Author Topic: Would you be happy if the C's started next season with the following team..?  (Read 4819 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
1) would you be happy with this team?
2)would this team make the Eastern Conference finals within 3 years?

Go after Middleton and Harris, get a top defensive big man. This means we will have our cap maxed out until the spike in 2017 & onwards where we'll add another 40% to the cap at least.

Starters:
Smart
Middleton
Harris
Sullinger
Hibbert or D Jordan

Bench
IT
Crowder
Zeller
Olynyk
Turner
Rookie
Rookie

Could that team make it to a game 7 in the Eastern Conference Semi finals?
Would we keep Crowder if we had both Harris and Middleton?
Would we keep both Turner and IT?

Missing anything significant?

Would you be happy if we came out of the offseason with this line up?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:59:34 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Where's the money coming from?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Thin air

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Maxing our cap to acquire those guys.
Moving Wallace and Bradley.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Maxing our cap to acquire those guys.
Moving Wallace and Bradley.
must be moving Young too.  Not moving Wallace without a pick or a player (AB/Young?) or as part of a trade package where his salary offsets incoming player salaries but I don't see that here.

I look at that lineup and while I'd consider it better than what we have, I don't see it as a contender and it'll be filling our cap for years to come.  Middleton, Harris and Hibbert are what I would consider complementary players to put around a star player and there's no one I see on the roster that fits that description.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
No. I don't want Hibbert.

Thanks.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Our problem right now is that our bench (which would be an awesome bench) are starting games.

This doesn't do a lot to change that.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
(a) Fairly happy, yes.
(b) Yes, fair shot at ECF over next few seasons. I thought no initially but hopefully I.Thomas can give the offense enough of a boost off the bench to give them a shot at it. I thought firstly that the starting group did not have enough offense. That Smart would need to be upgraded for a more playmaking PG somewhere down the line. But, yeah, they got a shot it. Thomas off the bench is a big weapon.

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
your pretty quick to move the guy who won the RA award this year.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Id be delighted
I think they could make some headway in the playoffs

How could they do it? I think its possible
Step 1. AB to Jazz or Thunder for pick 12 or 14 and change (now 35 mil cap space)
Step 2. Sign Middleton and Harris to max deals 16 mil a piece (now 3 mil cap space)
Step 3. Package Wallace and #28 to a team like Philly (14 mil)
Step 4. Trade future #2 pick to eat entire Hibbert salary.
Step 5. Match any offers for Crowder
Step 6. Select Oubre at 12, Harrell at 16, George Lucas/Dakari Johnson/Tyler Harvey/Upshaw at 33

Salary cap issues.
Im not sure if that works as Crowder QO and draft pick holds count against us. Moving Wallace and AB gets us to 46 mil but I think the 12 and 16 picks count for 3.3 mil and Crowder is 1.1 mil so then we are down to 41.6 mil. That's not enough to take in two 16 mil contracts and Hibberts 13.67. We would have to send them Evan Turner in the deal. Which is unfortunate as  I like Turner but so be it.

The lineup is exacly as outlined I believe

Smart IT
Middleton Young
Harris Crowder Oubre
Sully KO Harrell
Hibbert Zeller Upshaw

Also if it came to it we could package 12 and 16 and a guy like Kelly to get into the top 10 as that would actually lower the cap #.
I think KO, 12, 16 could get you into the top 10 to maybe get a WCS or a Prozingis or a Hezonja or Johnson. (the last 2 would be a bit redundant but both would be great adds in terms of talent)

I have 2 concerns with this
1. Bucks might match
2. Magic might match

Moreso the magic. The Bucks have 2 great wings coming up in Parker and GA but they may bring Middleton back because he shoots lights out and GA and MCW are bad shooters. Hopefully they see their wing position as set and let Middleton walk.

The Magic on the other hand have talent in Aaron Gordon but he like the rest of the team cant really shoot the basketball I expect them to match.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:54:25 PM by mahcus smaht »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yup, I'd be happy.

Harris and Middleton would give us much needed scoring and Hibbert FINALLY gives us a real center.

I have a feeling however that Sullinger is a goner this offseason.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I guess that would give us one of the top two teams in the East and room to get better

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
A lot would have to go our way in the sense that wed need cooperation from both Milwakee and Orlando, but if we could pull that off thats huge.

Mahcus's proposal where we would be left with pick 12, 16, 33, 45 could leave us enough amo to get WCS if he falls past 5

That could be brilliant
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
A lot would have to go our way in the sense that wed need cooperation from both Milwakee and Orlando, but if we could pull that off thats huge.

Mahcus's proposal where we would be left with pick 12, 16, 33, 45 could leave us enough amo to get WCS if he falls past 5, because after that hes probably sliding to 8 as Sac, Den, and Det all have C's

That could be brilliant
I think Hezonja and Winslow are better prospects but if you can get WCS
Smart(21)
Middleton (23) Young (19)
Harris(22)
Sullinger(23)
Cauley-Stein(21)

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Not as high on Hibbert anymore, like most, but wonder if he and Green could be buy-low candidates?

Not sure what Bradley/Wallace add up to in salary, but with Smart...