Author Topic: C's may have got swept, but played hard, and just ruined the cavs chances  (Read 4194 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They still have the best two players on the court.

I'd take Joakim Noah over Kyrie Irving.

In general, I can see the argument.  I think that Noah's defense and rebounding have been down this year, though, mostly due to nagging injury (and the offense has been his worst ever).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

In general, I can see the argument.  I think that Noah's defense and rebounding have been down this year, though, mostly due to nagging injury (and the offense has been his worst ever).
Honestly the better argument is Rose not Noah.  Rose looks like the former MVP he is right now.  Sure he is made of glass and will likely get hurt again at some point, but right now he is firing on all cylinders and he is the reason anyone would give Chicago a chance in the series.  And if you look at the Bucks series, Butler and Gasol have been darn good as well.  Noah has been terrible.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

A healthy Noah is more valuable, just due to the scarcity of big men and just how limited Irvings game is beyond scoring.

But Noah hasn't been consistently healthy in almost 2 years now right? Tough for me to say he's worth more when he's hobbling all the time.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I like the fact that the Celts played hard.  I take no pride in the injury.
Yup.

Better to keep fighitng than just roll over like the Raptors did.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one should take pride in a player getting hurt, period.   This is not MMA or gladiators.  We played hard and we lost to the better team.

I thought the refs should have clamped down early.   I thought Perk's play was the most bush league on in the game.   Though the elbow on Crowder and KO's play were definitely dirty but we will only hear about Love's injury because he is the star.