Author Topic: Demarcus cousins trade idea  (Read 1769 times)

Demarcus cousins trade idea
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:50:36 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q8mw9ve

we would give sacramento the 2016 Brooklyn pick, 2018 Brooklyn pick and  2016 Minnesota pick.

we then pair up sully and our 2015 first round draft pick to move up in the draft
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Demarcus cousins trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The closest comparison I can think of for Boogie is a young Zach Randolph.  Young Randolph was insanely talented, immature, selfish, and cancerous in locker rooms.  Here's a per 36 comparison of the two during their peak statistical seasons:

per 36 min          Pts     Fg %    Ft %    OR    DR   TR      Blks   A/T
Cousins  age 24   25.4  .467     .782     3.3   10.1  13.4    1.8   .82
Randolph age 25  23.6  .467     .819     2.9    7.2   10.1    0.2   .69

It was 3 trades and 4 years later that Zach Randolph was ready to contribute to an actual contender and even then he was surrounded by other all-nba caliber veterans in Mike Conley Marc Gasol and Tony Allen.  As recently as last year he cost the Grizzlies a playoff series against the Thunder when he was suspended for a crucial game seven for punching Steven Adams.

My point is that some guys have the skills but not the mental makeup to be the top guy on a team. 

The other downside to these guys from an asset/trade perspective is that they lose value at every stop.  Zach Randolph was traded for considerably less value with each successive trade, as would be the case with Boogie if the Celtics acquired and then attempted to move him.

Re: Demarcus cousins trade idea
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The closest comparison I can think of for Boogie is a young Zach Randolph.  Young Randolph was insanely talented, immature, selfish, and cancerous in locker rooms.  Here's a per 36 comparison of the two during their peak statistical seasons:

per 36 min          Pts     Fg %    Ft %    OR    DR   TR      Blks   A/T
Cousins  age 24   25.4  .467     .782     3.3   10.1  13.4    1.8   .82
Randolph age 25  23.6  .467     .819     2.9    7.2   10.1    0.2   .69

It was 3 trades and 4 years later that Zach Randolph was ready to contribute to an actual contender and even then he was surrounded by other all-nba caliber veterans in Mike Conley Marc Gasol and Tony Allen.  As recently as last year he cost the Grizzlies a playoff series against the Thunder when he was suspended for a crucial game seven for punching Steven Adams.

My point is that some guys have the skills but not the mental makeup to be the top guy on a team. 

The other downside to these guys from an asset/trade perspective is that they lose value at every stop.  Zach Randolph was traded for considerably less value with each successive trade, as would be the case with Boogie if the Celtics acquired and then attempted to move him.
They are comparable but Sully is better in every way.
Younger, better rebounder, less of a bozo, far far superior defender, better passer.

Cousins seems to me to have grown up a lot lately.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.