Author Topic: Kevin Love torn labrum; "highly unlikely" to return for playoffs  (Read 20999 times)

Re: Kevin Love injury update: torn labrum
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 06:57:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Well, as much as I can't stand CLE, I expect Lebron and Kyrie to step up.

If Lebron has any "Superman" in him (and he does), I still expect CLE to be a tough out.

CHI had better NOT sleep on this.

This would be like their Celtics 2009 run. They lost their Garnett (minus the mentality becuz Love doesn't have any) in terms of physical plays.

7-game series? Probably. Chicago sweep? Hopefully so!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Guess Kevin's Dad's sources were spot on.

You make me sick Boston. You were outclassed all series so you resorted to bush league tactics and got one of our stars injured...

In turn, JR had to lay out one of your players and that may cost him a game, but it was worth it in the eyes of every Cavaliers fan.

You know what else? I have a few inside sources inside the Cavaliers and Kevin's injury isn't as serious as it looked. He may be ready for Game 1 against the Bulls. You heard that here first. It will be announced tomorrow.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 07:02:13 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
well anyone that thought k love was a wimp should rethink it
a dislocation is pretty bad pain, what he has is much worse
i like his game so hope he can return to his form, i also dislike lebron and his whining so i hope he loses!

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm guessing Love needs surgery to repair his labrum.  It's possible that he may be able to play through it, but there's also the risk of additional injury if he plays. 

Love is no Derrick Rose.  I think he'll want to play if it is possible, but he will probably also listen to the doctors if they tell him not to.  I'm guessing that the first step is to see how long it takes for the pain from the bone bruise to subside enough to where he could handle playing if cleared by doctors.

Or it could be a smokescreen where they know he's out and will need surgery, but they want to keep opponents in the dark about his potential to return.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Do you think Love is more or less likely to bail if the Cavs lose in Round 2?  I'll root for whatever helps the pipe dream of landing him in Boston.    If I didn't have a mild stake in the Kevin Love situation, I personally would have no problem rooting for a Cavs championship.  I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I have nothing but respect for LeBron and like seeing the greatest players in the world do their thing on the big stage.  It would be a really cool story. 

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Does it mean the Cavs have now an excuse when they will lose against Chicago?
Love was always going to be their excuse healthy or not.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:29:13 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
my post really got deleted? c'mon?

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Does it mean the Cavs have now an excuse when they will lose against Chicago?
Love was always going to be there excuse healthy or not.

word!

they were building it up all season telling us Love doesn't fit in and even went so far as to say they're better with him not on the floor.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Do you think Love is more or less likely to bail if the Cavs lose in Round 2?  I'll root for whatever helps the pipe dream of landing him in Boston.    If I didn't have a mild stake in the Kevin Love situation, I personally would have no problem rooting for a Cavs championship.  I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I have nothing but respect for LeBron and like seeing the greatest players in the world do their thing on the big stage.  It would be a really cool story.

Its a really complicated question. Is this shoulder injury something that could be a chronic issue for him? If he is told by doctors that it is, it suddenly makes a lot more sense for him to secure a long term contract this offseason rather than risk an ineffective or injury plagued year (or worse). Also, if they do not win the championship, or perhaps make it out of the second round that could really sour his views on returning. It is one thing to ask to give up your role if you are winning a championship for it, if the team is not doing that, than you are sacrificing for nothing. Obviously none of us can do more than speculate, but I would be hard pressed to believe this increases his chances of staying there.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 08:43:36 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Its a really complicated question. Is this shoulder injury something that could be a chronic issue for him? If he is told by doctors that it is, it suddenly makes a lot more sense for him to secure a long term contract this offseason rather than risk an ineffective or injury plagued year (or worse). Also, if they do not win the championship, or perhaps make it out of the second round that could really sour his views on returning. It is one thing to ask to give up your role if you are winning a championship for it, if the team is not doing that, than you are sacrificing for nothing. Obviously none of us can do more than speculate, but I would be hard pressed to believe this increases his chances of staying there.

Dude some of your logic is pretty crazy ::)!!! I mean there is being a fan and being a homer dude. If Cavs dont make it out the 2nd round how could that possible make him less likely to stay with Cavs??? You dont think he would be thinking "We would have absolutely beat the Bulls if I was playing"!! Afterall the only way Bulls beat the Cavs is through rebounding which just happen to be Kevin's biggest strength. Seriously dude I just dont understand your logic

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Man, I don't know. I've been racking my brain thinking about that, too. I almost think it would make him want to stay more, because he could see himself as the "missing piece" of the series. However, if they go off and start playing well without him, he might not like that.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Oh, wow. So he is done then. Terrible news for Cleveland.

Good news for me . . . Can't stomach to watch Lequeen and his entourage; A bunch of entitled snivlling group of fake tough guys; If I were Olynyk, I'd enrol in judo or jiujitsu this offseason; And execute a proper armbar or kimura on Love once again; ;D
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Oh, wow. So he is done then. Terrible news for Cleveland.

Good news for me . . . Can't stomach to watch Lequeen and his entourage; A bunch of entitled snivlling group of fake tough guys; If I were Olynyk, I'd enrol in judo or jiujitsu this offseason; And execute a proper armbar or kimura on Love once again; ;D
LOL maybe KO will be so scared of getting murdered everytime we play Cleveland he will toughen up and add a ton of muscle so no one messes with him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
In Love's defense, he's WAY tougher than this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ZZbJzeKUA

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 09:07:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Guess who I won't be crying any tears for?

Also, the Cavs can hardly go into a series against the motherflippin' Chicago Bulls and complain about injuries potentially derailing their run.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain