Author Topic: Draymond Green and Boogie Cousins  (Read 4449 times)

Re: Draymond Green and Boogie Cousins
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:31 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
And this is why we need to start looking at Harrison Barnes.  Things could happen to get some money off their books and steal Barnes in the process....

TP...Barnes is the exact type of player that is worth going after and a situation in which a team may be forced to part with him.  Barnes would be on an upward trajectory as far as numbers, but with the continued emergence of Curry and Thompson, he has stayed about the same the past three years, which is still impressive by how much usage the other two get.  In many ways, the warriors are in the same situation the Thunder were in a few years ago with Barnes playing the role of Harden, Green playing the role of Ibaka, and Lee's salary playing the role of Perk's salary mucking up the teams ability to sign all their players.  Not saying Barnes will be James Harden good, but it would be the same type of opportunistic move that Houston made.

Warriors are in a situation where they must pay Green now, and will not be able to pay Barnes the following year so perhaps he can be had.  I think he can play either the two or the three but I would honestly love to see him play at the 2 if he can improve his handle and let Crowder continue to develop at the 3.  Yes, this means I am pinching AB out of the 3 guard rotation, which I hate to do, but something has to give.

I say throw big money at Green and drive up the price, warriors will match, and then go after Barnes via trade.

And then get Boogie or Aldridge via trade or free agency signing, respectively.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:24:44 PM by quidinqui33 »

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I still can't believe went in the 2nd round.
Danny could of drafted Green instead of Fab Melo

Can't we say this about a lot of teams and almost every draft.  You use the tools provided, I.e., scouts, film, etc., and can still miss.  Many in this board want Kris Middleton. Well, he was drafted after Green.  People also want to re-sign Crowder, taken the pick before Green.  All three are having better careers than Meyers Leonard who went 11th that same year.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think there's great potential for a Harden-like move to acquire Barnes. The kid has a lot of potential and it's a great situation for DA to step into and work his magic.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I think the Knicks are going to go after Cousins on draft night. 

Scenerio: Knicks trade #1 (Towns) , Calderon, Sved, Tim Hardaway Jr. for Cousins

Kings trade #6, Collison, Gay to Denver for Ty Lawson, Chandler , 2nd round pick

Nuggets select with #6 WCS, #7 Stanley Johnson

Knicks lineup
C- Cousins
PF - ?
SF - Anthony
SG - ?
PG - ?

Kings lineup
C  - Towns
PF - ?
SF - Chandler/Hardaway Jr.
SF - Mclemore/Stauskus
PG - Lawson/Calderon

Denver lineup
C- WCS/Nurkic
PF - Faried
SF - Johnson
SG - Gay
PG - Harris

Trades are not even close for Sacramento

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I luv me some Boogie Cousins

Sign him up !

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 08:14:37 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
And this is why we need to start looking at Harrison Barnes.  Things could happen to get some money off their books and steal Barnes in the process....

I like Barnes, and if possible we should take a good look at him. He's a talented kid, still young and with untapped potential. Could be the kinda guy we need.

Celtics trade 2016 MIA 2nd to GS for Barnes and Lee in a salary dump.

Then Celtics trade one of Olynyk/Sullinger, #16 and the better of the 2016 DAL/MEM 2nds to DET for #8. Select Cauley-Stein. Resign Crowder.

Smart/Thomas
Bradley/Young
Barnes/Crowder/Young
Sullinger or KO/Lee
WCS/Zeller.

I think that team has a legit shot at 45-50 wins with Stevens at the helm, the assets are still there and there is plenty of room to grow. And more to the point, it's realistic. People should be more optimistic of how many different moves DA can make here this summer and Barnes is one we should look at.

This is along my line of thinking.  It's Danny's plan C probably, but Plan A and B are going to be long shots.  The Cap space and TPE Danny has gives him incredible flexibility to "help" a team that needs cap help.  Golden State is a trade partner candidate for Danny... 

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
  We aren't getting either. Jordan Mickey could be the Desmond Green of this draft. A 6 "8" elite defender that can also block shots. I would take him with the Philly pick. Ainge needs to get very create this offseason, we don't have the ammo to trade for a star player outright.

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Scenerio: Knicks trade #1 (Towns) , Calderon, Sved, Tim Hardaway Jr. for Cousins

Kings trade #6, Collison, Gay to Denver for Ty Lawson, Chandler , 2nd round pick

Knicks lineup
C- Cousins
PF - ?
SF - Anthony
SG - ?
PG - ?

Kings lineup
C  - Towns
PF - ?
SF - Mclemore/Stauskus
PG - Lawson/Calderon

Denver lineup
C- WCS/Nurkic
PF - Faried
SF - Johnson
SG - Gay
PG - Harris

why not? They sure look like a much better team after these trade ideas

Cousins might be better than Towns but in a year or two will be just as good, with a better attitude.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Knicks lineup
C- Cousins
PF - ?
SF - Anthony
SG - ?
PG - ?

Kings lineup
C  - Towns
PF - ?
SF - Mclemore/Stauskus
PG - Lawson/Calderon

Denver lineup
C- WCS/Nurkic
PF - Faried
SF - Johnson
SG - Gay
PG - Harris

Cousins might be better than Towns but in a year or two will be just as good, with a better attitude.
Kings get robbed in both deals

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

TP...Barnes is the exact type of player that is worth going after and a situation in which a team may be forced to part with him.  Barnes would be on an upward trajectory as far as numbers, but with the continued emergence of Curry and Thompson, he has stayed about the same the past three years, which is still impressive by how much usage the other two get.  In many ways, the warriors are in the same situation the Thunder were in a few years ago with Barnes playing the role of Harden, Green playing the role of Ibaka, and Lee's salary playing the role of Perk's salary mucking up the teams ability to sign all their players.  Not saying Barnes will be James Harden good, but it would be the same type of opportunistic move that Houston made.

Warriors are in a situation where they must pay Green now, and will not be able to pay Barnes the following year so perhaps he can be had.  I think he can play either the two or the three but I would honestly love to see him play at the 2 if he can improve his handle and let Crowder continue to develop at the 3.  Yes, this means I am pinching AB out of the 3 guard rotation, which I hate to do, but something has to give.

I say throw big money at Green and drive up the price, warriors will match, and then go after Barnes via trade.

And then get Boogie or Aldridge via trade or free agency signing, respectively.

Warriors are going to have to deal one of the two and I agree that there is a Thomas-like situation in GS where Barnes can be had for not very much, probably for free if we take on Lee. This is exactly the kind of move Ainge likes - value value value.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Harden comparisons are not apt, because there is no Harden level player available.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Knicks lineup
C- Cousins
PF - ?
SF - Anthony
SG - ?
PG - ?

Kings lineup
C  - Towns
PF - ?
SF - Mclemore/Stauskus
PG - Lawson/Calderon

Denver lineup
C- WCS/Nurkic
PF - Faried
SF - Johnson
SG - Gay
PG - Harris

Lawson is worth a #6 pick. He is under a pretty nice value contract for 3-4 more seasons.  Karl knows Lawson.

If the Kings want a quick turnaround,  and Karl would rather have Towns, these would be good trades imo.  The team is different and maybe not as skilled but the system would function better

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 10:35:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Knicks lineup
C- Cousins
PF - ?
SF - Anthony
SG - ?
PG - ?

Kings lineup
C  - Towns
PF - ?
SF - Mclemore/Stauskus
PG - Lawson/Calderon

Denver lineup
C- WCS/Nurkic
PF - Faried
SF - Johnson
SG - Gay
PG - Harris

I basically agree

Cousins isnt really a maturity issue anymore and even if he is, Towns is far from garunteed to ever even be in the same ballpark as Cousins. Cousins is Towns ceiling. That makes the Knicks trade slanted in the Knicks favor, but I dont think its that wild. I wouldnt call it a robbery so much  as a trade which favors the Knicks.

The second one baffles me. Lawson is a good point gaurd and Karl likes him but hes not a game-changer. With Denver being terrible I think Lawson could be had with 16 and 28. Lawson for 6 straight up is an overpay on its own. Then also factor in the Sac likes Gay a lot they just signed him to a reasonable extension. Also they could do way better than a #2 and Wilson Chandler for him.

Only way Sac Town does that trade is if they get Denver to eat a couple of their grosser contracts. Of which they have 1 or 2.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The Harden comparisons are not apt, because there is no Harden level player available.
Its not that he is a Harden-level player so much as that he is a player who could be had for less than his value because a) he is being underutilized in his current situation because 2 of the best scorers in the NBA are on his team and b) because his team knows they probably cant pay him

No one is suggesting Harison Barnes is going to leave GSW and become an MVP candidate but I think he could  become a high-level starter or a fringe all-star and he can be had for less than his talent would typically cost.

A bit of a non-sequitor but does he remind anyone else of Jeff Green.

I think this offseason we should trade for T Ross, Harrison Barnes, and then get Oubre in the draft. Then resign Jeff Green so we can have 3 mini Jeff Greens learning from big Jeff Green.

^^^not a serious suggestion
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think there's great potential for a Harden-like move to acquire Barnes. The kid has a lot of potential and it's a great situation for DA to step into and work his magic.

I'm all aboard for stealing Barnes as long as we're only giving up things we can afford to give up.  Wonder what he would cost us to acquire him?