Author Topic: Basketball Insiders rumors: Trading Wallace, Dallas interested in Crowder, etc.  (Read 9914 times)

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Dallas could take their revenge on the Rondo trade and offer Crowder 5-6 million a season.

Revenge for what, exactly? At the time everyone was angry because we got fleeced by Dallas. I also remember reading that the Mavs GM thanked Danny for a clean gentlemen deal at Rondo's return game in the Garden. Am I naive to think that the Mavs going after Crowder now would reflect badly on that franchise as a partner for future trades?

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Doesn't a team have to wait a full calendar year before being able to sign a player they traded?
So doesn't Dallas have to wait till January to try to sign Crowder?

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Not if his contract expires.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Doesn't a team have to wait a full calendar year before being able to sign a player they traded?
So doesn't Dallas have to wait till January to try to sign Crowder?

Can't reacquire a guy on the same contract for a calendar year.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
i dont think dallas want crowder really bad

They may want to spite us after Rondo.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How much of a concern should we have about Crowders acl??  Not sure the severity of the injury but remember what happened to Rondo after he cameback. He was never the same

This is tough for the Celts bc Crowder played hard and got injured by a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again., and now the team needs to evaluate his injury to determine if he is worth to bring back.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
How much of a concern should we have about Crowders acl??  Not sure the severity of the injury but remember what happened to Rondo after he cameback. He was never the same

This is tough for the Celts bc Crowder played hard and got injured by a ****, and now the team needs to evaluate his injury to determine if he is worth to bring back.

You're comparing apples to oranges. He doesn't even need surgery.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

This is tough for the Celts bc Crowder played hard and got injured by a ****, and now the team needs to evaluate his injury to determine if he is worth to bring back.
Honestly the injury makes me feel terrible for Jae because he fought his heart out all year for us, but from a Celtics perspective I think it could lower the price on Jae a little bit. So long as nothings torn I think Jae will be back to 100% well before the season starts next year and if this injury can scare a team or two away from throwing in a bid then I think it could save us a million or two.

Thats a cold-ass way to look at it tho.

I love everything about this guy. I think he can be a big part of our team moving forward.

It summed him up to see him being carried off the court still going at it. Fire never dies in guys like Crowder.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

Honestly the injury makes me feel terrible for Jae because he fought his heart out all year for us, but from a Celtics perspective I think it could lower the price on Jae a little bit. So long as nothings torn I think Jae will be back to 100% well before the season starts next year and if this injury can scare a team or two away from throwing in a bid then I think it could save us a million or two.

Thats a cold-ass way to look at it tho.

I love everything about this guy. I think he can be a big part of our team moving forward.

It summed him up to see him being carried off the court still going at it. Fire never dies in guys like Crowder.

TP the last two lines gave me chills. I love Crowder

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Dallas could take their revenge on the Rondo trade and offer Crowder 5-6 million a season.

Dallas is about to expire everyone except for Nowitzki and Parsons. They will have much bigger things than skirmishing over Crowder to worry about unless we are in direct competition for a major player and their move is to try to bluff down our cap space.

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
The 45 mill figure should include datome and crowder qo, plus min salarly slots for pressley and babb

The key to the offseason to come to an agreement with jae but delay signing him, that way his cap hold stays at a ~million untill they are done signing fa's.

By my calucations we should have around 23 million dollars of cap space if we don't strech wallace , around 29 if we do and around 33 if we trade him with a pick,

The extra cap space by trading wallace is hardly worth more than the 28th pick

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We will give Crowder the qualifying offer which is only 1.1m.
If another team signs him then they will have to make a significant offer because we have the right to match.

I'd love to keep Crowder, but there is a limit to what I'd pay to keep him.  He's a great energy guy and defender, but he's not a starting 5 guy.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think CBS and the young team NEED. Crowder .

He is team first glue guy with the correct attitude .

He is type of guy that sets example of how to play the game correct, the younger rookies need to see it and admire it.

He is poster child for Celtics basketball......tuff and hard working , no non sense .....all,about the game and winning.

Crowder also show more leader tendency that Bass .

There are better skilled players ..yes....many don't have their heads screwed on as tight .

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The 45 mill figure should include datome and crowder qo, plus min salarly slots for pressley and babb
I'd be shocked if Pressey and Babb combine for one minimum salary slot next season, so there's that...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think Babb was brought up to trade him later this summer.   He is not a priority to keep, I don't get the fascination.