Author Topic: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night  (Read 12608 times)

Re: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 03:39:25 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Smart and a late pick for Lawson and Nurkic. Otherwise I don't see the point of the discussion

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 03:41:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Nab him if we can get him for a decent price, and then dangle him to Sacramento to try and entice them for a DMC deal when they inevitably fall out of the race next year. I know they said they want to try and make the playoffs next year, but I don't see them being better than GS, Houston, LAC, Memphis, SAS, OKC, Portland, or NOLA, and they'd still have to compete against an improving Utah team who will look to make the playoffs next year, too. That's also not to mention LA or Dallas getting free agents and being players again next year, too.

If not that, then I wonder if we could try and get Lawson then try and pry the 6th pick from Sacramento away from them.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Nab him if we can get him for a decent price, and then dangle him to Sacramento to try and entice them for a DMC deal when they inevitably fall out of the race next year. I know they said they want to try and make the playoffs next year, but I don't see them being better than GS, Houston, LAC, Memphis, SAS, OKC, Portland, or NOLA, and they'd still have to compete against an improving Utah team who will look to make the playoffs next year, too. That's also not to mention LA or Dallas getting free agents and being players again next year, too.

If not that, then I wonder if we could try and get Lawson then try and pry the 6th pick from Sacramento away from them.
Agreed once again.
If we can add him for a reasonable price it is another flexibility gaining type move.
Option 1: build Cousins trade around him (unlikely)
Option 2: move him and change for pick #6. Actually makes some sense as their big need is pg and there is no pg worth picking at 6 who will be there at 6.
Option 3: move AB or IT
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Lawson is a buy low player at this point.

My offer would be Gerald Wallace and the #28 and our second in '15 and '16 plus the Rondo trade exception (in 2 separate deals) for Lawson and Gallinari.  We get 2 players coming back from different issues for cheap to help us next year.
Not a fan of Lawson and he doesn't fill a crucial area of need like SF.  But, I like Gallinari and he would be good shooter for CBS' offensive system.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 04:09:46 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I don't get the fascination for Lawson, especially given the state of this team, but using him to get the 6th pick from Sacramento sounds like a brilliant move.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I don't get the fascination for Lawson, especially given the state of this team, but using him to get the 6th pick from Sacramento sounds like a brilliant move.

Mike

Why wouldn't Sac just deal with DEN directly? Denver has plenty of contracts that would make it work.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Mike

Why wouldn't Sac just deal with DEN directly? Denver has plenty of contracts that would make it work.
Because Danny is really active, Sacremento is really stupid, and its not fun for us that way.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not super confident in how Lawson is going to age as a 5'11'' 28 year old guy who has relied a great deal on speed and who is already having ankle issues.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Mike

Because Danny is really active, Sacremento is really stupid, and its not fun for us that way.

I like this answer. Plus, if Denver is looking for draft pick compensation, Sacramento can't really trade anything other than their pick this year, which granted is pretty decent. Is that enough to get them Lawson and/or whoever else they want? I'm not sure, because they'd have to probably take back one or more of their bad/longer contracts (Thompson or Landry). Is Landry, Stauskas, and the #6 better than what we can offer for Lawson?

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Mike

I like this answer. Plus, if Denver is looking for draft pick compensation, Sacramento can't really trade anything other than their pick this year, which granted is pretty decent. Is that enough to get them Lawson and/or whoever else they want? I'm not sure, because they'd have to probably take back one or more of their bad/longer contracts (Thompson or Landry). Is Landry, Stauskas, and the #6 better than what we can offer for Lawson?

I think the Celtics have to start either Smart or IT at PG (if they don't trade either).

IT, Tyus Jones, Smart
Smart, Hezonja, Young
Hezonja, Crowder, Young
Sully, Bass, Cliff Alexander
Marc Gasol, Zeller, Dakari Johnson, Alexander

Gasol tires of Western Conference. 
AB, KO and a second rounder traded for Hezonja and __________.

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Zero interest on Ty Lawson. By far prefer to have Isaiah Thomas' cost controlled contract, who is also younger, as an off the bench player than having Ty Lawson as a starter for us.

Easy choice.

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Yep, make a 3 teams trade and grab that #6 from sacramento. I can give #16 and KO for that :P

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So Lawson is definitely a better playmaker than IT, but is he really any better (IT is the superior scorer)? I'm really not sure we could keep both so we would have to trade IT - would Denver do the trade for him straight-up? If not, I am really not interested. We would have to get a REALLY good deal for him or plan to flip him to SAC in a Cousins deal for it to really be worth it.

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I would rather go for chandler or gallinari if we would trade with denver.
Lawson makes no sense for us.

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
It would be really cool if the C's could turn Gerald's cap number into Ty Lawson somehow, but I'm not sure I want him after reading this stuff...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28037630/dempsey-ty-lawsons-time-denver-may-be-nearing-end
The only color that matters is GREEN