Author Topic: The next big 3  (Read 4288 times)

Re: The next big 3
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 05:58:02 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't know man.  Not sure what you aren't seeing.  The picks we have are for flexibility so we can target the players we want.  The team is going to improve whether it's through the draft or whatever.  Or both.  Marcus Smart is our most talented player and eh was a rookie last year and he's going to get better.  We were a fringe playoff team this past year.   We don't need to tank to do that.

I never said we aren't building through the draft.  I just said our pick is more than likely not going to be very high.

WE have 2 1st round picks and free agency and trades to improve our roster.  Do you think we aren't going to be better? Because Ainge would not be doing his job.  We have 3 more picks coming up the next year.  Obviously we are going to build with that.

These next 2 drafts and offseasons are really the meat of the assets and picks we have.  It's going to happen this offseason and next.  We have Nj's insurance pick in 2018 but it's not going to take that long. Thats the 5 year window as insurance if we cant  make it happen here but this is it. This offseason and next.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:04:52 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
In 2 to 3 years time, I won't be surprised if our big 3 look like Smart, Noel, Middleton or something close to it (style wise).

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Smart

Crowder

Olynyk
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't really see those guys as a big 3.  I don't even know if we will have one ultimately.  It's a team game but I t hink Ainge is defintaely going to improve our roster this year and a big part of that is the front line.  Bird,  McHale, Parish were the real "big 3"  because they were a front line.  Ray KG and Pierce weren't really that. I don't th ink we will replicate the big 3 this time but I do expect Ainge to make moves with regards to a big man ultimately.

That nickname "the big 3" has kind of been coined off to mean any 3 players though and NO!

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Trading Bradley is a possibility.  Getting bigger guards and a legit center and keeping Sully and KO.  Right now we have Smart and  a lot of questions but there are quite a few pieces I think should stay.  I might be off on Bradley though. I don't know but Ainge is going to target players whether it's with teh draft or whatever.

I don't see the celtics trading Bradley overly.  He's not perfect and may have hit his ceiling but he's improved over time.  I dont see why he wont continue ot do that. He's limited somewhat with his athleticism but he's very quick and makes plays.  He's also aggressive and  I like that. He's probably more Tony Allen than Marcus although probably a cross between the two with better offense.

I like most of our players and how the team is building and coming along that's half the issue.  I don't see the need to make drastic trades because we have talent where we can just put out feelers of what we want.  Like trading Wallace. Bass is up for free agency.  Turner has a role here  but who knows.  Turner is a good player too. So is Bass. Wallace is still better than most people here.

Is a guy like Khris Middleton good enough where he can be a kawii leonard type of player?  We need creators and scorers but smart players too.  It's not all about stats.

We could maybe get Middleton for a guy like Bradley but Middleton wants to stay in Milwaulkee although who knows with players today.

I'm not opposed to building the more under the radar way and finding players.  I think the celtics  might do just that but is middleton that guy? Sully has to get better and we need to find Tim Duncan somewhere.

I guess what I'm saying is i'm more talking about team building. In order to do that I think Ainge needs to improve our  front line. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:20:03 PM by walker834 »