Author Topic: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs  (Read 21010 times)

Re: Kevin Love injury update: torn labrum
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I dont who i should feel bad for for Love or Olynyk.
One loses a single game check and is embarassed.

Another has a potentially career altering injury on the eve of free agency.

Its pretty easy to see who lost more.

Lost in what way?  Love is getting a max contract.  He is on the roster for the playoffs so he is getting paid.  In what way did Love lose other than perhaps having either a predisposition to having his shoulder come out of socket or having a preexisting injury that caused this minor contact to separate his shoulder?

I've seen people get slung down by their arms by linebackers (which KO is not) and not get their shoulders separated.  I've seen quarterbacks get hit and landed on by 300 pound men and they don't get a separated shoulder, not always anyways.  You mean to tell me that KO "Sunshine" can tug on a guys arm for less than 1 second and separate his shoulder?  Freak accident, like Kobe blowing out his Achilles just making a move.  KO was lucky he didn't bump into Kobe when it happened or people would be crying about how KO gave him a career altering injury.

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Lost in what way?
I guess KG didn't lose anything in 2008-2009 either.

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2015, 02:20:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

Lost in what way?  Love is getting a max contract.  He is on the roster for the playoffs so he is getting paid.  In what way did Love lose other than perhaps having either a predisposition to having his shoulder come out of socket or having a preexisting injury that caused this minor contact to separate his shoulder?

I've seen people get slung down by their arms by linebackers (which KO is not) and not get their shoulders separated.  I've seen quarterbacks get hit and landed on by 300 pound men and they don't get a separated shoulder, not always anyways.  You mean to tell me that KO "Sunshine" can tug on a guys arm for less than 1 second and separate his shoulder?  Freak accident, like Kobe blowing out his Achilles just making a move.  KO was lucky he didn't bump into Kobe when it happened or people would be crying about how KO gave him a career altering injury.

Say he opts in for next season.  Then misses 25 games due to lingering effects of the injury.  Then when actually does take the floor, he craps the bed and is clearly not the same player?

Anecdotes are cute but if the guy is getting surgery, all the anecdotes in the world don't mean squat.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Say he opts in for next season.  Then misses 25 games due to lingering effects of the injury.  Then when actually does take the floor, he craps the bed and is clearly not the same player?

Anecdotes are cute but if the guy is getting surgery, all the anecdotes in the world don't mean squat.

Wouldn't that be a 100% on him though? If he chose to, he could get a max offer for 4 years from a number of teams this offseason. If he elects to gamble, opt-in and it comes up snake eyes, that is because of his own failed risk assessment.

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Wouldn't that be a 100% on him though? If he chose to, he could get a max offer for 4 years from a number of teams this offseason. If he elects to gamble, opt-in and it comes up snake eyes, that is because of his own failed risk assessment.

Simply pointing out a scenario where it would hurt him.

I don't care either way.

Re: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is a shame he got hurt, now if the CAVs do not win they blame us most definitely.

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I hope they don't even make the finals. If this is the end of Love in Cleveland, that will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Ughh and today I became ray allen.

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think if the Cavs win without Love, Love will be more likely to leave, so I am rooting for them to win.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
i'm starting to really think the wiz may be the team to beat in the east. they are deep, they have 2 elite slashers, a great vet in pierce, 4 good big men, and the uber-athletic otto porter, who will give other SFs fits. they have high upside on both ends of the court.

not impressed with the bulls, though they could possibly turn it around. gasol, mirotic, and rose are all playing soft, i don't like their defense at all. rose isn't the stud scorer he used to be, either, and i don't see a ton of leadership from him, his body language isn't great.
noah is playing poorly, and generally seems to get exposed during the playoffs, as other teams match his intensity levels.
gibson seems to have lost a step.
IMO butler is going to have to play great for the bulls to go any deeper. and obviously the rest of the team needs to start to gel.

cavs have problems too, losing love for the season, and smith for 2 games should hurt their offense.
but their defense is the real long-term concern, i just don't like their defensive personnel outside of lebron, thompson, and mozgov. sooner or later they'll get exposed, just like last year's heat. the c's missed a ton of 3s in that series, and the c's also had trouble getting calls inside.
other teams will punish cleveland for those defensive mistakes.

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I think if the Cavs win without Love, Love will be more likely to leave, so I am rooting for them to win.

You want Love on the Lakers? That's where he'll go.

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline nopassbass

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Cleveland is a bunch of cry babies. If you ever read the Jordan rules they talk about Bill Cartwright being awkward. He made everyone angry during practice for the Bulls. He was unpredictable in his movements. Elbows could be anywhere. It is not uncommon for a 7 footer. That is Olynyk. Give time and he will be a solid player. Yeah it was a foul. Kevin Love is injury prone. Not the Celtics fault he is made out of glass. Before this I was hoping we could sign Love, but after this whining who needs him.

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yes, Love on the Lakers would be great for us.

First the West is highly competitive and it's not in our Conference.

Secondly, the Lakers with Love aren't going anywhere any time soon.

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Agree, specially if they sign Rondo  :-X

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Agreed.  Yes, its the Lakers (who we're all trained to hate) but, more importantly, it would diminish an Eastern Conference foe. 

Weighing the two (helping the Lakers or diminishing in conference opponents), I'll take the conference foe diminishment for now.  This isn't exactly 2008 with Gasol all over again.  Neither team would be in the position it was then.

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hope they don't even make the finals. If this is the end of Love in Cleveland, that will go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Ughh and today I became ray allen.

It's already looking bad enough, lol. ;D Deng ;) ;D, with Irving and Lebron they're more than good for now, and Wiggins could have teamed with Kyrie after James retires or leaves, haha. ;D Man, talk about a wasted opportunity.  They could have had a dynasty for close to a decade, with Lebron playing the role of David Robinson.  Isn't it great that that won't happen now, ahaha? ;D Screw them.

As for this injury, yeah, it's unfortunate, but man, karma's a ****, ain't it Lebron? ;) ;D Ahaha. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl5R0fsJdOU