Author Topic: How many games does JR Smith get suspended?  (Read 8546 times)

Re: How many games does JR Smith get suspended?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Is there official word that Crowder is ok? E.g no tears or anything? Perk deserves 1 game, JR 2, and Shumpert 1 for setting the NBA back 20 years with that kid-n-play eraser-head do.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
gone for the rest of the playoffs at least.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Is there official word that Crowder is ok? E.g no tears or anything? Perk deserves 1 game, JR 2, and Shumpert 1 for setting the NBA back 20 years with that kid-n-play eraser-head do.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8800000/arnold-gerald-hey-arnold-8860884-500-421.jpg
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 07:43:24 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I say two games for JR. I'm meh about Perkins, maybe 1 game, maybe a fine, i don't know. I'm more concerned about how the NBA will handle JR swinging his fist full speed at Crowder

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I say one for Perk, one max (and maybe zero) for Smith.

What? 

Any explanation?  ::)

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Roy , i have a legal question for you

If Crowder seriously injured his knee and suffered a concussion by a clearly deliberate act by JR Smith, could he end up suing Smith for any money he may potentially lose out on in free agency this year.

Smith could have literally took away millions from him if he is seriously injured ...

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
At least 2 games for JR, seems how he's a repeat offender. There was no attempt at a rebound even being made there by him.

That Perkins hit was above the shoulders as well, which warrants at least a one game suspension by the league. The fact that Perkins had just come into the game also shows why he was in there, as they usually will just play Tristan Thompson instead.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 08:01:31 PM »

Offline dark19tower123

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
1 for perk and 3/4 for Jr Smith.

Perk should've been tossed for his push to the throat of Crowder and then the altercation afterwards. Mistake by the officials.

Also. In my opinion, if they had thrown Perk out maybe the Jr Smith incident doesn't come to happen due to the refs keeping things in check. Probably not because he's a hothead, but maybe?

Anyone else catch Jr's Post game chat where he was basically saying it was an accident that he hit Jae and was just trying to box him out. A closed fist backwards punch landing square to Jae's face was no accident---

I hope the NBA gets this right with a 3-4 and maybe more games suspension. I'm just afraid because KING Lebron is on the team that they will go a bit lenient.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 08:10:08 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Zero. It's not JR Smith's fault Crowder got hurt. If you want to play at a top level then get ready to compete in physical games. Just like the KO play wasn't Olynyks fault. Scrub on scrub crime forget it.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I expect something light just 1 game.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
JR Smith is a scumbag.

Always has been, always will be.

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 08:30:23 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Crowder's mission was obviously to be as physical as possible with Lebron and to try to rattle him, so I'm not surprised that Cleveland in turn tried to goon him-- he took a lot of extracurricular stuff besides these two attacks. Good for him for not getting shaken.

I don't think Perkins gets a suspension on that. It was egregious, obviously intentional, and unsportsmanlike, but not dangerous. It's a joke that Crowder also got T'd for being on the receiving end. Perkins is also a joke, because the only reason he came into the game was to do this hockey stuff.

The spinning punch, though, was amazing. I haven't seen anything like that since MWP's elbow on James Harden. MWP got 7 games for that- I think that Smith ought to be in line for a similar punishment.

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 08:40:01 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
4-5 games but it should be more. Seriously, that was one of the worst punches in the NBA since Rudy Tomjanovich got his face rearranged in the 70s. It was cheap, it was obvious and it wasn't even the realm of being a plausible basketball play.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
If Smith still played for the Knicks they'd probably give him a couple of games, since it's for the Cavs....I don't know.

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think in the 3-5 range, but given that the NBA will do anything in its power to ensure Cleveland wins, I'm genuinely worried that they might go extremely light on the scumbag and give him just 1.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers