Author Topic: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"  (Read 8011 times)

Re: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
It was a cheapshot & potentially really dangerous thing to do.   I didn't like it because it certainly looked like he was going up the head.

That being said, I still have a soft spot in my heart for Perk.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 05:02:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Perkins ain't wrong. I still love him and his tough illegal screens and overall not as good as you'd hope play. And none of that is hyperbole.

Remember that one stretch in the mid-Big 3 era when Perk was showing all kinds of fancy footwork and slick moves, but his mistake rate was high enough that after the initial surprise wore off everyone kinda just started hoping he'd knock it off?  That was pretty fun.

Also does any else realize that Perkins should be in his prime right now? He is a month younger than Lebron. I was shocked to learn that today.

Heck, Gerald Wallace is only 2 years older than LeBron, and he's been cooked for 3.

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I still love Perk.  I miss his toughness.  I'd absolute be supporting and defending him if he did that if he still played for the Celts, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite because he got traded away.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Basically I heavily boo any Celtics traitors who play/have played for LeBron James.

How is Perk a traitor?  Danny traded him away

Could've decided to signed elsewhere and not with Cleveland, one of the longtime nemesis affiliated with LeBron James in my books. That's what I mean by "traitor".

And if Rondo takes his talents to Hollywood, well he'll also fall into that same category as well!

TP. LameBron and the Lakers are the enemy, you can't call yourself a "true celtic" if you are going to suit up for those guys.

By the way, I can live with the dirty screen from Perk, but throwing a punch at Crowder and getting the "king's special treatment" from the League is unacceptable.

I missed more TA and even little Nate than Perk when he was traded, but after last night I have no problem with the Garden booing him at every play.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Basically I heavily boo any Celtics traitors who play/have played for LeBron James.

He's referring to when the Jazz cut Perk...Perk hopped on LeBron's bus and became the Cavs cheerleader in hopes of getting another ring.

I get not liking him for playing with Lebron, but in what way is he a traitor?

Edit: just saw SparzWizard's reply

Still, though, I don't see how that makes him a traitor.  I don't have any problem with him going where he has a chance to win a ring, he was a FA and I doubt he'll have many other chances

It's not like he owes us anything.  We traded him away.  Four years later, he was traded from what could/should have been a contender, subsequently cut, and joined another contender.  I just don't see how that makes him a traitor to us, he owed/owes us nothing
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:55:25 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 06:15:29 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well, sorry, I never appreciated Perk. I remember how scared I was in 2008 each time he has the ball in his hands in the offense event. He's by far the worse offensive player at the C position. He couldn't even score a basket under the net. I was relieved each time Powe replaced him.
But the worse is his mentality. I can't stand player keep getting angry at the refs like each play is a big injustice to him. I just can't. The only thing I like from him is its screens.
After his claim about Crowder, he's basically telling us that is a liar to top it off.
Go and have a party with Lebron and remember who made you... yeah Boston Celtics. Moron...

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i appreciate perk for what he did in 08 championship and that 2010 championship run (where if we had him in game 7 we would have won)

but i still boo him cuz hes on another team
its not like its pierce, KG or Rondo

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 06:42:27 PM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
Could've decided to signed elsewhere and not with Cleveland, one of the longtime nemesis affiliated with LeBron James in my books. That's what I mean by "traitor".

And if Rondo takes his talents to Hollywood, well he'll also fall into that same category as well!

Lakers might be the one last possible option for Rondo to sign any worthy (when it comes to money) contract, but i'm still doubt what they will do it, due to his story in Dallas
Regardless, still don't understand - if this deal going to happen and Rajon will go to LA - how it outshines everything what he did while playing for Celtics? My couple cents, he basically has no choice now and Lakers... they don't even a contender. It will be tough to accept, but 'traitor'? Idk

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Lakers might be the one last possible option for Rondo to sign any worthy (when it comes to money) contract, but i'm still doubt what they will do it, due to his story in Dallas
Regardless, still don't understand - if this deal going to happen and Rajon will go to LA - how it outshines everything what he did while playing for Celtics? My couple cents, he basically has no choice now and Lakers... they don't even a contender. It will be tough to accept, but 'traitor'? Idk

Maybe a light-hearted "traitor"...solely because he'd be playing in a purple and gold uniform. But seeing his current minutes and skills today, I'd hope the Lakers give him a max contract so they can implode financially.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I appreciate perk for what he did for our team.  I like him as a person.  The tough guy act I've always disliked, he doesn't have the game to act like he does.  Imagine perk acting like he does to Oakley  ::)

He's had a tough career with injuries but got a lot out of a very limited game.  I wish him well

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

He's referring to when the Jazz cut Perk...Perk hopped on LeBron's bus and became the Cavs cheerleader in hopes of getting another ring.

I get not liking him for playing with Lebron, but in what way is he a traitor?

Edit: just saw SparzWizard's reply

Still, though, I don't see how that makes him a traitor.  I don't have any problem with him going where he has a chance to win a ring, he was a FA and I doubt he'll have many other chances

It's not like he owes us anything.  We traded him away.  Four years later, he was traded from what could/should have been a contender, subsequently cut, and joined another contender.  I just don't see how that makes him a traitor to us, he owed/owes us nothing

If he'd went to the Chicago Bulls, Atlanta Hawks, or the Houston Rockets I'd be okay with that. Heck I'd be even content if he could have stayed with Utah. But since he decided to play for LeBron of all people, then nope, unacceptable.

Then here you got him coming off the bench just to trip and throw punches at another person's face, who happens to be on a team that I'm a big fan of. At this point, Perkins is dead to me lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »

Offline Sievers81

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
NBA.com RT:"League also updates Flagrant 1 foul committed by Kendrick Perkins Sunday to a Flagrant 2, and fines Perkins $15,000."

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I still love Perk.  I miss his toughness.  I'd absolute be supporting and defending him if he did that if he still played for the Celts, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite because he got traded away.
If JR Smith made a bushleague play to rip Marcus Smart's arm out of his shoulder socket, I'd fully support the Celtics putting in Gigi Datome to lay out one of the Cavs players in retaliation. 

Can't be mad at Perk for doing his job.  He didn't even injure anyone.  He just poked Crowder and got in his face.  Perk sucks at this point.  You pay him to intimidate people. 

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I think Perk pretty much nailed it. Its his job to come in and send a message physically and he did just that. Also as he said, Celtics fans kinda had a responsibility to boo him. When you make a hard foul on the emotional leader of a team you get booed thats how it works.

I hope we cheer him next time he comes to the Garden. It was stuff like that that made us(or at least me) fall in love with Perk when he was here.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 07:36:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Blatt asked Perk to do what he did in retaliation for what Olynyk did to Love.