Author Topic: keep the grit and balls  (Read 3360 times)

keep the grit and balls
« on: April 27, 2015, 05:22:53 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
AB, Smart, Crowder, Sully

Those are the toughest and most competitive guys on this team. You aren't going to get much value in a trade for any of them ,unless you attach multiple draft picks,  but they bring an edge and determination to most games . If Sully actually puts in the work this summer , he could be a very good piece next year (especially in a contract year )

Bradley should be moved to the bench by picking up a legit PG or SG .

Of course all could be easily moved in the right deal, but I am talking about if we are making steady/ slow progress .

Re: keep the grit and balls
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:31:33 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yes.  Crowder is tough.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I like the guys you mentioned.

Must keep:  Smart and hopefully we can sign Crowder

I like AB, but I think MSmart will/should be taking AB's minutes soon.  I hope AB is ok with that.

If you asked me before the playoffs, I would have said keep KO and trade Sully.  Not any more.  They are both frustrating to watch for different reasons, but I think Sully is the one you want in battle.

....you see, it was good to make the playoffs so that we can value who's a gamer and who's not...... ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm fine with the first three.  Sullinger is expendable in my eyes.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am not convinced there is a future for Bradley and Smart on the same team.

Not enough offense.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 06:49:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like the guys you mentioned.

Must keep:  Smart and hopefully we can sign Crowder

I like AB, but I think MSmart will/should be taking AB's minutes soon.  I hope AB is ok with that.

If you asked me before the playoffs, I would have said keep KO and trade Sully.  Not any more.  They are both frustrating to watch for different reasons, but I think Sully is the one you want in battle.

....you see, it was good to make the playoffs so that we can value who's a gamer and who's not...... ;D

I agree with your KO/Sully assessment and was thinking on creating yet another thread on how people are feeling now. I truly believe KO has more tools to be the better player - his ability to shoot, pass, and drive as a seven footer makes him one of the more unique players in this league; however, he also needs to learn to play like a big man - and this is what will really make or break him as a player.

Sully, on the other hand, is coming back from his injury as out of shape as ever, but he was still able to box out the Cleveland bigs and also maintain his soft touch around the rim. I don't mind him shooting once or twice a game from three, but he needs to bully people around inside. I do believe he has the attitude we are looking for in our young nucleus. I (like so many others) wish he could just devote more to a healthy eating lifestyle. It would do everything for him.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We need Smart and Crowder . ....they ate tuff guys....the team is too FAT and Soft ......Sully + KO ......

We don't have an enforcer .....a big man that don't back down

We need Cousins

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:29:12 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
We need Smart and Crowder . ....they ate tuff guys....the team is too FAT and Soft ......Sully + KO ......

We don't have an enforcer .....a big man that don't back down

We need Cousins
I dont think Sully is soft. He relishes playing against the best bigs in the league and when Brad gave him time he played terrifically. Keep in mind he was battling a tough tailbone injury.

This game was what Kyrie called the most physical game hes ever played in and Jared Sullinger was one of our best and most important players.

Smart Crowder and Sully are tough players. Sully's a fatass but when he is on the court he is the kind of guy you want. None of them are afraid of the moment. Same with IT4 even if he had a bad series he had the right mentality all through the series.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Sullinger is likely short lived for the NBA.  He's already breaking his feet and his back is just about gone.  The only way he'll last is if he is very very lucky or loses 40 pounds.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 04:54:53 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I am sold on only keeping one of AB or Smart, I like what Sullinger did V Cavs and believe, if fit, he can be an important piece. Keep IT, beyond that I am happy for almost any deal that improves the team.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:04 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'd like to see Sully reach his potential.  He's not a guy that I see as particularly tough, though.  If anything, he's shown himself to be mentally weak, with the weight issues and being late for practice, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25

I'd like to see Sully reach his potential.  He's not a guy that I see as particularly tough, though.  If anything, he's shown himself to be mentally weak, with the weight issues and being late for practice, etc.

Mental toughness can be trained, developed or reached when a person decides that a change in their life needs to be made. If Sully has reached a point where he realizes how he needs to treat his body, and makes that a focus in his life, he can develop the mental fortitude to reach his potential.

I feel that one of the biggest elements of mental toughness is being critical of yourself, taking responsibility for your actions, and trying to learn from your mistakes. If Sully can change how he thinks, if enough has happened to force that change, I feel like he could be one of those talented grit guys.

I guess we'll find out, huh?
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I still think his best value to the Celtics will eventually be as a trade chip as part of a larger package. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
AB, Smart, Crowder, Sully

Those are the toughest and most competitive guys on this team. You aren't going to get much value in a trade for any of them ,unless you attach multiple draft picks,  but they bring an edge and determination to most games . If Sully actually puts in the work this summer , he could be a very good piece next year (especially in a contract year )

Bradley should be moved to the bench by picking up a legit PG or SG .

Of course all could be easily moved in the right deal, but I am talking about if we are making steady/ slow progress .
We have been saying that since he(Sullinger) was drafted...those extra pounds are not going away IMO.
I also hope we can keep Jae at a decent cost, i am sure other teams have paid attention to his game. he will get multiple offers. 

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jerebko was one of our scrappier players this year.   Late in the season, he showed more grit than some of the guys on the list.