Author Topic: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night  (Read 12633 times)

Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night
« on: May 03, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28037630/dempsey-ty-lawsons-time-denver-may-be-nearing-end

Ty Lawson recently displayed his displeasure with the Nuggets and it would not be shocking if he was moved on draft night.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA  ·  1h 1 hour ago
DEN had some Lawson talks at the deadline, but market probably thinner now after PG trades

As I reported at the deadline, Boston-Denver had Lawson talks, but Boston moved on to Isaiah Thomas. MIA, DET, MIL, all got PGs

I could see the C's revisiting trade talks with the Nuggets. The Nuggets have less leverage in the deal this time around, with Lawson complaining publicly, and fewer pg needy teams after the deadline, the C's could make a value play for a quality pg.

Even if Lawson isn't a perfect fit personnel wise, he would be an asset that could improve his value with the right coach and system. Lawson is also probably better than anyone we will sign in free agency and we could simply absorb him into one of our trade exceptions.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Prediction: C's go after Ty Lawson on Draft night
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
So if we acquire him, Avery Bradley is gone?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
the price?

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 02:07:12 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I'd be down for some Ty Lawson. My only worry is that him and IT wouldn't be effective on the court together. That's what's tricky about having IT as a sixth man. 
DKC Suns

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I'd be down for some Ty Lawson. My only worry is that him and IT wouldn't be effective on the court together. That's what's tricky about having IT as a sixth man.
I think they could have about ten minutes of overlap a game and be ok as long as they really pushed the pace on every possession.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
eh

he is still an undersized PG , and a liability on defense .

I would rather get a pg ( Dragic )or sg (Derozen,Butler )who can handle and and score . I think Derozen could become more efficient in Stevens' system and not going one on one all the time .

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
So if we acquire him, Avery Bradley is gone?
Ideally they could find a deal for him to bring back a stretch 4 or a 3 for Bradley.

However I think they could go small regularly and play 3 of Smart, Bradley, Lawson, Thomas, for stretches if they aren't able to find a deal for Bradley immediately.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
eh

he is still an undersized PG , and a liability on defense .

I would rather get a pg ( Dragic )or sg (Derozen,Butler )who can handle and and score . I think Derozen could become more efficient in Stevens' system and not going one on one all the time .
I don't think Dragic or Butler will consider coming here, DeRozan would probably cost more than Lawson, so those options aren't really equal.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Dump IT. Problem solved.

I'd rather have a good starting PG than a high quality bench guard.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not a Lawson fan.  Suspect work ethic and very likely a drinking problem (reportedly three alcohol-related driving arrests.). Good player, but so was Vin Baker once upon a time.

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Dump IT. Problem solved.

No way, you keep both.  If we had Lawson, Bradley, Smart, and IT4, we would have one of the deepest backcourts in the league.  Multiple ways to attack and defend.  Multiple lineup permutations.

One of the most glaring deficiencies of the Cs-Cavs series was that outside of Turner and IT4, Cs have no one else on the team who can dribble under pressure.

Doubt it happens though.  We have way more needs than another PG.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Dump IT. Problem solved.

No way, you keep both.  If we had Lawson, Bradley, Smart, and IT4, we would have one of the deepest backcourts in the league.  Multiple ways to attack and defend.  Multiple lineup permutations.

One of the most glaring deficiencies of the Cs-Cavs series was that outside of Turner and IT4, Cs have no one else on the team who can dribble under pressure.

Agreed. It's nice to have a super backcourt of those four. Other perimeter players would fear playing against them. However, rim-protecting and rebounding woes should be top priority me thinks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 02:44:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a Lawson fan.  Suspect work ethic and very likely a drinking problem (reportedly three alcohol-related driving arrests.). Good player, but so was Vin Baker once upon a time.
Tp

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Dump IT. Problem solved.

That would be one of the smallest backcourts in the league with each player having major holes  ( Bradley dribbling/playmaking/ size , IT and Lawson size/defense) 

We need size and playmaking/shooting at one of the starting guard spots .

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 03:35:41 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Lawson is a buy low player at this point.

My offer would be Gerald Wallace and the #28 and our second in '15 and '16 plus the Rondo trade exception (in 2 separate deals) for Lawson and Gallinari.  We get 2 players coming back from different issues for cheap to help us next year.

2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby