Author Topic: 2015 Draft Prospect work outs  (Read 23159 times)

Re: 2015 Draft Prospect work outs
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
#Celtics workout today includes Corey Walden (EKU);Yanick Moreia (SMU);Gerard Coleman (Georgetown College in Kentucky)

Other #Celtics workout participants today include Keifer Sykes (Wis-GB); Scott Eatherton (Northeastern) and Travis Trice (Michigan State

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 11:46:04 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Corey Walden, sg, senior 6'2"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Corey-Walden-17093/

Gerard Coleman, sg, 6'5"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gerard-Coleman-5790/

Keifer Sykes, pg, senior 6' 0"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Keifer-Sykes-41941/

Scott Eatherton, forward 6' 8"
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Scott-Eatherton-17630/

none of these guys were ranked as being drafted by draft express. they look like training camp and d league fodder.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
5/29 update
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm reading the Celtics are not scheduled to bring in anymore big name wing players in for workouts after RHJ , Justin Anderson and perhaps Dekker at a later time.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'm reading the Celtics are not scheduled to bring in anymore big name wing players in for workouts after RHJ , Justin Anderson and perhaps Dekker at a later time.

Where'd you read that? Because Murphy had this.

Workouts are expected to continue Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, before Ainge departs for a player showcase in Europe. Expect bigger names — players more likely to be taken with the 16th pick — to come in as the draft draws closer.

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
update 6/1
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Where'd you read that? Because Murphy had this.

Workouts are expected to continue Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, before Ainge departs for a player showcase in Europe. Expect bigger names — players more likely to be taken with the 16th pick — to come in as the draft draws closer.

Well for now. It was an article I read on csnne. RHJ and anderson soon, then perhaps dekker.  The other guys like Oubre, Johnson I imagine will workout for teams picking between 5-13 range first then if they have time/no promises given workout for the celts closer to the draft

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Today's Celtics pre-draft workouts:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today?s Celtics pre-draft workouts (and where they rank on Chad Ford?s big board): pic.twitter.com/5wzDnxFsml</p>&mdash; Chris Forsberg (@ESPNForsberg) June 1, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/605368642147090432/photo/1

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/605368642147090432
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:27:51 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 02:34:56 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Thought people would be interested in these quotes from today's workouts and Scott Souza's tweets. I messed up in the format. Sorry.

Both Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Justin Anderson come across as high-energy, big-personality players at #Celtics draft workouts.
   

Scott Souza ‏@scott_souza  ? 1h1 hour ago 
#Celtics draft invitee Justin Anderson: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is just a defender ... We're two different players.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson called Brad Stevens: "a genuine, hard-working, blue-collar guy."

#Celtics workout invitee Justin Anderson talked about some defensive-minded players having to be "hid" offensively: "I didn't have to hide."

Scott Souza ‏@scott_souza  ? 2h2 hours ago 
#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson on what makes C's workout stand out: The presence of Brad Stevens.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson said he expected to see Wisconsin's Sam Dekker today, but thinks he pulled out of workout.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson: Think I am going to start seeing Rondae Hollis-Jefferson a lot at future workouts.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson: better shooting was about more opportunity at UVA, working at it and eventually it pays off.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Justin Anderson: Think I had a good workout, shot the ball really well.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: Scouts have told me my shot's gotten better. Still room for improvement.

#Celtics draft workout invitee Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: Defense can get you on the court, will keep you in a game.

#Celtics workout invitee Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: Defense a pride thing. You don't want to be shown up out there, let your teammates down.

#Celtics asst GM Austin Ainge: NCAA defenders who can hit jumper can fill that role in NBA, volume shooters can have tougher transition.

#Celtics assistant GM Austin Ainge: Jae Crowder did a great job as a physical, defensive forward for us. We need more guys like that.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:40:52 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
TP CFAN38 for starting the thread.

Working out w/ the C's today: Andrew Harrison (Kentucky), Terry Rozier (Louisville), Olivier Hanlan (Boston College

and Josh Richardson (Tennessee). Corey Walden (Eastern Kentucky) is back for his second workout w/ the team.

https://twitter.com/celtics?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fbasketball.realgm.com%2Fnba%2Fteams%2FBoston-Celtics%2F2%2FHome&tw_i=605738036710752257&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=349949388812070912

Interesting about Walden's second workout. Glad to see Hanlan and Harrison there. Due diligence.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:28:01 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
update 6/2
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 01:12:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
One observation I would like to make, the only prospect who is clearly ranked by the draft "experts" in the #16 range who has worked out to date for the Cs is Portis. RHJ and Anderson could both work up to that point but consensus seems to be that they would be a reach at #16. Dekker was rumored to be joining the Anderson/RHJ workout but Anderson was quoted saying he backed out. He would have been the second guy in the 16 range.

This leads me to speculate that the Cs really are actively aggressively trying to move up and agents are not interested in wasting time sending clients to Boston who hope to go in the 16 range. Obviously agents who view their clients as lottery picks are unlikely to let them go to Boston.

At this point I was expecting to see workouts that included. Portis, Lyles, Looney, Dekker, Hunter, Booker, Oubre and Grant. The small conspiracy theory part of my brain thinks that this may be a sign of things to come.

Time will tell 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
One observation I would like to make, the only prospect who is clearly ranked by the draft "experts" in the #16 range who has worked out to date for the Cs is Portis. RHJ and Anderson could both work up to that point but consensus seems to be that they would be a reach at #16. Dekker was rumored to be joining the Anderson/RHJ workout but Anderson was quoted saying he backed out. He would have been the second guy in the 16 range.

This leads me to speculate that the Cs really are actively aggressively trying to move up and agents are not interested in wasting time sending clients to Boston who hope to go in the 16 range. Obviously agents who view their clients as lottery picks are unlikely to let them go to Boston.

At this point I was expecting to see workouts that included. Portis, Lyles, Looney, Dekker, Hunter, Booker, Oubre and Grant. The small conspiracy theory part of my brain thinks that this may be a sign of things to come.

Time will tell

Nice post!

Very logical observation.

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128

Time will tell 

This makes sense. It also makes sense what the team was saying about lottery players and fringe lottery players not willing to start workouts before they get in a little better shape--which completely jibes with Dekker missing our workout. Has anyone who is slated to go lottery or in range of our 16 pick worked out for other teams? I haven't heard of any, though my ears are tuned for Celtics news. Rather, the guys we've seen work out for us are trying to move up in our range of the draft or get drafted at all.

If the players we're suspecting to go in our range were working out for other teams, that'd give a lot of credence to your thoughts here. Still a great post.

Just did a really quick check of the Lakers, Kings and Pacers recent workouts and the only player of note there is Oubre working out for the Pacers while a lot of the guys we've had through have been visiting those other teams as well.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:00:38 PM by Robb »
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Time will tell

Good observation but in a way, our workout list is more consistent with trading down, not up. We haven't brought any of the top 10 guys in either.

Looking at our workout list you'd think we had only the 28 and 33 picks.

Gamesmanship on the other side could explain the discrepancy of course. But still...