Author Topic: David Blatt said referees partially responsible for injuries, Perkins = Loscutof  (Read 2891 times)

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/04/david_blatt_said_referees_crea.html

Cavaliers coach David Blatt said the leeway referees gave the Boston Celtics to play a more physical style of basketball earlier in the playoffs was responsible for the environment in Game 4 Sunday in which key players on both teams suffered potentially serious injuries.

Blatt said Perkins' play was a response to the Cs' physicality – he called it a "Jim Loscutoff play" after the former Celtics hatchet man who played for the Cs teams Blatt rooted for as a child.

Wouldn't that warrant something from the league in terms of Blatt's comments?

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
That's a pretty stupid comment by Blatt. In this case, there's no excuse for not suspending Perkins and fining Blatt.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I also think the refs let things get out of hand.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Now the coach is a cry baby as well.......

Blatt the Ratt sent Perkins in on purpose to take out Crowder ......he is guilty too

Who in world thought anything different? 

It's obvious Perkins entered the game for one purpose ...he sure can't play real basketball at this point......to hurt Celtic players was his job.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Now the coach is a cry baby as well.......

Blatt the Ratt sent Perkins in on purpose to take out Crowder ......he is guilty too

It's obvious Perkins entered the game for one purpose ...he sure can't play real basketball at this point......to hurt Celtic players was his job.

Perk always sucked, lol ;D.  The only thing he ever did was beat people up.  He's like Greg Kite mixed with Rick Mahorn, haha, and I'll never understand why he was so beloved here.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I also think the refs let things get out of hand.

Yeah, it was a chippy game.  Even the Jae Crowder / J.R. Smith play resulted from Crowder elbowing Smith in the shoulders, which I believe was uncalled.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
Wow, these are outrageous comments for a coach and it is making a bad situation worse:

• Blaming the refs in this way will surely pizz them off and probably negate the favoritism the team usually gets
  • These comments imply that he ordered Perk to take someone out in retaliation.

Just really dumb things to say.

I feel bad for them that Love got hurt on a tainted but in my opinion certainly not "dirty" or intentional play but this is not the way to react.  Blatt's boss (LeBron) should sit him down and talk to him.

This (potential Smith and Perk suspensions) could cost them the Chicago series.  A real dilemma for the NBA who no doubt wants to see CLE in the final and not CHI, WAS or ATL.  How tough will they be on CLE?  I predict light suspensions to make sure it doesn't cost CLE the series against CHI.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I feel that there should be an unwritten rule that any team with Lebron James on it should not get to comment on the officiating, let alone a team with two other additional superstars in Irving and Love.

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Well I know the refs were partially responsible for our team getting swept

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I thought it was a poorly reffed series.  Refs let the Cavs get away with too much in
games 1&2 and Cs assumed they would get the same home court treatment back in Boston.

How the refs justify letting Perk stay in the game is beyond me. The hi-jinks would have ended there but they let him stay on the floor fwhen they could have sent a message to both teams.

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Not a very smart comment by Blatt bringing up Jim Loscutoff...but having said that, I actually found it kinda funny.  And it's not like he's wrong either.

Maybe it's because he sorta showed his inner Celtic fan there for moment...but I don't know, I don't hate the comment as much as I thought I would.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Blatt was born in 1959. Jim Loscutoff's last year with the Celtics was 1964.  Blatt was too young to have "rooted for" the Celtics teams Loscutoff played for.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:15:32 AM by alley oop »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Cavs players and staff can do and say whatever they want and the league will turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. Watch Perk pick up another tech after he takes out Rose. Only Pierce and Wiz can save us (provided they get past ATL ).  :P

- LilRip

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
When I said that I wanted the refs to let them play...this wasn't exactly what I meant.  Another case of "be careful what you ask for" I guess.  Refs are particularly short on common sense.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!