Author Topic: Idea: sign Danny Green....Gerald Green...and Jeff Green, Holy Green team Batman!  (Read 3045 times)

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
We should sign AC Green as an assistant coach too ;D

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think the poster has a point.

Gerald us finishing a deal at $3M per. He fell out if favor and could be had for $5 or less. Danny Green, not a $10M player, but nice. More like $8M Bradley type money. Jeff Green didn't do himself any favors. Sub $10M sounds right.

Draymond is the prize but tough to get. The other 3 would all give solid length, stretch shooting and athleticism. Plenty of scoring potential in a rotational style. Definite no star system.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Sign Tarik Black, Vander Blue, and Royce White.  Trying to make a team with only one color is racist.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Funnily enough, I actually wouldn't be opposed to getting Jeff Green back here.

When we traded him away we were a decent lottery team trying to reduce ourselves to a poor lottery team for the sake of draft value, but then we surprised people and ended up making the playoffs. 

I don't think Jeff Green is very useful on a tanking lottery team, but he could be very useful on a playoff team - as a starter or a bench guy.  Out biggest weaknesses (aside from rim protection) is talent at the SF spot, and outright scoring in general.  Green would help us in both regards, and would also give us a solid defensive option against guys like Lebron.

Plus the addition of Isaiah Thomas and (hopeful) emergency of Marcus Smart means he doesn't have to play as large a role in facilitating the offence (which he sucked at) and can fall back to his more comfortable role of being a 2nd or 3rd option on offense.

Then throw in the fact that we are now much more of a running team now that Rondo is gone (which fits him perfectly).

I actually think Jeff Green would be an awesome fit on this current team.

Yeah, I know I'll get flamed for this post lol but oh well
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:33:52 PM by crimson_stallion »

Offline JCeltic777

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
The only way i see the celtics getting Draymond Green is in a sign and trade. Maybe the warriors accept avery bradley, Olynyk and #16? Although, not as good as Green, a Curry/Bradley/Thompson/Barnes/Bogut starting 5 is no joke either.