Author Topic: IT4 Tweet: Beef w. Cousins Squashed?  (Read 1977 times)

IT4 Tweet: Beef w. Cousins Squashed?
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/594177714967318528

"@boogiecousins appreciate the signed jersey you sent me family..."

Interesting.  Making nice and opening channels of communication.  Sign that Celtics are already reaching out to Boogie.

Boooooooogie!

Re: IT4 Tweet: Beef w. Cousins Squashed?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:06:52 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
There was never any beef.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:15:30 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is one step below Love and Rondo shaking hands at Fenway Park. There was certainly aome ambiguity about a possible 'beef' with IT and Cousins so this makes it clear that there is not.

Also, if Cousins is worried about IT being a ball-hog, it actually works out well for them on the Cs as IT comes off the bench for us. Sure they would play minutes together, but not all minutes like when they were on the Kings.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't think IT is a ball hog. he takes a long time trying diagnose what's going on out there while dribbling for a while. 

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
There was never any beef.

From Boogie on ball movement after Thomas left the Kings:

"it’s been incredible. It’s been a smooth transition. The ball is moving a lot better. It’s not stuck in one place ... It’s not being overdribbled by anybody on the floor".

Call it as you see it but it's been noted that Demarcus wasn't exactly crying a river when Thomas left Sactown. Sounds like he wanted the ball more in his own hands than IT's.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 01:49:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If there was, I'd hope this signals a thawing.

We already have one in Green, the other one could be here soon. :)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 01:53:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Cousins would be cool with playing with IT again provided there were a more pass-oriented PG playing ahead of him in the rotation.

The issue was never between Cousins and IT, it was with Cousins feeling like he was the best guy on his team and yet he was competing for touches with two other guys trying to take 15-20 shots a night, and those guys almost always had the ball before he did in any given possession.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
The issue was never between Cousins and IT, it was with Cousins feeling like he was the best guy on his team and yet he was competing for touches with two other guys trying to take 15-20 shots a night, and those guys almost always had the ball before he did in any given possession.

Given Cousins's track record and reputation for being the most immature player around these days (throwing around kids half his size like Smart) somehow doesn't let me believe that Cousins's beef was with the system versus IT. Not trying to trash your point, just suggesting that we're giving Cousins too much credit.

However, whether there was a beef or not, it appears like it's been settled...like it should be...they're adults...playing a game. It's like when I see guys about to fight during a pickup game (saw it yesterday as a matter of fact) I just have to question how mature these "adults" really are.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!