Author Topic: 2015 Draft sleepers  (Read 20361 times)

Re: 2015 Draft sleepers
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Jordan Mickey...best rim protector?   Late 2nd round.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 08:12:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I have been impressed with Zho Qi based on YouTube videos mostly, does anyone know if he is entering this draft?  If so I would take him in the second as a stash play.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zhou-qi
I heard Qi has been advised to wait another year and he is. Bigger question is if he comes out 2016. Word is they want to early develop him there for better chance of NBA success. 

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I like upshaw and dakari Johnson
But also think some of the international prospects are underrated and would like to gamble on them based on their potential
Guys like Timothe luwawu and George Lucas who have the physical tools but are still raw on skill
I love their potential

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I have been impressed with Zho Qi based on YouTube videos mostly, does anyone know if he is entering this draft?  If so I would take him in the second as a stash play.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zhou-qi
I heard Qi has been advised to wait another year and he is. Bigger question is if he comes out 2016. Word is they want to early develop him there for better chance of NBA success.

When he does come out, Qi is going to be a very serious prospect--definitely not a 2nd rounder. His package of elite length, shooting, mobility, shotblocking, and faceup game is very compelling. His big wart is that he is uniquely skinny-- there is really no NBA player that he compares to in this regard, so it's tough to project how badly it will limit him.

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 02:45:01 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Justin Anderson... top defender

Okay, what else does he do?  All I've seen in a few clips of him is spot up shooting.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
People are sleeping on a lot of these draft and stash and international prospects. I like Marc Garcia a long 6'6" SG that we could stash overseas for a year. I really like Cedi Osman and wouldn't be surprised if he went in the first round because he is a very promising international prospect. Is 6'8" and is a skilled swingman. He isn't exactly explosive, but is a smooth athlete that I believe can compete at the NBA level. Very skilled all around, can spot shoot, handles the ball really well for a swingman, can pass, can get to the rim. There's not much he can't do, but there is also nothing that he is great at. I really think he could be a steal for the Celtics at 28 or at 33. Hopefully Danny sees the same skill that I have and grabs him.

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

I agree. A sneaky need for us this year was athletisicm on the wing. I would make him the top target with the Clippers pick.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:02:01 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Chris-Walker-Workout-Video-4947/

Chris Walker... is a beast. Not sure it'd be too easy to work past the character concerns but it sounds like the kid has a better support system around him now. Kind of reminds me of Tyrus Thomas, elite athleticism but might not possess the drive to be great. The only one stopping him from succeeding is himself.

Could Brad Stevens turn this guy into a player?

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:25 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Okay, what else does he do?  All I've seen in a few clips of him is spot up shooting.

He's a pretty efficient scorer.  Not much of a faclllitator (not a selfish player, just not the best court vision).  I'd say his upside is what Danny Green has become.  Looking back on the draft in 5 years, he could easily be in the top 10-12 players coming out of it, but if he's in the top 5 it will be because there were a ton of busts, and not because he overachieved.  At 28, he's a very safe pick if available.

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Chris-Walker-Workout-Video-4947/

Chris Walker... is a beast. Not sure it'd be too easy to work past the character concerns but it sounds like the kid has a better support system around him now. Kind of reminds me of Tyrus Thomas, elite athleticism but might not possess the drive to be great. The only one stopping him from succeeding is himself.

Could Brad Stevens turn this guy into a player?
I was watching out for this player over 2 years. He just never improved much. I think having him play center a lot hurt his growth. Was really hoping he would have kept his speed and developed SF game. He could be an OK PF but think he lacks another gear to be good. Going to be hard for him to do well in the NBA but not impossible.

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Can a sleeper be a undrafted senior? I know people are always looking at age as upside but there are some seniors with great polished games.

Tyler Haws, 6'5 SG, BYU, age 24. Kind of a SG Korver.
Derrick Marks, 6'3 SG, Boise, age 22. Blend of Lowry and Beal.
Seth Tuttle, 6'8 PF, UNI, age 23. Blend of Austin Croshere and David West.

Would love Marks on this team undrafted  if C's miss out on Harvey.

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Can a sleeper be a undrafted senior? I know people are always looking at age as upside but there are some seniors with great polished games.

Tyler Haws, 6'5 SG, BYU, age 24. Kind of a SG Korver.
Derrick Marks, 6'3 SG, Boise, age 22. Blend of Lowry and Beal.
Seth Tuttle, 6'8 PF, UNI, age 23. Blend of Austin Croshere and David West.

Would love Marks on this team undrafted  if C's miss out on Harvey.

Absolutely, and TP for bringing those players to our attention :).

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2015, 01:33:16 AM »

Offline I told you so

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Richaun Holmes, PF, Bowling Green... dude is ripped at 6-8 1/2 (without shoes), 235 lbs, and was MAC Defensive Player of the Year.  Check out his "Dark Horse Dunker" video on Youtube and his player profile on Draftexpress.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2015, 01:51:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Satnam-Singh-Workout-Video-4957

NBA. DRAFT. SLEEPER.

Triple threat: Big Man, Can Shoot, Mutumbo-eqsue Voice.

I am ON. BOARD.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2015, 03:31:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What sucks is that I would be more comfortable investing in 2/3rds of the guys listed here over James Young. Maybe that is just my impatience surfacing... but I just can not see him bulking up enough to be able to be effective at both ends of the court.

Edit: Was not familiar with Upshaw until a quick Google search... geez, he appears to be a major headcase. He would probably start deflating bballs as soon as he got here.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC