Author Topic: C's may have got swept, but played hard, and just ruined the cavs chances  (Read 4191 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Love with the dislocated shoulder , JR with likely a multiple game suspension . I can't see the Cavs beating the Bulls in the next rd

Glad we could have a part in stopping Lebron again :P

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
At the very least, they should feel rattled. For a team like the Celtics to play as hard as they did and not back down against the Cavs' stacked roster should make them feel a little less sure of themselves. If they are going to win a championship this year, it will have to be because of defense - which I am not sure they have quite enough of (although Shumpert and Thompson do a LOT for that team).

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I like that mentality, proud but not satisfied. We made it to the playoffs with no stars, I don't care if the East is weak...if it was THAT weak, why couldn't Indiana, Miami, Detroit, etc make it, and we made it to 7th seed, faced what everyone said was the best team in the league and played them hard, fought hard and gave them a scare almost every game.

One of my favorite quotes (probably from my coach from high school after losing in city semis)

"Does it hurt? Good, remember the feeling and work hard, so that you won't feel it ever again"

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Yep, it is icing on the cake of a great season. My main takeaway is that this Cavs team is far from unbeatable. I see Bulls in 5.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like the fact that the Celts played hard.  I take no pride in the injury. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Nah, I'm not with you on celebrating an injury. I wouldn't call what KO did intentional even if it was reversed and he was a player on the Cavs but I don't like that he was part of what caused and injury to a player, even if it was Kobe or LBJ. I feel terrible when our guys go down, I don't wish it on any player. I mean, I won't feel bad if the opposition is injured from something we didn't cause but I don't want it, I would hope we could be teams at full strength, it makes us better in doing so.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Love pinned KO's arm, so KO pinned Love's arm.

That is exactly what I do when people pin my arm. It makes them stop.

Maybe Love will think twice before he does that again.

Lebron submarined Danny Granner and sprained his ankle and pretended it was an accident.

Someone should have done the same to Lebron.

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Is there even a way to pull someone's arm with the intention of dislocating their shoulder?  How would you even begin to think this would be done.  How would you practice such a thing, and then plan for just the perfect moment to apply the technique to Love?  He pulled his arm sure, that this was a conspiracy to intentionally injure Love seems a bit far fetched.  Maybe Cleveland's players all assume the other team is trying to cause them an injury on purpose, because that is what they were trying to do to Crowder, and succeeded.  I think that is called projecting, no?

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Love with the dislocated shoulder , JR with likely a multiple game suspension . I can't see the Cavs beating the Bulls in the next rd

Glad we could have a part in stopping Lebron again :P

The things that will stop LeBron and his team from winnng the title this season are actually all things that the Cavs did to themselves.  There's a brittleness about them when they're required to play hard and in a physical manner to win that doesn't augur well for them going forward. 

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I generally don't get behind cheering injuries, and i'm not cheering this one.

but it was a loose ball situation, if love was in KO's position the result likely would have been the same but with KO being injured.

with that said, between the horrible officiating, the nonsense the Cavs were doing and getting away with. the Cavs were trying to injure Crowder all game, remember the rebound when smith slammed into crowder?

yeah I don't cheer injuries. but i'm not crying for Love either.

someone needs to knock Smith out though. he's been a cheapshot artist his whole career.   

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I think the cavs will have a hard time getting past the Bulls especially with Rose playing like the MVP again...or Atlanta/Washington if they get that far. C's ball movement and physical play hurt them. what happens when you play a more talented team that moves the ball/is physical??

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I think the Cavs' chances were bad from the start but it probably doesn't help.

Their lack of defensive efficiency and their habit of going one-on-one on multiple, key stretches of games are alarming signs for a team supposed to go all the way. I think Chicago takes out them in round or Washington in the ECF.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
They still have the best two players on the court.  Rose is always one jump away from being out again. 

Love getting hurt was a terrible thing. 

They are still the favorites to get out of the East.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
They still have the best two players on the court.

I'd take Joakim Noah over Kyrie Irving.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I take no pride in the injury to Love. 

I dearly hope JR Smith gets at least three games.  Unfortunately, I don't think his loss will be all that significant. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson