Author Topic: Trade Scenarios and Potential Stars that we could add in the offseason  (Read 3558 times)

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Just added two articles if you guys would like to go check them out:

https://bandrincorporated.wordpress.com/celtics-current-roster-2/

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
All of our picks plus Smart and Crowder for Kawhi Leonard.

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
All of our picks plus Smart and Crowder for Kawhi Leonard.

Kawhi will be in SA for a long time.
DKC Suns

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Number one makes me think you should not quit your day job.   I can live with two and three somewhat.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Might want to dial down the praise, like calling Jordan "once in a generation" or "skilled", or like calling Lopez a "two-way masterpiece", lol*, but otherwise a nice article, nice analysis, with some interesting ideas.

*Unless you were intentionally exaggerating for comic effect?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline sh_touttahere

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I say offer Deandre the max and lets get this show on the road

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Thanks for posting, interesting read. I would like the new era to get going sooner than later so these are the sorts of deals/options DA and CBS need to look at.

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
What if PP wants to come back but we also want to use cap money on another player, something like Turner and filler for PP? Was gets something and PP could just opt out but this way he still gets paid?

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Thanx for the article. I'll just give my comments on those three trade possibilities that were suggested. The Corey Brewer/Terrence Jones trade seems a bit unlikely to me. I don't want Brewer and I don't think that they are moving Jones. I think that Houston may need two basketballs if they get Thomas. The Perry Jones idea is a no brainer for the Celtics but I think that OKC would be underwhelmed by the offer of two 2nd round picks. Harrison Barnes with his terrific stroke from 3-point land would be nice but I don't think that GSW would view Olynyk as more than a rotation guy and not a starting 4. Having said that, including Young and our Clippers pick doesn't make our offer unreasonable, so sure, why not?

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Number one makes me think you should not quit your day job.   I can live with two and three somewhat.

Ouch...that left a mark.

Re: Trade Scenarios and Potential Stars that we could add in the offseason
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
Might want to dial down the praise, like calling Jordan "once in a generation" or "skilled", or like calling Lopez a "two-way masterpiece", lol*, but otherwise a nice article, nice analysis, with some interesting ideas.

*Unless you were intentionally exaggerating for comic effect?

I've heard him called one of the most athletic centers in history by NBA players and I similarly agree. As for Jordan being skilled I'm talking about his skill as a rebounder and as a defender. Also I may have exaggerated on Lopez, but it was because I was exaggerating the fact that the league lacks two way talent like Brook. Thank you for your commentary because it helps me get better as a writer.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
I respect your opinion, but can you explain to me why you don't think it would be a possibility or why it would be a bad trade?

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:49:34 PM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 0

made me laugh

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
As much as i love deandre, i dont really see him fitting in our offense at all. Horrible passer, bad shooter, and historically bad free throw shooter. However, he is an amazing defender and rim protector and better rebounder- something we obviously needed against the Cavs this series

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »

Offline farishmj16

• Xavier Tillman
as much as i love and covet deandre i dont see him as a good fit for us. bad passer, bad shooter, and a historically bad free throw shooter.  He sure fills the void for our lack or rim protection, rebounding, and lock down defender- things we did not have against the cavs