Author Topic: Realistic Trade Prospects  (Read 1240 times)

Realistic Trade Prospects
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:01 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
As a fan base we need to open our eyes. We have 2 mid-to late first round picks in a not so deep draft. Our whole team consists of role players and Isaiah Thomas and our best starters when healthy are Avery Bradley and Jared Sullinger. Our best assets worth anything right now are Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Jared Sullinger, and any Brooklyn first rounder in the upcoming years.

Considering our best starter is injury prone and somewhat unhealthy I think our aim should be to add young quality starters in awkward situations or draft BPA to add quality players no matter position. Stevens has shown he can develop talent, but we just need to give him talent to work with. None of the current players we have has potential or even a good amount of talent.

These are all players I think that could give us young talent that could become available based on situation:

PF Kenneth Faried
PG Dennis Schroder
SF Otto Porter
C Steven Adams
C John Henson

I really like Dennis Schroder and believe that Atlanta will realize that this could become a Reggie Jackson situation because Teague is getting better and better.

Steven Adams becomes expendable if OKC believes they found the future with Kanter and Adams is a perfect fit for the Celtics.

Draft:

Depending on who drops I think these players will be within our range and we should look to draft in order:

16th:
SF Sam Dekker
PG Cameron Payne
SF Rodnae Hollis-Jefferson
SG Devin Booker
PF Bobby Portis

28th:
SG RJ Hunter
PF Chris McCollough
SF Timothy Luwawe
SG Rashad Vaughn
SG Michael Qualls

Re: Realistic Trade Prospects
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:04:57 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Faried would fit the spirt of the team but isn't a great PF for the system. Henson I can't see being available. Adams shouldn't be moved either but OKC can be trigger happy in trading guys.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:27:39 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Adams only becomes expendable if Kanter becomes even a net-neutral defender.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:22:09 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
Faried is nothing more than an energy guy and role player, we got enough of that already.
Wizards won't trade Porter he will back up Pierce till he is gone and then take over the starting SF spot.
And I rather see Atlanta trade Teague than Schröder.
That way they can upgrade their roster elsewhere or free money to resign their other free agents.
The gap between Schröder and Teague will become smaller and Schröder is still on his rookie contract, which makes him cost controlled and easier to keep via restricted free agency.

I can see Gallinari as a potential fit with the celtics.
good shooter, passer and scorer.

Maybe Harrison Barnes becomes available if GSW doesnt want to or cant pay him. (When they paid green)