Author Topic: Woj: Love's injury may have complicated him potentially coming here in FA  (Read 5225 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tabloid Woj in full effect.

Yep.  Woj doing his Peter Vecsey imitation.

There are three Wojs.  Tabloid Woj, Grudge-holding-attack-dog Woj, and Best-in-the-business Woj.

I could do without the first two.

The passion of the first two is what allow Woj to be the last one.

Or, at least, the contacts made by carrying water for shadow sources doing the first two helped with the third.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I prefer to keep Sully.

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
The idea that the injury hurt Boston's FA chances makes me laugh, I don't think it ridiculous though. People make all sorts of emotional decisions based on factors like that.

I'm pretty sure Boston would happily move Olynyk if it meant they could land Love, no matter how high on Olynyk they are. Though I'm not pleased with that sort of process of letting stars dictate things, they can and do so anyways.
Well, after Rondo's injury at the hands of Wade, when Rondo's value was still high, Rondo said he would never play for Miami...injuries have memories almost as long as money does.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Tabloid Woj in full effect.

Yeah, kind of a nothing of an article with a soap-opera breathless tone about it.

WAS Kevin Love planning to leave Cleveland for Boston?  WILL this injury change the odds of this complete supposition?  Some say maybe.  Others...aren't so sure.  Clicks please!!!

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think Love viewed Boston as a potential Plan B if things go wrong in Cleveland.  He's certainly going to shop around if the Cavs lowball him and offer him less than the max contract that he is worth or otherwise make him feel disrespected.  The Celtics and Lakers might have been co-favorites in that scenario.  After this injury, that may have changed.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Here he is fueling his own Love to Celtics story to the max, by any means necessary.  Just like LeBron was the wrost kind of villain for years as painted by Woj until he won.

I like the reporter and he has written a few columns I liked but other than that he is this type of Woj.  Sports media at it's worst.

It's vapid writing.  Cleveland is going to have some tough breaks with Smith and Love but if they win is Love going to leave?  If Love just chooses one of many other teams that I'm sure will want him?  If I believed a lot of these guys he's just automatically going to the Lakers anyways.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If there's anything that would make Love be less inclined to come to Boston, it would be the perception that fans were cheering as he left the floor.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Given that I haven't wanted him in Boston going back to last summer, I'd be fine with this idea.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86