Author Topic: Different ideas for the off-season.  (Read 3462 times)

Re: Different ideas for the off-season.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 01:44:46 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I really like the idea of acquiring Valacunias, an actual center and a huge upgrade over that stiff Zeller.

I would probably give up more than I suggested for JV. I think he would for perfectly with this group. But I certainly don't think Zeller is a stiff.

He's not a rim-protector, but he's a young, talented true 7 footer. he's just a different kind of player than JV or Adams. Lots of teams would love to have Zeller, he could be a key piece for us to move this summer. Hate to see him go, but I'd trade him in a second for a real defensive anchor at the 5.

Ajinca is a name I've heard talked about around here. I wouldn't mind having him either.

He may be 7 feet and young, but he's not talented (IMO). He's one dimensional and is a back up at best.

Not sure why you think lots of teams would love to have him.

Cause he's excellent on the P&R, fast and nimble for a 7 footer, has a fairly reliable mid-range shot, he's tough, is willing to play against stronger guys and go 100% (See:KO), and he's super efficient. Kid makes smart plays. Makes free throws at a good rate. And he's just what, 24? Still on a rookie deal. Room to grow into a role. And hell, we got him and IT for the Paul Pierce TPE.

I think he's expendable, because in the end he's just a solid back-up center. But Ainge didn't get the guys we have for no reason. They fit the team he wants to build. If a miracle happens and we get Cousins, having KO, Zeller and Sullinger/Similar FA or draft pick, is actually a really nice rotation. All the pieces make sense. And the back-court makes sense too, IT, AB and improved Smart make sense, they all compliment each other nicely. Crowder is a great bench guy. Just need the right guy at the 3 then.

Some people don't realize it, but the guys we have aren't just a collection of misfits. They're a very well put together, thought out collection of misfits. Some guys are more expendable (IE more replaceable) than others, but if we get the right guys at the 3 and 5 without giving up too much, this team as currently constituted has good role players who would thrive with those kinda guys.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 03:48:49 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm not a fan of any of these. Maybe the Stephenson thing.
Draft Turner, then Cliff, then Upshaw

I would like the idea of trading k for Bruno and etc

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
certainly put in a lot of time on these ideas but have to say I think you're overpaying in every deal.

the Philly deal for Noel and #3 is still an overpay IMHO but even then I can't see Philly trading that #3 pick that would fill their PG hole with either Russell or Mudiay while keeping Noel as a pairing with Embiid for next year.