Author Topic: DeAndre Jordan reportedly interested in signing with Mavericks  (Read 5087 times)

Re: DeAndre Jordan reportedly interested in signing with Mavericks
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
How is it that free agents willingly love to play in Dallas, and yet Boston can never catch a break?

What's so special about Dallas?

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

They have an owner who is willing to overpay.  If you're a player who wants a max contract but doesn't deserve one, do you have a better chance of finding it in Dallas or Boston, assuming both teams have the cap space to give you one?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 06:11:48 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25

They have an owner who is willing to overpay.  If you're a player who wants a max contract but doesn't deserve one, do you have a better chance of finding it in Dallas or Boston, assuming both teams have the cap space to give you one?

plus decent weather and no state income tax.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Ty Lawson is also interested

. Ty Lawson says he’s better than Rajon Rondo and wishes he played in Dallas

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/ty-lawson-says-hes-better-than-rajon-rondo-and-wishes-he-played-in-   

Ty Lawson actually just said "true," but let's not start talking about facts or anything.

Naw look at that last comment, he said he was wayyyyy better..lol.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think the weather thing is starting to become overblown.

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

plus decent weather and no state income tax.

If someone is afraid of a little snow, the Celtics shouldn't want that coward.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
decent weather and no state income tax.

This hard to compete with folks especially with Taxuschusetts

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I believe the best information we can take from this is not that he's interested in Dallas, but he's interested in leaving the Clippers.

I still say, the selling point is to stroke the ego and tell him he is the face of the franchise, i.e., Larry, Paul, etc.  Let him know, the team will be built around him and see what he thinks.

Hey, you have to give it a shot, right?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 11:37:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Ty Lawson is also interested

. Ty Lawson says he’s better than Rajon Rondo and wishes he played in Dallas

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/ty-lawson-says-hes-better-than-rajon-rondo-and-wishes-he-played-in-   

Ty Lawson actually just said "true," but let's not start talking about facts or anything.

Naw look at that last comment, he said he was wayyyyy better..lol.

Clearly my reading comprehension sucks. Good catch.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I believe the best information we can take from this is not that he's interested in Dallas, but he's interested in leaving the Clippers.

I still say, the selling point is to stroke the ego and tell him he is the face of the franchise, i.e., Larry, Paul, etc.  Let him know, the team will be built around him and see what he thinks.

I wouldn't necessarily say it means he's interested in leaving the Clippers.  I think it means he's interested in a max contract more than he cares about location.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 07:25:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Interesting considering Dirk is nearing end of career. How is Ellis and Parsons more appealing than CP3 and Blake. Must be Cuban and Dallas that is the draw.

That's what I'm wondering. Is he from that area or something?

He is from Texas. Houston, I think. Went to high school in Houston.

Ah, makes a little more sense then. Why the hell can't more players be from the Boston area? lol

Trade for Nerlens Noel and bring Patrick Ewing out of retirement = banner 18.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 08:02:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I wouldn't necessarily say it means he's interested in leaving the Clippers.  I think it means he's interested in a max contract more than he cares about location.

Hopefully Danny is down to give him one, though if his hometown is willing to give him one, I'm guessing he'll prefer there.

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
I don't think DeAndre is the right player for this team/system. Obviously he is terrific and deserving of a max from the right team, but I don't see him as the best fit for how The Celtics space the floor. Yes, his defense is good (though not as great as Doc would tell you) but, gosh, seems like he would kill what this team is trying to do on offense.