Author Topic: Kevin Love is a baby  (Read 7970 times)

Re: Kevin Love is a baby
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 03:33:00 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
If Kevin Love really lets that be the deciding factor whether or not he would come here, I don't want him anyway. Give him a few months to cool off. We'll see what happens.

In bigger news, Love is a top 30 player and the NBA's best connected journalist just wrote an article highlighting our contender status as a free agent draw for him. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what having Brad Stevens, Ainge and 17 banners can do for us in Free Agency. If they can get Love to consider us, they can get others.

I think I got what I wanted out of this series, I think there just might be a guy or two around the league watching that said "I can take that team to the next level".

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 04:29:56 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What was it that I call him here?  Oh yeah, the Marshmallow.  He's a whiny little _____, but that won't be news to anyone who has followed his career. 

By the way, I hope the league office sticks it to Kendrick and especially J. R. Smith, long one of the both of whom have long been two of the biggest punks in the NBA.  The Cavs victory in this series may well prove to be a pyrrhic one.

Ftfy, lol. ;D

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 04:33:31 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Aww, the little princess is upset  ::)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 06:56:12 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
this sounds like pure speculation from Woj....he shouldnt mix speculation with his "scoops"

Love might be mad now because he just had his arm dislocated....but as time goes im sure that it wont be an issue with him coming to boston.

If love doesnt sign with the celtics it WONT be because Kelly Olynyk dislocated his shoulder

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 07:11:50 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i have dislocated my shoulder,i thought love had presense of mind to get to trainer or dr. asap -so there would be less damage to ligaments or muscle.i fractured and dislocated mine  and damage so severe ,that it was a clinically frozen  due to surrounding damage and time it took to get it put back in-

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 09:17:54 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
i have dislocated my shoulder,i thought love had presense of mind to get to trainer or dr. asap -so there would be less damage to ligaments or muscle.i fractured and dislocated mine  and damage so severe ,that it was a clinically frozen  due to surrounding damage and time it took to get it put back in-

I don't have any problem with his running off the court for treatment.  However, the comments he made afterward were highly amusing, I thought.  :)

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Ya'll watch your mouth with how you talk about the next great Celtic superstar!

Really, though I'd be freakin ecstatic if we somehow were able to bring Kevin Love to Boston.  I can't imagine he'd write off the Celtics just because of Olynyk's bush league play.  More likely he'd write off the Celtics, because he's a born Laker. 

Love might be the third banana in Cleveland, but he's twice as talented as anyone we currently have on this roster.  He's been used as pretty much a 3-point shooter and decoy over there.  He's far more talented than that.
Of course, if love WERE to come here, i'd take back all the trash talk

;D

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
One can tell he is a little spoiled from his comments, but I think a lot depends on if he knew about the other chippy plays.  Guys say stuff in the heat of the moment.   If he did not know about Perk's and Smith's cheapshots, I would be a lot more understanding about the comments.

Guys handle pain and adversity differently.   I could walk and move the day my kidney was removed and was out in two days, most people take five.   If that injury happened to Bird or Rondo, they would have got popped in and came back into the game.  Bird played with a fractured orbital bone and Rondo with a dislocated shoulder.

I think Love has some skills, I think people would fawn over him if he came here for several reasons.  But I wonder if he has Celtics Pride in him.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 10:31:39 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There is nothing in that article about Love not wanting to come here because of this other than Woj doing some p--- poor speculation.  It was a terribly written piece.  I expect better from Woj.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Well let's put it this way: in 2011 when DWade dragged Rondo to the ground, it gave us a reason to legitimately loathe the Heat. Everyone here still talks about how they consider it a dirty play and how Wade is a thug. Objectively speaking, the Wade play was about the same level as KO's play. Could have been, could have not been intentional. Of course KO has earned the benefit of the doubt while Wade can say no such thing.

However, when you're on the other side and the injury happened to you, against a playoff opponent that you should be hating at the moment (a la Bird or any of the greats), the injury and anger could certainly exacerbate the hatred. So yeah, Kevin Love is ticked off, and probably rightfully so. Sure he may hate the Celtics now, but he'll have plenty of time to think rationally and reflect on the year.

I'm actually encouraged. If Woj says we are a potential frontrunner for a major free agent, it's something worth talking about. I have no doubt that Stevens and Danny will have their sharpest-looking keynote and folders ready.

No, that's not accurate.

1) Boston people already hated Miami the instant Lebron got there.  Why?  Because we already hated Lebron from all the battles we had with him in Cleveland.

2) Boston fans didn't dislike Wade and label him dirty because of that play.  Boston fans labelled Wade dirty because he does stuff like that all the time - he has a reputation around the entire league (not just in Boston) as a dirty player. 

3) I'd still welcome Wade to Boston if he ever wanted to come here.  He may be dirty, but unlike Kevin Love he's a hardcore competitor, a great leader, and a champion...and once in his life actually knew something about defense.

Yes, this captures it accurately. Wade wasn't suddenly a dirty player because of that Rondo foul and I hated the Heat because of Lebron, not so much Wade. It's why I hate the Cavs now and why I'm indifferent again towards the Heat.

- LilRip

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Love to see one of the readers on this site calling Love a cry baby get their arm dislocated and see how brave they are.

In my opinion, Olynyk is a total idiot.

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
KO made a rookie mistake, plus he never thought some players were made out of glass.
As for Kevin Love, I find him a bit weak mentally. As a professional or any person with maturity, you don't talk like that if you can't control your emotions. Something that can have consequences to your career.
Or maybe he's just a diva, in that case he'll be very welcome in LA :P

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I don't think Love is a baby, but I DO think he's injury prone.  He's never played a full NBA season in his career. 

I thought Jalen Rose made a good point on his podcast that if he was Kevin Love and he got injured on that play he'd have to start asking if he was brittle.

I think Love is perfectly suited for his current role of being the 3rd/4th best guy on a contender, but I'd be terrified to try to build a contender around him. 

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think the last person I heard use the phrase "bush league" was Will Ferrell.  His choice of words is still amusing a week later.

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 11:56:25 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I feel of Kevin Love.  It sucks!!!