Author Topic: Kevin Love is a baby  (Read 7972 times)

Re: Kevin Love is a baby
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i have fractured and dislocated my shoulder-didn't even know it till i saw it just dangling-i think what you saw was a player that knew the severity and knew the sooner it was put back in the better-bush league is just slang for a stupid cheap foul-freak accident during a grappling foul-
love earlier had kellys arm tangled up,i can't be sure but i think a celtic player was closing on ball and kelly tried to keep love from getting to it by pulling love away-
kelly has no history  and was un intentional injury
perkins was retaliation a neck throat level blindside by a 300lb enforcer
jr's was dirty and intentional and did injure
i feel bad for love

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Actually i think Cleveland is the perfect punishment for Kevin Love.

Guy started the pushing and holding in that play and if you watch he started to move KO to try and get the ball when it was loose and heading towards the sideline.  SO Love didnt just start the "stuff" he kept it going by riding KO out of the way for the loose ball.  This is when KO grabbed Love and the injury.

I never liked Kevin Love, even at UCLA, he is SOFT and has a very specific set of skills and nothing else. 

Does anyone here want him guarding a tough PF?  Hell no, guy is soft.

Love is cerebral and understands rebounding by moving to the correct spot, but so does Tristan Thompson who is NOT soft at all. 

Not to mention his "act" this entire season.  First he went on a Free Agent tour to push Minnesota to trade him.  2) then he force or was part of the group trying to get him with Bron Bron 3) then he complained about his use in games 4) then he decided to take shots at Bron Bron for no reason whatsoever 5) all year we have been hearing rumors about him going to LA to play next year 6) now the KO stupidity.

Love wants attention, not rings.

So if I have a choice of LeMarcus Aldridge, Boogie Cousins or K. Love, well you are gonna have to sell me Love will actually guard someone on the floor before I invest in him.  The others have issues too, Love is toughness, personality, heart and attention.

I think a fitting punishment for Love is to stay in Cleveland, a loser town, with loser franchises and let him rot listening to obnoxious Cleveland fans.

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Guy started the pushing and holding in that play and if you watch he started to move KO to try and get the ball when it was loose and heading towards the sideline.  SO Love didnt just start the "stuff" he kept it going by riding KO out of the way for the loose ball.  This is when KO grabbed Love and the injury.

I never liked Kevin Love, even at UCLA, he is SOFT and has a very specific set of skills and nothing else. 

Love is cerebral and understands rebounding by moving to the correct spot, but so does Tristan Thompson who is NOT soft at all. 

Not to mention his "act" this entire season.  First he went on a Free Agent tour to push Minnesota to trade him.  2) then he force or was part of the group trying to get him with Bron Bron 3) then he complained about his use in games 4) then he decided to take shots at Bron Bron for no reason whatsoever 5) all year we have been hearing rumors about him going to LA to play next year 6) now the KO stupidity.

So if I have a choice of LeMarcus Aldridge, Boogie Cousins or K. Love, well you are gonna have to sell me Love will actually guard someone on the floor before I invest in him.  The others have issues too, Love is toughness, personality, heart and attention.

I think a fitting punishment for Love is to stay in Cleveland, a loser town, with loser franchises and let him rot listening to obnoxious Cleveland fans.

TP ......I never thought of it like this , but your right it's a nice trip fora wake up call ....about him and some of his fellow NBA players .    Everybody told him about being on " LeDiva Team " .....now he know ......he is AT best ..third fiddle .....forever and always on this Cavs team

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_y6nFjoVp4

;D :)

But in all seriousness I'd still welcome him in Green if we can get him. He has some warts defensively but it's nothing that Coach Stevens and his teammates couldn't cure.

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 10:18:43 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Terrific post - you hit all the right notes!

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Pretty much agree with all that's said here.

As much as Love cops criticism for his defense (it really is a bit issue) I think I'm actually more turned off by his attitude then anything else.

I think it's fairly safe to say that in the NBA, the difference between a good player and a great player is often the intangibles.  Look at what guys like Paul Pierce and KG achieved for Boston when they came here.  Those guys put up nice numbers, sure - but what their impact on the team went far beyond that.  It was their leadership, toughness, communication, hustle and absolute competitiveness that allowed them to really carry this team...especially later years when they could no longer dominate on talent alone.

When I look at Love, I don't see any of that.  His only intangible asset that I can see is his basketball IQ (which seems to be pretty high) but otherwise the guy seems to lack competitiveness, toughness and especially leadership.  This is largely the reason why I don't see him ever being a #1 guy on any team that's worth anything.