Author Topic: Cs should feel insulted  (Read 5944 times)

Re: Cs should feel insulted
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
"My new hot girlfriend has tons of guys pursuing her."

"I blame my ex-girlfriend. She was hot too, and broke up with me to date someone better looking."

"Obviously if that hadn't happened, my current girlfriend would not be pursued by guys."

"I'm so insulted."

why not put your analogy in the right context.

You live in a small community and belong to one of the royal families. You were always thought of as the best catch in town and any girl would feel privileged to date you, and no one in the community would even dare go after your girlfriend. Your girlfriend dumps you at the altar for a peasant or outcast something that had never happened to anyone in your family. You get a new young girlfriend, but all of a sudden every peasant in town thinks that girl is within their reach.  You should feel very proud.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 10:29:45 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I did a qucik internet search for the basis of this post, and the closest thing I could find was this: http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/2230/report-presti-searching-for-the-next-brad-stevens.

However, this says that, while Presti once had the inside track on Stevens, he is now untouchable. Thus, Presti wants the next Brad Stevens, not the Brad Stevens.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:07:13 AM by GetLucky »

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 10:33:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

"I blame my ex-girlfriend. She was hot too, and broke up with me to date someone better looking."

"Obviously if that hadn't happened, my current girlfriend would not be pursued by guys."

"I'm so insulted."

Brilliant - thank you for taking a moronic argument and clearly and succinctly demonstrating just how incredibly moronic it really is.   :)

looks like somebody needs to look up the definition of 'argument' then look up the definition of 'opinion' before calling posts moronic.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I did a qucik internet search for the basis of this post, and the closest thing I could find was this: http://espn.go.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/2230/report-presti-searching-for-the-next-brad-stevens.

However, this says that, while Presti once has the inside track on Stevens, he is now untouchable. Thus, Presti wants the next Brad Stevens, not the Brad Stevens.

The basis for my post was a discussion on a radio talk show in LA about the OKC showing an interest in Brad.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

"I'm so insulted."

Brilliant - thank you for taking a moronic argument and clearly and succinctly demonstrating just how incredibly moronic it really is.   :)

TP.

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 12:08:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
rumors that we could lose CBS to OKC.

You believed them?  CBS seems like a man of integrity who wants to overcome the challenge of building a team.  We are a way better destination NBAwise than OKC, but they have more talent than us at present.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 01:03:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Trade Stevens for a lotto pick and let's get back into tank mode.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 04:23:03 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
But only a second rounder. Let's out hinkie these basterds.  ;D

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 09:11:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This thread... O.o

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
But only a second rounder. Let's out hinkie these basterds.  ;D

another tp for another cool video clip. i swear you must spend many of your waking hours scouring the web for these things.....good! keep it up.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
As pretty much everyone has already said this is really a moot point if they do want Brad. We signed him to a long contract so we have him for a while. So we would have to be getting something. Honestly, I wouldn't trade him for a first, and would any team be cr

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ogaju called the whole Doc Rivers debacle way before it happened and i remember everyone (including me) jumping on him for it, calling it ridiculous.  So i wouldn't be too quick to dismiss his assesment here.  However the difference i do see here is that Stevens has shut the notion down with a precise "i'm a celtics and i love it here" instead of Rivers' "i'll take a break in the offseason and see what happens."  Stevens doesn't seem like the fickle type no matter how badly other teams want him.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
This thread is like the ending of Interstellar.

It's going to take me suspending reality for a little bit to believe it's existence is plausible. Like, what's being discussed here? Should we be insulted Doc didn't want to coach a rebuilding team? Or should we be insulted that OKC has wanted Brad Stevens for years but we picked him up? Or should we be mad that SOMEONE floated the idea that OKC wanted Brad again? Aren't the last two compliments or indictments of how well the Celtics organization has done personnel-wise?

I'm awfully confused.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

"I'm so insulted."

looks like somebody needs to look up the definition of 'argument' then look up the definition of 'opinion' before calling posts moronic.

Argument can be defined as "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong."  You invited all of us to share your pseudo-paranoic delusion, with little success.  Furthermore, why don't you just come clean and admit that you initiated this topic so that you could take a shot at a former Celtics head coach? 

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:33:25 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
This thread is like the ending of Interstellar.

It's going to take me suspending reality for a little bit to believe it's existence is plausible. Like, what's being discussed here? Should we be insulted Doc didn't want to coach a rebuilding team? Or should we be insulted that OKC has wanted Brad Stevens for years but we picked him up? Or should we be mad that SOMEONE floated the idea that OKC wanted Brad again? Aren't the last two compliments or indictments of how well the Celtics organization has done personnel-wise?

I'm awfully confused.

I'm all for sending "Ogaju" through a wormhole to an uninhabited planet in another universe...