Author Topic: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"  (Read 7996 times)

Re: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Did you watch Perkins play for the C's?

I recall him doing the exactly same thing to Deron after Deron cheap shotted Rondo. Same for KG, same for Pierce, etc, etc.

This.

This has always been a major part of Perk's game.  It's something you hate when it's on another team but appreciate when it's on yours.

Yup......he did just what Blatt the Bratt wanted.  Ruff up Jae .

That's why I hate Hansbough , but would love him on the Celtics ....to do these very same tuff acts

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I for one love him a little less.  Doesn't he realize hey were booing him at that point.

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I still love Perk.  I miss his toughness.  I'd absolute be supporting and defending him if he did that if he still played for the Celts, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite because he got traded away.

Really?  Wow.

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Perkins in now the henchman for the player who thought nothing of what Wade did to his good friend Rondo.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
I think Blatt asked Perk to do what he did in retaliation for what Olynyk did to Love.

If there were video/audio evidence of that, then I'm sure the NBA would take appropriate action against their coach.

I wish there was someone courtside who had a smartphone with big ears on it.

:)

Rak

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 09:22:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think Blatt asked Perk to do what he did in retaliation for what Olynyk did to Love.

If there were video/audio evidence of that, then I'm sure the NBA would take appropriate action against their coach.

Rak
Im sure it was unspoken. Theres a great espn documentary about an enforcer on the Bruins from way back when ( I cant remember his name) and he said that someone on his team would get clocked and the coach would just make eyecontact with him and he knew it was go-time.

edit: John Wensink. Guy was a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-85qLSvztnQ
if youve never seen it watch it to the end and if you dont like hockey fights skip to about the minute mark. The first minute is just him beating the bejeezus out of a poor guy on the other team.

Heres the 30 for 30 if anyones interested. Say what you will about ESPN their 30 for 30 stuff is brilliant.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/17442/30-for-30-short-on-former-bruins-enforcer-john-wensink
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Rak
Im sure it was unspoken. Theres a great espn documentary about an enforcer on the Bruins from way back when ( I cant remember his name) and he said that someone on his team would get clocked and the coach would just make eyecontact with him and he knew it was go-time.

edit: John Wensink. Guy was a badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-85qLSvztnQ
if youve never seen it watch it to the end and if you dont like hockey fights skip to about the minute mark. The first minute is just him beating the bejeezus out of a poor guy on the other team.

Heres the 30 for 30 if anyones interested. Say what you will about ESPN their 30 for 30 stuff is brilliant.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/17442/30-for-30-short-on-former-bruins-enforcer-john-wensink

How interesting that the guy made famous for being an enforcer neither enjoys nor encourages such behavior.  That's why I like Olympic Hockey, because it's not boxing on ice. 

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I will boo perk for the rest of his career. He is dead to me.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I will boo perk for the rest of his career. He is dead to me.
How did you feel about Perk before the incident?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Celtics had a need for player with Perk's skill set, who would refuse to consider signing him as an option because of this one play?

(It's a completely different question as to whether the Celtics would ever have a need for someone with his ever-diminishing skill set.)
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
If players feel good about ego fighting and fans are looking for this kind of behavior, then I was delusional to think I was watching a basketball game. Players don't have protections on their body and intentional bad contacts are considered as foul.
For those who like contact sports and ego respond there are plenty other sports to look for, way more entertaining.
As for me, I'm watching a game where players used their brain and will power to make the difference.
I never thought I would dislike a team more than Miami. Lebron is a virus and a contagious one.
Congrats to the nba for setting such example to the kids.

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:53 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Not a fan of the ego he displayed in that quote. "They still love me" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds to me like he's saying doesn't matter what I do. I've got these fans wrapped around my finger.

I'm appreciative of what Perk brought to the Celts but never was a huge fan of his. Once he was traded I basically forgot he existed.

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If the Celtics had a need for player with Perk's skill set,

What skillset is that exactly, he is not the same player as he used to be.   He was a decent rim protector and an enforcer.   His rebounding has always been a little on the weakness and his offensive skills have always been weak.  Cleveland uses him as an afterthought. They used him as a hatchet man.

I do not see us making a play for him, ever.  Ainge is not sentimental by any means.  This play makes it less likely.

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Not a fan of the ego he displayed in that quote. "They still love me" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds to me like he's saying doesn't matter what I do. I've got these fans wrapped around my finger.

I'm appreciative of what Perk brought to the Celts but never was a huge fan of his. Once he was traded I basically forgot he existed.

I agree.

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
From all of stories I have heard about Perk he is one of the realist guys in the league.Still remember a game against the Pistons from the Eastern Finals in 2008 , the guy was actually made a  fadaway jumper, he was really feeling it, now days his team mates have a semi party when he scores in garbage time.
I would love the guy even more if that Jeff Green Memphis pick turns into a lottery pick in 2019 or later ;D