Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (half silly, half serious question)  (Read 4020 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler (half silly, half serious question)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 02:17:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hate Crowder so no

May I ask why?

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:33 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I hate Crowder so no
Lol. We aren't even on the same page, but different books? What are your thoughts regarding Crowder? Very interested because, again, I could be seeing him through rose-colored glasses based on my general preference for defensive-minded players.
Well to show I am open about all players, things I love about Crowder= aggressive, fights inside for rebounds and is confident.
What I hate= poor shooter,  tweener, over-rated defender(lacks foot speed and quick leap), weak passer, and doesn't make people better.

He truly benefits from others creating mostly. I said it before his best potential is Eric Williams. A beloved role player but nothing more.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 02:35:34 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm not seeing Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard, but maybe we can hope for Jae to have a Demarre Carroll type impact on a good team. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 02:52:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not seeing Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard, but maybe we can hope for Jae to have a Demarre Carroll type impact on a good team.

TP for the comparison.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 02:58:31 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I hate Crowder so no
Lol. We aren't even on the same page, but different books? What are your thoughts regarding Crowder? Very interested because, again, I could be seeing him through rose-colored glasses based on my general preference for defensive-minded players.
Well to show I am open about all players, things I love about Crowder= aggressive, fights inside for rebounds and is confident.
What I hate= poor shooter,  tweener, over-rated defender(lacks foot speed and quick leap), weak passer, and doesn't make people better.

He truly benefits from others creating mostly. I said it before his best potential is Eric Williams. A beloved role player but nothing more.

He might not be a good 3-point shooter, but he does have a pretty good midrange game, imo, can post up, iirc, and has hit some big shots for us.  I don't agree about the lack of foot speed, though, because if that was true, how would he have been able to stay with Lebron so well in the playoffs, in addition to our regular season games with Cleveland?

True, he's not an all star, but he is a very good player, and I hope that we keep him.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
We could just make him an owner. You know give him a chunk of the franchise.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I hate Crowder so no

He might not be a good 3-point shooter, but he does have a pretty good midrange game, imo, can post up, iirc, and has hit some big shots for us.  I don't agree about the lack of foot speed, though, because if that was true, how would he have been able to stay with Lebron so well in the playoffs, in addition to our regular season games with Cleveland?

True, he's not an all star, but he is a very good player, and I hope that we keep him.
He missed way too many of every kind of shot. Sure he hit like 4 big ones but he missed a ton of 4th quarter shots that cost the team too. He also didn't stay with LeBron. LeBron just drove by him when ever he wanted. And even Descruba  drove past Crowder.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:29:53 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Butler is really, really good. He had >8 offensive win shares last season by merit of his 21.3 PER on 21.6% usage, which makes him an excellent offensive player. Defensively, his reputation is deserved. That adds up to a really phenomenal player - not the best 2-way player in the game but quite possibly top 5 (LeBron, AD, CP3, Westbrook, Butler).

I think any GM in the league would offer him the max. The hypothetical 'double max' maybe not, but 1.5x the max? Quite possibly.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't see how you can consider Westbrook a top 5 two-way player -- and I'm a big Westbrook fan. He's not a better two way player than the likes of Thompson, Leonard, and George.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »

Offline sh_touttahere

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I hate Crowder so no
what an idiot

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 04:15:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Butler ..one of my fav .....non Celtics

Oh.....I'd TRIPlE MaX him !

LoL.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Given the well-documented growing cap over the next two years, do you believe this guy is worth 2x the max? Literally, hypothetically (tho not possible), using 2/3 max contracts to get this guy. I am so obsessed it has become unhealthy
  Nope, not possible anyways the way the league is set up no one is worth double the max.  The max is the max.   Is he is max player, that is debatable, we will know more after these series.   So far he looks like a max player vs. the Cavs.   He had a great move in the final minutes of last night's game but he shot free throws poorly down the stretch as did most of the bulls.
Common sense is always good. TP.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hate Crowder so no

TP for the [very appropriate] Eric Williams comp - he was my favorite player (along with Antoine) and was ecstatic when we re-traded for him.

As for Jimmy Butler, would love to have him, but not at the double-max...I guess we can only add him to the guys we want, but most likely can't have.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
For clarification, I realize no one can be given the "double max" :P
Just wanted to express how much I love his game, attitude, and potential, and was wondering how others viewed him.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 10:40:12 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
You know something... this team's roster is so talent starved that I wouldn't mind paying a guy like Butler double max... we need something, and I don't know about you guys but last time Ainge was trying to "develop his young talent and core" he traded them away for KG and Ray Ray and to be quite honest we should retake that route again.