Author Topic: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"  (Read 35751 times)

Re: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Man if you think its a measure of fandom to be against "reckless" grabbing and holding you must have hated KG/Perkins/Pierce/Posey/Sheed/etc.

Anyone who remembers me from my earlier stretch here knows that I've got no problem with hard-nosed play.  This isn't about about being for, or against, reckless grabbing and holding.  It's about admitting what it was, instead of trying to act like nothing happened and Love is soft for being p---ed about getting his shoulder dislocated.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2015, 12:56:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Man if you think its a measure of fandom to be against "reckless" grabbing and holding you must have hated KG/Perkins/Pierce/Posey/Sheed/etc.

Anyone who remembers me from my earlier stretch here knows that I've got no problem with hard-nosed play.  This isn't about about being for, or against, reckless grabbing and holding.  It's about admitting what it was, instead of trying to act like nothing happened and Love is soft for being p---ed about getting his shoulder dislocated.
Eh it sucks it happened to him but if you don't mind hard-nosed play then I don't think I  would be upset he grabbed Love's arm to keep him from the loose ball.

I think Love is right to be upset he's hurt, he's an hypocrite because he arm bars every bit as much every dang game to get rebounds, he just hasn't hurt anyone doing so as its such an unlikely occurrence.

« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2015, 12:59:34 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Eh it sucks it happened to him but if you don't mind hard-nosed play then I don't think I  would be upset he grabbed Love's arm to keep him from the loose ball.

I think Love is right to be upset he's hurt, he's an hypocrite because he arm bars every bit as much every dang game to get rebounds, he just hasn't hurt anyone doing so as its such an unlikely occurrence.

Your post is a great example of what I'm talking about.  What people were using as an example of what Love does, and what K.O. did, for example, are not the same thing.  And calling Love a hypocrite for calling K.O., especially when K.O. has taken him out of the next series, out is the sort of thing that we'd all be bashing Cleveland fans for doing if the situations were reversed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:12:04 AM by Scintan »

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't blame Love for running off the court after his shoulder was pulled out of socket.  That is just the smart thing to do.  It has nothing to do with toughness.  I don't get the criticism of this.

I also sympathize with Love in that he was emotional after the game and blurted out some statements he probably shouldn't have (his coach did this too).  I don't 100% agree with what he was saying but I certainly understand that he was pizzed.

In terms of the actual altercation, the pictures that have been posted here show all the NBA should need to judge on this.  Love held Olynyk's arm first.  This could have been the end of it but the ball happened to go right over their head forcing them both to turn around and chase it (if the ball had gone to the other side of the court, that would have been the end of it).

Olynyk did grab on to his arm more than he needed to partly out of frustration that he had been held just a second earlier.  It seems to me that he pulled on his arm on purpose but his intent was to keep Love from getting the ball.

No one likes to play against someone like Olynyk who plays a kind of "goony" game.  He is not a "goon" per se but because of lack of talent, his game is goony sometimes.  Grabbing, clutching, reaching, pushing, whatever, all to make up for lack of talent.

This was not a totally clean play but I also would not call it dirty.  I don't think there is enough to base a suspension on.  Olynyk was trying to be "scrappy" but ended up being "goony".  You shouldn't be suspended for being goony by accident.

I don't get the criticism either.

Apparently you're suppose to keep playing basketball with a dislocated shoulder.

« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 As photos showed he got what he gave so after seeing those I know he was emotional but it was also hypocritical to a large degree.  He is no angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA4FIE0tOrs

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2015, 11:25:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't get the criticism either.

Apparently you're suppose to keep playing basketball with a dislocated shoulder.
Yeah that part I don't get either, its a serious injury.