Author Topic: How is Tyler Harvey considered a 2nd round talent?  (Read 5217 times)

Re: How is Tyler Harvey considered a 2nd round talent?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 11:22:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow Beat LA, 16 is pounding the table. I don't agree but I love when people pound the table for their guy. TP

You're right about the shhhh part, lol ;D, as I was kind of hoping that he'd be mentioned on here but perhaps not in this way so that he doesn't get any attention, haha. ;) ;D No big deal, triboy, btw - it's not like team scouts and executives are looking on celticsblog, lol. ;D

Honestly, at 16 it's bpa, but I'm anticipating two things happening -

1).  There's no guarantee that he'll even be there at 16, seeing as OKC picks two spots ahead of us.  *facepalm*  It's no secret that they've struggled to replace Harden, and Harvey already has more range than Dion Waiters, so I wouldn't put it past Sam Presti to take him there, especially with his track record.

2).  If we don't take him at 16, and with more and more guys like Dunn going back to school, some of the teams picking between 16 and 28 are Chicago, Portland, and San Antonio, not to mention the Lakers, and seeing as how the Blazers have truly found some gems recently from small schools like Lillard and CJ McCollum (okay, I classify him as a gem, lol ;D), and with San Antonio's track record, not to mention Chicago's, I think you have to take him there at 16, if only because the risk is simply too great that he could fall into one of said teams' hands, and we don't need to see another Tony Parker scenario.  Ugh.

Honestly, if we don't get him, the one team that I'd want to take him would be Indiana, if they don't take someone like Cameron Payne first.  Harvey is the classic Larry Bird player, in that he's a great talent from a small program, and if no one else drops at 11, I could see Bird taking either one of those guys.  He took Paul George from Fresno State, didn't he?  Man I was hoping that he would drop to us, but it was not to be.  Sigh.  Anyway, back to the Pacers.  All I'm going to say is that can you imagine Harvey and Paul George on the same team? :o Wow.  I don't know how good this kid can be, but I do know that he is pretty much everything that we don't have and desperately need - a go-to guy and a great shooter who can create for himself and others who loves the big moment.  What's not to like?

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Apparently his defense is quite poor.  Harvey seems like a good choice for the early 2nd or late 1st pick but definitely not the 16th pick. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25162545/tyler-harvey-hopes-to-provide-shot-making-ability-to-an-nba-team
that is what i read as well. it isnt physical ability, he seems to have that. for whatever reason he has chosen to not play defense. that might raise some red flags among GMs.

anyone find any videos of his defense we can watch?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Who?   That is why?   Only draft junkies know about him.