find a fair deal because both the Cs and the Jazz are in a similar situation.

I think option A is pretty slanted towards the Jazz - they basically give one medium asset for 2 medium assets. I would love option B for the C's, it might be the best possibility, but I don't think they go for it. It'd be a close call though. I don't really think the Thomas for Burks trade really makes any sense.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

Re: Trade with Jazz
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:31:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I do some mock drafts, thinking various team needs. I am jaded, because I want guys like Looney, Turner, or Johnson to be available to us. But the more I think about it, the more I think that the Thunder, Hawks, Suns, and Jazz will grab those guys before our pick.

After the Jazz traded Enes Kanter, their front line became pretty thin. I think we could trade one of our bigs and the 16 for the number 12.

They aren't trading Gobert, Favors, and Hayward. I think Exum and Burks could be had for the right price, but that price would be high.

A. As is, I think we could probably do Zeller and 16 for the 12. 
B. If they wanted Sullinger, I think we could do Sully and 16 for the 12 and Hood.
C. If they were interested in Thomas, I think we could do Thomas and 16 for Burks and 12.

I like Looney a lot. He has a little bit of Giannis in his game. I also think Turner will be a starting center in this league, but I think he will be gone before the 12th pick.

I could see a KO + #16 + #28 or (both 2nds) for #12. KO is actually a nice fit with favors and Gobert.

I disagree with you on Looney and Turner while both would be worth a look if they fall but I wouldnt give up the assets nessisary to get either of them at #12. If one of the likely 5-9 (Winslow, Prozingis, WTCS, Hezonja or Johnson) is available then its a great trade.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The bigger trade rumor with the Jazz, at least according to Zach Lowe is that they want AB, they have for some time now, and since they plan on competing for the playoffs this year (they could certainly make it) is to try to get us to do a pick swap and AB for one of their younger guys. He suggested Rodney Hood, who I like a lot as a good 2/3 kinda guy with a good shot.

So think Bradley and #16 for Hood and #12. Of course, I imagine Danny will get that down a little bit, so maybe #28 instead or just AB for #12. Not that I think they wouldn't have interest in our bigs since they could use them, just that AB is the guy rumored to be on their radar.

Personally, I love AB, I'm always defending him around here. But he's a valued commodity by other teams. He could be the key to us moving up in the draft. If we lost AB but we keep 16 and added 12, it would be so much easier to move up. If we could offer Denver 12, 16 and 33 or a 2nd next year for #7 they'd probably take it. Or the Pistons with Zeller/KO plus 12 and 33 for #8 I beg they would take too. Pretty much every team from SAC at #6 up is a possible trade up partner for the right price.

OKC at 14 would be instantly better if they got AB. He's perfect for them, I think we could work out a deal where we could get Adams and #14 from them for AB, KO and #16. Phoenix at #13 is interesting, they really missed Channing Frye and his shooting ability from the 5 this year so even though I imagine they'd be apprehensive about doing another trade with us after we stole Thomas I could see KO and #28 or 33 for #13 happening. Utah is at #12 and there's a few possibilities there. Indiana is a possibility, Hibbert is rumored to be on the block this summer, and they've always really liked Zeller. We could give them Zeller, 16 and 45 for Hibbert and 11 or something, then package 28 and 33 to move up again (Maybe to Houston at #20?)

But the top 10 is really where we wanna be. This is the reason for the war chest of picks. They're not just so DA can trade for veterans, they give great draft flexibility.

If Miami keeps their pick at 10, Riley plans at putting together a team that will play in the playoffs, I'm inclined to believe with Bradley/Sully/Young/KO/Turner we could give them someone they'd swap picks with us for. Charlotte is a team that's long rumored to love Bradley who fits their team well, and they have a solid replacement for him they want to get rid of (Stephenson) and the #9 pick. I think AB, 28 and the '16 PHI 2nd could work for those 2 assets.

The Pistons have #8, and with SVG you know they're going to try their best to win now. We have players that fit his system. Just imagine what SVG could do with KO or Sully and Drummond together. Bradley and Zeller both fit that team well. Z would be a perfect back up to Drummond. Something like Sullinger, 16 and 28 for #8 makes sense for both teams. Denver is going into full tear down and Sacramento needs to put some talent around Boogie if they want him to stay after this year. Getting up into the top 10 would be great, because the guys in that group have the potential to be difference makers. To me, the Winslow's , Johnson's, Mario's, WCS' of this draft is where we need to get.

Of course, this isn't the NFL. Teams don't just trade back unless they're both not in love with the prospects available with their pick and/or see good value in the offer presented to them. That said, we have a plethora of options in front of us this year, and I think trading up in this draft could be a good route to go. The early word is that we're certainly going to target every FA we can, but I'm willing to bet Ainge is just going kamikaze style into upgrading this rosters long term talent prospects in whatever way possible.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I could see a KO + #16 + #28 or (both 2nds) for #12. KO is actually a nice fit with favors and Gobert.

I couldn't. 16 and KO would be more than enough. 16, 28 and 45 would be more than enough. 16+ 28 + KO is an absurd overpay.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

I couldn't. 16 and KO would be more than enough. 16, 28 and 45 would be more than enough. 16+ 28 + KO is an absurd overpay.

Absolutely.

KO and 16 is pretty fair if we approach them for a deal and they include someone like Hood or Burks. Of course, if they approach us for AB again (they were rumored to be one of the teams offering a pick and an expiring for him at the deadline), I think AB, 28 and a future 2nd for 12 and Hood is a very fair deal that works out well for both sides. Even the pick swap and KO for Hood is pretty fair.

But if were only moving into the 10-14 range, we really can't give more than 16+28/33 or a player and pick swap. The caliber or prospects falls off a bit around 9 or 10. Johnson, Winslow, Porzingas and WCS are the guys we should pay decent value to trade up and get. I'm not so sure about trading a big package of stuff just to get Oubre Jr, Kaminsky or Turner instead of Lyles or Portis

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd support trading up to 12 if we could land Kelly Oubre. But otherwise I'm not convinced that 12 is very different from 16. To me there is a top 9 or 10 in this draft and 11-20ish is roughly a tossup - there are a lot of guys that seem like nice prospects and nobody that really stands out. For example the Kaminsky-Turner-Looney trio all look really even to me, centers with major strengths and major weaknesses.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 01:05:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
IIRC, didn't Ainge move up to grab Olynyk because the Jazz were interested in him too?

#16 and Olynyk for #12 seems like a mediocre return to me, though. Maybe Ainge would add another asset to get Utah to throw in the rights to Ante Tomic, or Tibor Pleiss?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Utah has some cap space on this year's books still (a little more than $4 mil). Could take KO without sending anything back.

I also notice that KO plus the non-guaranteed contracts of Babb and Pressey would match Trevor Booker, whose salary for next year is all but fully non-guaranteed (only $250K). Ainge could then maybe flip Booker to a team desperate to open up cap space.

Just rambling.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
for the #12 pick, I becoming more set against using a player and #16 to move up.  AB/16 or KO/16 is too much to give up for #12.  either just send AB or KO for the pick straight up or do 16 & 28/33 to move up.   

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If they wanted Sullinger, I think we could do Sully and 16 for the 12 and Hood.
    I would do this in a heartbeat if WCS was still on the board.  But I doubt he will be with athletic tests and vertical reach only surpased by Dwight Howard.