Author Topic: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs  (Read 20998 times)

Re: Kevin Love injury update: torn labrum
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

God, what a year in the life of Kevin Love. Is he, ironically, the one guy on the team who could go down and the Cavs would NOT get all psyched out about winning it for?

Love the Wade post, by the way. It reminds me of that Amy Schumer roast joke-- somewhere Wade is watching TV after missing the playoffs and thinking "scary! That could have been me." and we're all thinking "grr! Why wasn't it?"

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 09:45:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Do you think Love is more or less likely to bail if the Cavs lose in Round 2?  I'll root for whatever helps the pipe dream of landing him in Boston.    If I didn't have a mild stake in the Kevin Love situation, I personally would have no problem rooting for a Cavs championship.  I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I have nothing but respect for LeBron and like seeing the greatest players in the world do their thing on the big stage.  It would be a really cool story.

Its a really complicated question. Is this shoulder injury something that could be a chronic issue for him? If he is told by doctors that it is, it suddenly makes a lot more sense for him to secure a long term contract this offseason rather than risk an ineffective or injury plagued year (or worse). Also, if they do not win the championship, or perhaps make it out of the second round that could really sour his views on returning. It is one thing to ask to give up your role if you are winning a championship for it, if the team is not doing that, than you are sacrificing for nothing. Obviously none of us can do more than speculate, but I would be hard pressed to believe this increases his chances of staying there.

Dude some of your logic is pretty crazy ::)!!! I mean there is being a fan and being a homer dude. If Cavs dont make it out the 2nd round how could that possible make him less likely to stay with Cavs??? You dont think he would be thinking "We would have absolutely beat the Bulls if I was playing"!! Afterall the only way Bulls beat the Cavs is through rebounding which just happen to be Kevin's biggest strength. Seriously dude I just dont understand your logic

Did you not see where I said all we can do is speculate? I get that you really have dug your heels in on Love staying in Cleveland and get upset when people say he may not. The injury is significant. We really don't know what he is thinking or what he would think if the Cavs were to get knocked out in the second round. Maybe he thinks what you are saying, maybe he thinks what I said. I definitely wouldn't call either logic "crazy."

I also don't get how this relates to me being a homer, or if you misusing that word. I am not a crazy big Kevin Love fan and don't really think this relates to the Celtics in any way. How is it being a homer to speculate whether a player on a different team may leave to go play for another team?

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 10:16:40 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Kevin Love is a seriously weak-minded player.  Guys like him and Hibbert should be avoided at all costs. 

Sorry to hear that he has a torn labrum, but in truth, he plays with fire all the time, except this time, he got burned.  The King of the NBA armbar was simply hoisted by own petard.  He is himself a very dirty player on occasion, which is yet another reason why he is generally disrespected here and on NBA boards everywhere.  I hope he opts out and goes to the Lakers.  It would be quite amusing to see Kobe and his contingent rip KL to shreds after the latest Lakers roster experiment fails. 

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Do you think Love is more or less likely to bail if the Cavs lose in Round 2?  I'll root for whatever helps the pipe dream of landing him in Boston.    If I didn't have a mild stake in the Kevin Love situation, I personally would have no problem rooting for a Cavs championship.  I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I have nothing but respect for LeBron and like seeing the greatest players in the world do their thing on the big stage.  It would be a really cool story.

Its a really complicated question. Is this shoulder injury something that could be a chronic issue for him? If he is told by doctors that it is, it suddenly makes a lot more sense for him to secure a long term contract this offseason rather than risk an ineffective or injury plagued year (or worse). Also, if they do not win the championship, or perhaps make it out of the second round that could really sour his views on returning. It is one thing to ask to give up your role if you are winning a championship for it, if the team is not doing that, than you are sacrificing for nothing. Obviously none of us can do more than speculate, but I would be hard pressed to believe this increases his chances of staying there.

Dude some of your logic is pretty crazy ::)!!! I mean there is being a fan and being a homer dude. If Cavs dont make it out the 2nd round how could that possible make him less likely to stay with Cavs??? You dont think he would be thinking "We would have absolutely beat the Bulls if I was playing"!! Afterall the only way Bulls beat the Cavs is through rebounding which just happen to be Kevin's biggest strength. Seriously dude I just dont understand your logic

Did you not see where I said all we can do is speculate? I get that you really have dug your heels in on Love staying in Cleveland and get upset when people say he may not. The injury is significant. We really don't know what he is thinking or what he would think if the Cavs were to get knocked out in the second round. Maybe he thinks what you are saying, maybe he thinks what I said. I definitely wouldn't call either logic "crazy."

Yh sorry but Kevin Love leaving would not upset me one iota. I am a hoops fan in general and all I wanna see is good bball. Just that as I previously that some of the reasons ppl cook up for him leaving are just downright laughable.

I mean according to your logic, Klove would be thinking "Look at these bums, with me they are a legit title contender. without me, they cant even get pass the 2nd round. I mean yeah they will lose to the Bulls due to rebounding which is my biggest strength but still they dont deserve me. I   say Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. them!!!I am going to a much less talented team where I get to put of stats and have zero chance at a Title. I mean I put up stats for 6 yrs of my career and went nowhere but [dang]it i miss my stats. By the way I will take less guaranteed contract yrs and less money. But its all good, I want my stats" ::)

Like seriously none of that even remotely makes any sense

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Kevin Love is a seriously weak-minded player.  Guys like him and Hibbert should be avoided at all costs. 

Sorry to hear that he has a torn labrum, but in truth, he plays with fire all the time, except this time, he got burned.  The King of the NBA armbar was simply hoisted by own petard.  He is himself a very dirty player on occasion, which is yet another reason why he is generally disrespected here and on NBA boards everywhere.  I hope he opts out and goes to the Lakers.  It would be quite amusing to see Kobe and his contingent rip KL to shreds after the latest Lakers roster experiment fails.

How is Hibbert a weak-minded player?  He has his faults, sure, but weak-minded?  If you're talking about his atrocious performance in the 2014 playoffs, I think that that was largely to do with rumors of PG sleeping with his girlfriend, iirc, as well as all of the other turmoil on that team.  I mean, something must have been wrong, especially after the way he played in the previous postseasons.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:18 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Get better Kevin Love!
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 11:41:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

How is Hibbert a weak-minded player?  He has his faults, sure, but weak-minded?  If you're talking about his atrocious performance in the 2014 playoffs, I think that that was largely to do with rumors of PG sleeping with his girlfriend, iirc, as well as all of the other turmoil on that team.  I mean, something must have been wrong, especially after the way he played in the previous postseasons.
I think that's what he's getting at.
It's a tough situation to be in with the rumors and pressure of a playoff series but mentally tough players fight through that. Weak ones collapse.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 11:47:56 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
The guy is a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers who cares. His injury status for the remainder of the playoffs is of no relevance to the Boston Celtics

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 11:51:52 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
The guy is a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers who cares. His injury status for the remainder of the playoffs is of no relevance to the Boston Celtics

This is the around the nba thread and this is big news.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 11:54:18 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Love is about the only guy I can stand in Cleveland. Feel bad for him but this pulling the arms happens all the time.

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2015, 12:04:02 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum

There are plenty of other NBA injuries to starters on playoff teams that got little or no coverage, yes he got injured playing against the Celts.Other than that I don't know what the fascination is with Kevin Love.

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 12:22:21 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

There are plenty of other NBA injuries to starters on playoff teams that got little or no coverage, yes he got injured playing against the Celts.Other than that I don't know what the fascination is with Kevin Love.

Because he is an all star on a top team that got hurt during a playoff game and will be out an entire series. So obviously it is a big deal.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 12:49:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Hibbert clearly gets into his own head offensively and lets it effect his overall game from what I've seen. Not a confident player, especially on that end.

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 12:50:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sucks for a player to be injured that severely in the playoffs.

Feel bad for Memphis and Love, though not Cleveland just because I'm rooting against them.

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 01:22:49 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum

Because he is an all star on a top team that got hurt during a playoff game and will be out an entire series. So obviously it is a big deal.
I don't recall Love playing in the all star game this season ;)
Sucks for him that he will be out awhile.