Author Topic: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"  (Read 7997 times)

Re: Kendrick Perkins "They still love me"
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Did you watch Perkins play for the C's?

I recall him doing the exactly same thing to Deron after Deron cheap shotted Rondo. Same for KG, same for Pierce, etc, etc.
Of course I saw Perkins play in Boston, but in my opinion that still doesn't justify what he did last night. The fact that he did it against his old team and in front of the fans who used to root for him is what ticks me of ;)

Do you think KG deserves boos every time he's in the garden because of how he acted with KO?

Perk helped us win a championship, we're forever in his debt.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I liked the cheap shot. Teams need someone who provides that.

It'd be nice if Boston still had someone who delivered that type of physical intimidation.

I am still a big fan of Perk.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I recall him doing the exactly same thing to Deron after Deron cheap shotted Rondo. Same for KG, same for Pierce, etc, etc.
Of course I saw Perkins play in Boston, but in my opinion that still doesn't justify what he did last night. The fact that he did it against his old team and in front of the fans who used to root for him is what ticks me of ;)

Players shouldn't give less against their old teams.

They owe it to the team they are on and the fans they represent to give their full commitment to their current team.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 04:27:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I liked the cheap shot. Teams need someone who provides that.

It'd be nice if Boston still had someone who delivered that type of physical intimidation.

I am still a big fan of Perk.
Yeah if Crowder hadn't been physically beating on various players I would have minded it. I dislike it when players hit guys on the other team who haven't been initiating things, but Crowder was trying to hit and be physical whenever he could.

The bad side of it is guys like JR take things too far.

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Also does any else realize that Perkins should be in his prime right now? He is a month younger than Lebron. I was shocked to learn that today.
Makes me sad, his knees just didn't hold up.

Go watch Perkins from 07-08 to 09-10. Dude could really move and was able to finish around the hoop pretty well even if he did always bring the ball down.

Yup, he was strong enough and smart/skilled enough to get that baby hook off at any time, so long as he wasn't stripped ahead of time.  And shot it well enough to have Cedric Maxwell shaking in his boots about his record.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Basically I heavily boo any Celtics traitors who play/have played for LeBron James.

How is Perk a traitor?  Danny traded him away
I'm bitter.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I liked the pick. No problem with that. But if you think you can cheap shot my guy then hit him in the face and expect the refs to protect you.....well let's test that theory because I got something for you.

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Basically I heavily boo any Celtics traitors who play/have played for LeBron James.

He's referring to when the Jazz cut Perk...Perk hopped on LeBron's bus and became the Cavs cheerleader in hopes of getting another ring.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Do you want him to be someone he is not just because he is playing his old team?
I think that's a question of principles. Personally I wouldn't behave like Perk did in front of the fans who used to root for me. But hey that's just how I was raised and how I look at things ;)
So you're raised to only play hard for your first employer/team?

That's pretty crappy.
As far as I know playing dirty and playing hard are two different things. Now I wouldn't mind if Perk played hard for the Cavs, but my issue is that he played DIRTY last night. And no I wasn't raised only to play hard for my first employer/team lol... I was always taught to show respect for the old fans who used to root for us/me and I personally think that Perk was very disrespectful in the way he behaved last night..
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The enforcer is basically all Perk's good for anymore. I wouldn't boo him nor cheer him either. He'll be riding bench seeing very little minutes until his career is officially over.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 04:41:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't mind cheap shots / tough illegal screens, but what Perkins did went beyond that.

If Perk had gone KG's "Bye Zaza" on him, I'd have no problem with it, and the shot he took when they were jawing was crap as well.

This wasn't a tough / illegal screen, he went to give him a blow in the neck/chin area... and that's not cool.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I don't mind cheap shots / tough illegal screens, but what Perkins did went beyond that.

If Perk had gone KG's "Bye Zaza" on him, I'd have no problem with it, and the shot he took when they were jawing was crap as well.

This wasn't a tough / illegal screen, he went to give him a blow in the neck/chin area... and that's not cool.
TP! Finally somebody gets what I'm trying to get across...
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
No respect to Perk. Period
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Could've decided to signed elsewhere and not with Cleveland, one of the longtime nemesis affiliated with LeBron James in my books. That's what I mean by "traitor".

And if Rondo takes his talents to Hollywood, well he'll also fall into that same category as well!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2015, 04:56:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
will perk be in the nba next year? In two years? The Cavs have mosgov (not a 40 minute per game player) and Tristan as bigs, with Lebron also playing power forward. How can he not get more than 3 minutes a game for them...