Author Topic: Interested in Roy Hibbert?  (Read 2396 times)

Re: Interested in Roy Hibbert?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 08:16:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If the Celtics can get Hibbert they have to do it. He might be slow for an up tempo offense but he is a complete game changer on the defensive end. A Paul Georgeless Indiana had no reason fighting for the 8th seed this year and Hibbert's command on the defensive end allowed them to compete.

Like someone else said, net Hibbert to anchor the defense. Add a dynamic scorer to this bunch (preferably at the 3 slot) and the Celtics could definitely be in business.

Smart/IT
Bradley
SF/Crowder
Sully/KO
Hibbert/Zeller

Serves as a nice young core to run with over the next few years.

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Hibbert is a perennial candidate for the best defensive big man in the NBA, and as an added bonus he's got a decent offensive game with some post moves and good footwork.
And he is a good passer from both the low and high post.
And he has been improving his jump shot. Hit 44% of his shots beyond 15 feet on a 150 attempts this year.

Hibbert is a low volume guy but he is a well rounded offensive player.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Kanter I'd pass on he isn't much better than Zeller. Kanter just got feed easy buckets by a super star. He is the Jazz version if he comes here.

But I agree with the Gasol and Jordan dream. They would be great.
per 36 the Jazz version of Kanter was averaging 18.4 points and 10.4 rebounds on a team with Favors and Gobert.  I'd be happy with those numbers, wouldn't you?  I mean they are both better than Zeller and Kanter was much closer to 36 minutes than Zeller (so the numbers aren't as skewed as much).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip