Author Topic: Would you be happy if the C's started next season with the following team..?  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Backup Plan here could be Greg Monroe, but to play Center. Obviously a bit of a liability on D, but his biggest weaknesses are his ability to defend quicker PFs and inability to shoot at all. Those are both minimized at Center.

You add him then you dont need Hibbert, so you dont need to move Bradley and can just play whichever of the two (Harris Middleton) you do get (I doubt we get both) at SF and keep AB. Now if an opportunity presents itself to get Winslow or Hezonja or even Johnson then bye bye Bradley
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I think there will be big offers from the celtics but will be matched...

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Our problem right now is that our bench (which would be an awesome bench) are starting games.

This doesn't do a lot to change that.

Our entire team is our bench.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LeBron as "Ms Celtic "    :)

The Green Diva

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Our problem right now is that our bench (which would be an awesome bench) are starting games.

Yeah that's basically my point.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Well then, you must agree that any signing will be an upgrade at this point. The aforementioned players has ours beat by a mile, and that's without Stevens' coaching.

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
1) would you be happy with this team?
2)would this team make the Eastern Conference finals within 3 years?

Go after Middleton and Harris, get a top defensive big man. This means we will have our cap maxed out until the spike in 2017 & onwards where we'll add another 40% to the cap at least.

Starters:
Smart
Middleton
Harris
Sullinger
Hibbert or D Jordan

Bench
IT
Crowder
Zeller
Olynyk
Turner
Rookie
Rookie

Could that team make it to a game 7 in the Eastern Conference Semi finals?
Would we keep Crowder if we had both Harris and Middleton?
Would we keep both Turner and IT?

Missing anything significant?

Would you be happy if we came out of the offseason with this line up?

Honestly my opinion I hate this. 

What I think the Celtics should do is this, money isn't totally worked out but you'll get the idea.  First thing Celtics must do is find a buyer for Wallace with the LA Clippers 1st this year I believe.  The draft isn't as deep as I'd like it to be with game changers. 

First starting with the draft. 
With the 16th pick I believe we should take, Montrezl Harrell, PF, Louisville.  Reason, we don't need him to be a starter right now or maybe ever but a great 6th man when it comes to our bigs.  He's only 6'8 but he plays extremely big with a lot of energy and intensity which we need.  Reminds a lot of scouts and people of a Kenneth Faried in his style of play. 
The second round is where we can find some depth or we trade away for some future picks.

Secondly
Keeping Celtic players we have now. 
Jae Crowder, I believe is a must sign for us.  He's defense and presence off our bench is much needed, and has shown can fill in at starts when needed. 
Evan Turner, yes we have him for one more year which he will probably play out, but could be worth trying to get something done for another 2 years so 3 years total.  Like his skill set for off our bench and he can play positions 1-3. 
Jared Sullinger, before you say anything listen.  He's a big body, bangs, rebounds and a decent if not great scorer when on the block.  It might not always be the greatest looking but he's got skills and gets the job done.  Yes, injury issue but he's worth a middle level contract, which he knows he'll only get considering everything.  He won't want to me and all works in our favor to get him cheaper.  Last season playing 74 games, some even off the bench he had these for averages.  13.3 ppg, 8.1 rebounds, plus the stats that don't show, takes charges and takes up space for others to create and to get in the way on defense.  Even if we sign him, he's worth a middle level contract to either starts for us or trade bait later in career. 
Brandon Bass, this is just if on a very low cost to us, if he wants to stay in Boston.  This gives us a true veteran.  Not saying he needs to stay. 

Third stage is free agency in a perfect word of getting one key piece. 
Kawhi Leonard, is the biggest key to our off season.  He's option A and should be our prize.  At only 23 years old, defense and offence at all star levels, and would become the captain on the Celtics for many years to come.  Comes with a max contract.
DeAndre Jordan, is the second free agent we should go after.  Yes, horrible at free throws but with us, it's not a worry because of talent behind him and can sub when needed late if they try to play Hack-A-Jordan.  This give us our big man, for defense, rebounds and easy buckets for him.  Comes with a good contract, close to probably the max we can offer him but might be less because of his free throws.

What do we look like with this being done.

Point Guard - Smart, Thomas
Shooting Guard - Bradley, Turner, Young
Small Forward - Leonard, Crowder,
Power Forward - Sullinger, Harrell, Olynyk
Center - Jordan, Zeller

Have a 2nd round rookie as well.  This gives us 13 players on the roster.  Room to sign free agents that way if want to send Young down again or change rotation. 

The best part of doing all this as well is money.  If done right by signing these two free agents, resigning Crowder, redoing Turner and Sullingers deals to extend them before the end of the season.  We should have money for the 2016 season, plus the ability to trade players such as Sully, Turner and Olynyk. 

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
1) would you be happy with this team?
2)would this team make the Eastern Conference finals within 3 years?

Go after Middleton and Harris, get a top defensive big man. This means we will have our cap maxed out until the spike in 2017 & onwards where we'll add another 40% to the cap at least.

Starters:
Smart
Middleton
Harris
Sullinger
Hibbert or D Jordan

Bench
IT
Crowder
Zeller
Olynyk
Turner
Rookie
Rookie

Could that team make it to a game 7 in the Eastern Conference Semi finals?
Would we keep Crowder if we had both Harris and Middleton?
Would we keep both Turner and IT?

Missing anything significant?

Would you be happy if we came out of the offseason with this line up?

Honestly my opinion I hate this. 

What I think the Celtics should do is this, money isn't totally worked out but you'll get the idea.  First thing Celtics must do is find a buyer for Wallace with the LA Clippers 1st this year I believe.  The draft isn't as deep as I'd like it to be with game changers. 

First starting with the draft. 
With the 16th pick I believe we should take, Montrezl Harrell, PF, Louisville.  Reason, we don't need him to be a starter right now or maybe ever but a great 6th man when it comes to our bigs.  He's only 6'8 but he plays extremely big with a lot of energy and intensity which we need.  Reminds a lot of scouts and people of a Kenneth Faried in his style of play. 
The second round is where we can find some depth or we trade away for some future picks.

Secondly
Keeping Celtic players we have now. 
Jae Crowder, I believe is a must sign for us.  He's defense and presence off our bench is much needed, and has shown can fill in at starts when needed. 
Evan Turner, yes we have him for one more year which he will probably play out, but could be worth trying to get something done for another 2 years so 3 years total.  Like his skill set for off our bench and he can play positions 1-3. 
Jared Sullinger, before you say anything listen.  He's a big body, bangs, rebounds and a decent if not great scorer when on the block.  It might not always be the greatest looking but he's got skills and gets the job done.  Yes, injury issue but he's worth a middle level contract, which he knows he'll only get considering everything.  He won't want to me and all works in our favor to get him cheaper.  Last season playing 74 games, some even off the bench he had these for averages.  13.3 ppg, 8.1 rebounds, plus the stats that don't show, takes charges and takes up space for others to create and to get in the way on defense.  Even if we sign him, he's worth a middle level contract to either starts for us or trade bait later in career. 
Brandon Bass, this is just if on a very low cost to us, if he wants to stay in Boston.  This gives us a true veteran.  Not saying he needs to stay. 

Third stage is free agency in a perfect word of getting one key piece. 
Kawhi Leonard, is the biggest key to our off season.  He's option A and should be our prize.  At only 23 years old, defense and offence at all star levels, and would become the captain on the Celtics for many years to come.  Comes with a max contract.
DeAndre Jordan, is the second free agent we should go after.  Yes, horrible at free throws but with us, it's not a worry because of talent behind him and can sub when needed late if they try to play Hack-A-Jordan.  This give us our big man, for defense, rebounds and easy buckets for him.  Comes with a good contract, close to probably the max we can offer him but might be less because of his free throws.

What do we look like with this being done.

Point Guard - Smart, Thomas
Shooting Guard - Bradley, Turner, Young
Small Forward - Leonard, Crowder,
Power Forward - Sullinger, Harrell, Olynyk
Center - Jordan, Zeller

Have a 2nd round rookie as well.  This gives us 13 players on the roster.  Room to sign free agents that way if want to send Young down again or change rotation. 

The best part of doing all this as well is money.  If done right by signing these two free agents, resigning Crowder, redoing Turner and Sullingers deals to extend them before the end of the season.  We should have money for the 2016 season, plus the ability to trade players such as Sully, Turner and Olynyk. 

If I had to put a percentage on it Id say theres a 1% chance Kawhi leaves San Antonio, and a 5% chance Deandre leaves LA. Unfortunately Id say theres a .01% chance we get Kawhi and a .1% chance we get Deandre.

Yes your plan is better it is also as only slightly more  likely than trading the #16 overall pick for Lebron James

Middleton, Harris, Lawson, Monroe, Chandler, Lopez, Faried, Stephenson, 8-10 range picks, etc

Those are the guys that are actually available and there is some real talent in that group (not to mention I surely left some out) but in this day and age, especially with the way the salary cap is set to shoot up. Star players, will not hit the market unless they are fed up with their teams.

once they leave we have both NY and LA and a whole group of other teams with cap space to contend with.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Well then, you must agree that any signing will be an upgrade at this point. The aforementioned players has ours beat by a mile, and that's without Stevens' coaching.

Sure, the players mentioned simply don't move the needle enough for me to get hyped.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.