Author Topic: Cedric Maxwell claims Cavs players told him they'd retaliate for Love's injury  (Read 6798 times)

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not sure how anyone could be surprised at this.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

Why else would Perk have come into the game in the 2nd quarter?

I absolutely believe there was retaliation and Perk is the ultimate 'goon', but their big man rotation took quite a hit when their minutes leader up front went out for the game (and a couple of weeks, at least, apparently). It makes sense that they would need to go deeper into their bench.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Wow, if this is true, then I'm shocked at Perk. I understand that he's on a new team and all, but still....is he becoming Lebron's puppet?

Perk?

Don't go out like that.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Wow, if this is true, then I'm shocked at Perk. I understand that he's on a new team and all, but still....is he becoming Lebron's puppet?

Perk?

Don't go out like that.
Does he deserve our unwavering affection?

I actually still love him. Has you feelings changed on him?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Perk?

Don't go out like that.

LOL.

He does not need to be becoming something he is not. I've always loved Perk and been one of his most ardent supporters.

But even when in Green, Perk was no Puppet.

The last time I saw Perk do something like that was when he put Kobe in a headlock and that was back in 2011 or 12 I believe.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ya know I was all in on the redemption story for the cavs but f it!  Go bulls! Screw you Cleveland!

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Well, the Cavs are a fun new team to dislike.  I think the league should have harsher penalties for repeat offenders who punch people out on the court.  I think the rule is a suspension of 1-5 games.  Smith got a 2 game suspension.  Well, what would you have to do to get 5 games.  Maybe if the player he hit got knocked out, or was hurt, or could not continue in the game, or was our most productive player, or if the offender has been repeatedly thrown out of games in his career, oh - wait, all those things happened.  So, I guess to get a 5 game suspension - you have to kill the other guy dead on the spot with a mortal death punch, as far as the NBA is concerned.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Perk?

Don't go out like that.

LOL.

He does not need to be becoming something he is not. I've always loved Perk and been one of his most ardent supporters.

But even when in Green, Perk was no Puppet.

The last time I saw Perk do something like that was when he put Kobe in a headlock and that was back in 2011 or 12 I believe.
Haha I feel that. I didn't mind it at all. I mean during the game I was p---ed and was calling for him to get tossed but I miss mean old perk in green. I still love him. Always will.

Unless he does something disgraceful to the game of basketball that is.

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
I think they should get him back.  How much different would this series have been if we had a defense only minded banger working Mozgov and Thomas.  I don't like it, but what he did was a very smart basketball play for his team.  Hate to say it, but it is true. 

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This explains why Wade sat out the last game against the Celtics.
He was afraid of retaliation for IT's injury.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
This explains why Wade sat out the last game against the Celtics.
He was afraid of retaliation for IT's injury.

bingo!

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'm shocked! In other news, the sky is blue.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
#RetaliateGate??  ;)

Sigh, you just don't get it.  It's #RetaliGate.

:D

Mike

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think they should get him back.  How much different would this series have been if we had a defense only minded banger working Mozgov and Thomas.  I don't like it, but what he did was a very smart basketball play for his team.  Hate to say it, but it is true.
Do you really believe that or are you trying to instigate here?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sounds like a team the coach isn't in charge.

Bingo!

Ding ding ding.....winner winner chicken dinner

Class less franchise being .....run by James "GanG" ....

James schooled by DWade in the art of LOW CLASS .....gang -thug mentality

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
Do you really believe that or are you trying to instigate here?
Yes, if you are a bench player - and can make a good effort to trick your opponents best player into taking a swing at you, or possibly get ejected by getting technicals etc.  It is steaky, dirty, whatever, but if it works and your teams wins, that is all anybody will remember.  He didn't hurt Crowder, what he did was just outright disrespect and taunting, Crowder almost got himself ejected in the exchange, I think that was the intent.  It will be interesting if we see similar antics from Perk going forward, or if he has been warned by the league there will be a suspension if he does it again.  I always wonder what happens behind the scenes.