Author Topic: DraftExpress' "Extended" Mock Draft  (Read 15261 times)

Re: DraftExpress' "Extended" Mock Draft
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Trade 16, 28 and 45 (plus whatever filler) to Denver for 7. Draft Winslow/Hezonja

Draft Upshaw at 33

I'd be SUPER HAPPY with Hezonja and Upshaw

Denver already made their schmorgesborg of picks and pieces trade when they shipped Melo to NYC. They have the same problem as we do too much depth not enough front end talent.

8, 9, 10, or 12 seem much more attainable since the talent droppoff becomes less severe and a team might rather have an established player and a pick than one lone rookie.

-As an aside DX has Upshaw going to Memphis which could be potentially a great fit for him since Memphis has managed to turn Zach Randolph into a apparent model citizen despite his ties to pot.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/26/zach-randolph-implicated-as-major-marijuana-supplier-in-indianapolis/

Haven't heard a peep about this story in years meaning that Z Bo and Memphis have done an excellent job seperating themselves from the incident. Coincidentally Upshaw might be the best fit in the draft to stick next to Randolph if Gasol bolts.-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:17:20 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Portis has narrow shoulders , got rocked by the kentucky trees. Martin outplayed him

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 01:37:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  I would not mind

Rhj
Martin
Harvey
Lalanne

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
This mock is a joke. Some guy gets paid to do this? Shameful.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Can you imagine how much better of a position this team would be in if we just waived Bass JJ Gigi  (maybe even crowder)after the trade deadline........
We would have the 9th pick at least and not worrying about trading one of our "core"(lol) to get ahead in the draft.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Can you imagine how much better of a position this team would be in if we just waived Bass JJ Gigi  (maybe even crowder)after the trade deadline........
We would have the 9th pick at least and not worrying about trading one of our "core"(lol) to get ahead in the draft.
oh boy, the 9th pick.  be still my beating heart   ::)

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think Portis is a quality pick because he is already a better defender at the age of 20 than KO or Sully are. He was often able to switch onto guards when opponents ran the pick and roll. I could see him playing with either KO or Sully.

Martin wouldn't be a bad late first with high upside because he's a good athlete.

Personally I would rather draft foreign players in the second to stash rather than two more americans. We can't have four rookies on our team next year.

I would prefer Trey Lyles over Portis. I also wouldn't mind trading up for Myles Turner. I think he will be an elite rim protector and could dominate in the Eastern Conference.

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft-extended.php

Our picks-

16. Bobby Portis

The Celtics need a true rim-protector, but that will be difficult to find at this stage of the draft. Instead, they may look to add some depth at the power forward spot, where they've been starting 30-year old Brandon Bass, who becomes a free agent this summer (as does his backup Jonas Jerebko). It's easy to understand why Boston's top-executive Danny Ainge doesn't sound overly optimistic about this year's draft, especially with recent withdrawals hurting the value of their pick.

28. Jarell Martin

With their second pick in the first round, the Celtics look to add depth. Martin is somewhat of a tweener, but he's extremely athletic and could develop into a solid contributor if he can improve the consistency of his jump-shot.

33. Chris McCullough

45. Jordan Mickey

Umm, is draftexpress supposed to be good at this, because in what universe would a quality shotblocker (I refuse to use the term rim protector) not exist past the 16th pick when Robert Upshaw would be available according to their own mock, lol ;D?

On the whole, their prediction is an absolutely atrocious draft for us, although I can sadly see such selections taking place, lol ;D. *facepalm* I honestly don't even know what to say about this mock, haha.  There's no way that Trey Lyles will still be available at 16, nor will Delon Wright slide to 30th, never mind Tyler Harvey being taken in the second round, but that's just my opinion.

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 09:33:32 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Portis has narrow shoulders , got rocked by the kentucky trees. Martin outplayed him

Yeah, Martin is a bad man!

Let's get him!!

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Our picks-

16. Bobby Portis

The Celtics need a true rim-protector, but that will be difficult to find at this stage of the draft. Instead, they may look to add some depth at the power forward spot, where they've been starting 30-year old Brandon Bass, who becomes a free agent this summer (as does his backup Jonas Jerebko). It's easy to understand why Boston's top-executive Danny Ainge doesn't sound overly optimistic about this year's draft, especially with recent withdrawals hurting the value of their pick.

28. Jarell Martin

With their second pick in the first round, the Celtics look to add depth. Martin is somewhat of a tweener, but he's extremely athletic and could develop into a solid contributor if he can improve the consistency of his jump-shot.

33. Chris McCullough

45. Jordan Mickey

Umm, is draftexpress supposed to be good at this, because in what universe would a quality shotblocker (I refuse to use the term rim protector) not exist past the 16th pick when Robert Upshaw would be available according to their own mock, lol ;D?

On the whole, their prediction is an absolutely atrocious draft for us, although I can sadly see such selections taking place, lol ;D. *facepalm* I honestly don't even know what to say about this mock, haha.  There's no way that Trey Lyles will still be available at 16, nor will Delon Wright slide to 30th, never mind Tyler Harvey being taken in the second round, but that's just my opinion.
Taking Upshaw at 16 would be a huge reach.  I don't see Lyles as a top 10 pick so being available at 16 isn't unreasonable.  I like Wright but he is already 23 years old so I think he's a late 1st pick.  I agree that the totality of the picks for us aren't very good. 

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Let's get him!!

several mocks have us taking Martin at 28. 

Imo we would be lucky to get Martin at 28. 

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Our picks-

16. Bobby Portis

28. Jarell Martin

33. Chris McCullough

45. Jordan Mickey

Taking Upshaw at 16 would be a huge reach.  I don't see Lyles as a top 10 pick so being available at 16 isn't unreasonable.  I like Wright but he is already 23 years old so I think he's a late 1st pick.  I agree that the totality of the picks for us aren't very good.

I know, but I'm not saying to take him there.  All I am saying is that draftexpress telling us that it'll be very difficult to find another shot blocker after our first pick is ridiculous when Upshaw is still out there, imo.  Being 23 shouldn't make teams hesitant to take Wright, btw, because at his size, once he can no longer stay with point guards you can make him a 2 and/or your third guard.  Being 23 as a rookie used to be normal.  Now, all upperclassmen are automatically seen as ancient, lol ;D. *facepalm* By that logic, it's a good thing that we didn't take Jimmy Butler, because he clearly was done growing as a player (sarcasm), lol ;D. Ugh.

Honestly, at 16, just like with every other pick, it's bpa, but we could potentially come away with Wright, Harvey, Upshaw, and whoever is left, haha ;D, and that's a hell of a haul, so to see draftexpress's prediction is pretty depressing, quite honestly.  Man, I really wish that we had those 8 second round picks this year, lol ;D.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:12:40 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Let's get him!!

several mocks have us taking Martin at 28. 

Imo we would be lucky to get Martin at 28.

I don't know much about the guy, other than the fact that he looks like another tweener ::), but you'd rather take him than Harvey?

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Upshaw is neither a Danny nor CBS kind of player.  I'm reading more about his weaknesses in addition his highlights (weakness) validates that he is a mediocre to poor post defender/inconsistent effort.  Gives up position, gets moved. Not physical , tough enough.   At times  is seen walking down the floor instead of consistently jogging

How do you get a guy like this motivated if he isn't already motivated from college? 

CBS wants guys like Smart, Crowder , Jerebko at the basics.  Hustle, iq, coachable at the min.  Then add the skills and talent

At some point I know we can't just have a team full of Crowder's but for now I don't see things changing (type of players brought into the system).

1st round prospects that "fit" under CBS system (example)

Lyles, Booker, Dekker, Grant, RHJ, Martin, RJ Hunter, Petteway, Wright, Dakari Johnson, Anderson, Harrell

I would be ok taking a chance at Upshaw in the 2nd round. But unless he will somehow prove during the interview/workouts that he is a changed man (outside and on the court) , I doubt Danny will pick him using any of our 1st

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Our picks-

16. Bobby Portis

28. Jarell Martin

33. Chris McCullough

45. Jordan Mickey

I know, but I'm not saying to take him there.  All I am saying is that draftexpress telling us that it'll be very difficult to find another shot blocker after our first pick is ridiculous when Upshaw is still out there, imo.  Being 23 shouldn't make teams hesitant to take Wright, btw, because at his size, once he can no longer stay with point guards you can make him a 2 and/or your third guard.  Being 23 as a rookie used to be normal.  Now, all upperclassmen are automatically seen as ancient, lol ;D. *facepalm* By that logic, it's a good thing that we didn't take Jimmy Butler, because he clearly was done growing as a player (sarcasm), lol ;D. Ugh.

It's not about being done growing as a player, it's about not having the same potential growth as a player compared to a player 2-3 years younger. Especially with the strides players usually make in terms of development from their late teens to their early 20's.