Author Topic: How many games does JR Smith get suspended?  (Read 8545 times)

Re: How many games does JR Smith get suspended?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I think JR Smith only gets 1 game, though he should get more. I called him some awful names after that cheap shot. I hope Crowder really does only have a knee sprain and not something worse. He deserves every dollar of his next contract.

Probably zero for Perk. The only NBA skill that guy possesses now is that of a hockey goon. He needs to get out of the league ASAP.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If Smith still played for the Knicks they'd probably give him a couple of games, since it's for the Cavs....I don't know.

Yup......if he was with Knicks , tanking sorry team ...he d be out for several games ......

But the James contender team will cry and beg the NBA off his back.........so i'd guess one game max

Knowing how the NBA caters to LE whiner .... ::)

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I say one for Perk, one max (and maybe zero) for Smith.

What? 

Any explanation?  ::)

Is it that much different than throwing an elbow?  Smith was reckless, which is where the flagrant comes in.  He got punished through the ejection.  I can see giving him one more game, but anything beyond that is excessive.

If this was Crowder doing the same thing to J.R. Smith, I've got to think the reaction would be different.

EDIT:  Plus, candidly, I'm sympathetic to Smith.  Crowder was taking a cheap shot at him, and Smith blindly swung out and hit him.  Stupid decision, but if somebody just pushed me from behind up around my shoulders / neck / head, I'd be irritated, too.  If the refs had called Crowder for a foul, which they certainly should have, Smith never reacts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:11:53 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hit to the face, Smith will take time. Not too much likely, since playoff suspensions are shorter.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I think it was on line with the elbow to Harden by MWP, and he got 7 games for that. However, only half of them we're playoff games. It'll be somewhere between 1-3 games in my opinion, though you never both with him being a Cav and his prior suspension history.

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He will not get any.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Players have gotten one game for kind of harmless "punch-like" actions (for example Nick Young recently against Phoenix).  So based on that precedent, Perk should get one game.  A Flagrant 1 for the pick (that is fair), a tech for the pushing and carrying on after the pick, and one game for poking his hand into Crowder's face.  It wasn't violent but it was intentional, unnecessary, and had the potential to escalate the situation.  To me, any hand to face action should be one game if the league is going to be consistent with past actions.

Now Smith, I put his blow right up there with Kermit Washington's on Rudy T.  Smith did not square up but the actual blow was every bit as violent and dangerous as Washington's (Smith luckily just isn't quite as strong as Washington).  Based on this it has to be more than the 1 game examples so 2 games absolute minimum.  I think if this was the regular season and the team involved was not the Cleveland King-Jameses, ooops, I mean Cavaliers, the suspension would be 5 games.

I think the NBA has an interest in keeping the Cavs in the playoffs and will go soft on Smith.  They might not even go 2 games. Two playoff games is more of a penalty than 2 regular season games but I am not how they take that into account.  We shall see.

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
No suspensions. It's the Cavs. If anything, they'll probably hit Crowder with a suspension and a fine for provoking those things. Then they'll suspend Jimmy Butler one game too.
- LilRip

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »

Offline tabletz19

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Yes, and the NBA spinoff will be because they are teammates in Marquette.

No suspensions. It's the Cavs. If anything, they'll probably hit Crowder with a suspension and a fine for provoking those things. Then they'll suspend Jimmy Butler one game too.

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 10:32:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Hit to the face, Smith will take time. Not too much likely, since playoff suspensions are shorter.

Metta World Peace was suspended for much of the first-round back in 2012!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 11:32:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
he has a history of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWE0-hQi4Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvAiALiKCCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSRATCS2jN8

Looks to me roy that he is clearly willing to throw elbows and fists at people's heads viciously to say there was no intent to hurt ....

Can you imagine if he landed that elbow on sefelosha ?

punk ass b
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:40:29 PM by rondohondo »