Author Topic: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night  (Read 12629 times)

Re: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
13m a year for another pg?  Why would we do this?  We need to spend our money on a big time free agent  or trade for a player who can give us scoring punch.  I'd rather throw our money and picks/assets at getting a guy who could impact our franchise, like a Demarcus Cousins for instance.

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 10:13:41 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
13m a year for another pg?  Why would we do this?  We need to spend our money on a big time free agent  or trade for a player who can give us scoring punch.  I'd rather throw our money and picks/assets at getting a guy who could impact our franchise, like a Demarcus Cousins for instance.

Because Lawson is actually worth this, he'd actually start on our team. Let's not act like we have a starting quality PG on this team, and if you don't think Lawson is a legit starting quality PG than you should do your research.

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2015, 10:17:30 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Because Lawson is actually worth this, he'd actually start on our team. Let's not act like we have a starting quality PG on this team, and if you don't think Lawson is a legit starting quality PG than you should do your research.

I agree with this post.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
More from Lowe on Ty Lawson
One aside: Boston and Denver discussed Ty Lawson deals before the deadline, and the Nuggets justifiably demanded a high return for a borderline All-Star on a friendly long-term contract. The talks fizzled, and Boston snagged Isaiah Thomas at a cheaper price. The relationship between Lawson and the Nuggets may be souring beyond repair, per the Denver Post, and the Nuggets are now faced with a thinner trade market. Boston, Detroit, Miami, and Milwaukee traded for point guards at the deadline, and though two of those players3 are free agents this summer, both are likely to re-sign with their current teams.

But don’t count out the Celtics just because they have Thomas — a warning that should apply to lots of teams with established starting point guards. Lawson is really good, and Denver’s thinning trade market presents opportunity for a surprise suitor to strike. Denver will need a point guard if it deals Lawson,5 and the Celtics acquired Thomas in part because his cheapo contract is so easy to trade. The Hornets should absolutely gauge how much they’d have to attach to Kemba Walker in order to land Lawson — or whether they could acquire Lawson and flip Walker someplace else for extra goodies.

Acquiring Lawson for Thomas and the Clippers pick would be a good deal imo, however, I think if Denver is rebuilding, they probably want a pg prospect with high upside not Thomas. Ideally I would like to get them both so that we can constantly be pushing the tempo.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
PLEASE NO MORE UNDERSIZED PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Lawson is a valuable player. He's a good player and his value is pretty low right now. But you also have to consider that you can't devote $20m of your salary cap to the PG position when neither guy can defend and neither one is 6 feet tall. Lawson is better than IT, but they're pretty close. Lawson is the better passer while IT is the better scorer. Lawson is better on defense, but they're both sub-par.

I don't see a way to acquire Lawson without moving IT. If the deal is worth it then I'm all for it, but I don't see acquiring him being a massive upgrade and therefore he's not worth breaking the bank for to get him (like giving up #16 to get him).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131

Ty lawson is not for us. Ainge will go after him so they can trade him for demarcus cousins the coach karl (whatever his name was) said that he  wants ty lawson because he used to coach ty lawson. they are very close.. it has long been rumored that any package for cousins most include lawson.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

I agree with this post.

I think $13m is overpaying for this guy.

But you get a TP because that "999" sitting out there was driving me crazy.  Welcome to the 4-figure club!

Mike

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I don't get the fascination for Lawson, especially given the state of this team, but using him to get the 6th pick from Sacramento sounds like a brilliant move.

Mike

Why wouldn't Sac just deal with DEN directly? Denver has plenty of contracts that would make it work.

Lawson, #33 to Sacramento.
#6, #16 and #28/KO to Denver.
#7 to Boston.

Mike
I could probably live with that.  would rather have #6 if we're giving up that much but I won't complain about #7.  seems like a love to give Denver though

I think we're missing one piece from this deal.  AFAIC, it works out great for us.  But I think Sacramento is going to want more.  They're giving up a #6 for a decent but not great point guard and an early second-rounder.

Mike

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I don't get the fascination for Lawson, especially given the state of this team, but using him to get the 6th pick from Sacramento sounds like a brilliant move.

Mike

Why wouldn't Sac just deal with DEN directly? Denver has plenty of contracts that would make it work.

#7 to Boston.

Mike
I could probably live with that.  would rather have #6 if we're giving up that much but I won't complain about #7.  seems like a love to give Denver though

I think we're missing one piece from this deal.  AFAIC, it works out great for us.  But I think Sacramento is going to want more.  They're giving up a #6 for a decent but not great point guard and an early second-rounder.

Mike

The $12m trade exception could be send in a 2nd deal to SAC - a valuable chip for any team.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

Mike

#7 to Boston.

Mike

Way more than Lawson is worth. He's not worth 6, the kings would be getting 16 and 28 value wise here

Denver will be under duress to unload him, due to stuff that has happened/rebuilding

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The draft is very player dependent.  Moving up to #6 doesn't make sense yet unless there is a difference-maker who slides to that pick.

I don't see any reason to give up assets and 13m of cap space for a PG when Marcus Smart is the future of that position, and for now we have adequate cover until he is ready in the form of Isaiah Thomas and Evan Turner.

13m of cap space doesn't sound like much, until you realize for 18m you can sign a max offer free agent star player.  Taking away that 13m means you have one less opportunity to land a difference-maker on this decidely average talent roster.