Author Topic: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"  (Read 35882 times)

Re: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
it may not have been a basketball play, but I doubt Kelly "freakin" Olynyk the enforcer ::) meant to injure love. what are the odds you can even dislocate someones shoulder by tugging on someones arm?

what Perkins and JR Smith did were much worse...because they intentionally were trying to injure crowder.
Whether he intended to injure him or not, if it was a non-basketball play (which it appears to have been), I suspect KO will get suspended.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2015, 08:22:21 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Love's straight-down runaway to the locker-room and his whining post-game are simply new arguments proving he is not the answer for Boston moving forward, especially as a free-agent landing max money.

He was as "guilty" as Olynyk since both were tangled. Bad luck happens, get over it.

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
If KO boxes you out and injures you, you need to work on your rebounding skills and hit the gym.

Even Sully and Turner thought Love was nuts saying KO can't even box out.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am frankly embarrassed for Kevin Love.  He will never live this down; it is emblematic of how he has carried himself, on and off court, for his entire pro career.  Right now, he is the laughing stock of the NBA world.  If you don't believe that, just check out the reaction from around the league.  Maybe KL believes that Olynyk is some kind of brutal enforcer, the Mike Ehmentraut of the NBA (and Brad Stevens as Gus Fring!). 

"Hoisted by his own petard."  Rather ironic and amusing that the King of the Armlock wound up being injured precisely because someone used his own maneuver against him in reply.

Like all the things Pierce did? 

The head bandage playoff game?

The playoff game he was carried off the court only to return?

Those were things fans of other teams used to believe that Pierce was soft. 

Did those moments define Pierce's career?

Love got hurt.  He is out at least two weeks.  He is emotional about being removed from his first crack at the playoffs. 

Still want him on the Celtics next year.  He becomes their best low post offensive player and their best outside threat. 

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Every time I buy into Love more he does something I'm not sure about.  I really don't like his response here.  It doesn't fit Olynyk at all, a guy who we have seen get cheapshotted and not respond at all, like no reaction just stand there and then express no anger to the media.

Then telling Silver it would be just for him to punish Olynyk and he should quickly?  Really don't like the response.

I am a big LeBron fan and I really don't like the response to Crowder either.  I didn't like what Perk did and found it to be worse than you'd see from Perkins than when he was here.  Plus Smith.  Crowder really got beat up and for what?  Playing hard?  The Smith play in particular was by far the worst thing to happen on the day and the Perk one is probably next.  Perk even further instigated a fight and the refs just double teched.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:19 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I am frankly embarrassed for Kevin Love.  He will never live this down; it is emblematic of how he has carried himself, on and off court, for his entire pro career.  Right now, he is the laughing stock of the NBA world.  If you don't believe that, just check out the reaction from around the league.  Maybe KL believes that Olynyk is some kind of brutal enforcer, the Mike Ehmentraut of the NBA (and Brad Stevens as Gus Fring!). 

"Hoisted by his own petard."  Rather ironic and amusing that the King of the Armlock wound up being injured precisely because someone used his own maneuver against him in reply.

Love got hurt.  He is out at least two weeks.  He is emotional about being removed from his first crack at the playoffs. 

Still want him on the Celtics next year.  He becomes their best low post offensive player and their best outside threat.

Hope you don't mind, but I have reduced the acres of space in between each of your sentences.  Like many NBA offenses, you may need some work on your spacing...

Paul Pierce is not Kevin Love.  PP turned out to be something other than 'soft.'  KL has yet to manage that transformation, and I would have to say that after viewing his histrionics yesterday, it's unlikely that he ever will.  If you want a hilariously weak-minded poof like Kevin Love leading the Celts, that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't want him ruining the locker room atmosphere the way he did at Minny. 

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
So whats a 'Bush-League' anyway?

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Seconds before the "incident" :

Who instigated it then?

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Hope you don't mind, but I have reduced the acres of space in between each of your sentences.  Like many NBA offenses, you may need some work on your spacing...

Paul Pierce is not Kevin Love.  PP turned out to be something other than 'soft.'  KL has yet to manage that transformation, and I would have to say that after viewing his histrionics yesterday, it's unlikely that he ever will.  If you want a hilariously weak-minded poof like Kevin Love leading the Celts, that's your prerogative, but I wouldn't want him ruining the locker room atmosphere the way he did at Minny.

I never said Pierce was soft.  I am just pointing out two incidents in the playoffs that lead fans of other teams (and in the case of the head bandage, come Celtics fans) to question Pierce's toughness. 

A guys was legitimately injured and was angry about it.  That never happens. 

Therefore, he must be soft.  (also because he plays with Lebron)

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Love's straight-down runaway to the locker-room and his whining post-game are simply new arguments proving he is not the answer for Boston moving forward, especially as a free-agent landing max money.

Pretty sure his presence of mind was to get to trainer or Dr. asap -so there would be less damage to ligaments or muscle hence missing the least amount of time due to the injury. Not sure how you can fault him for that

Who instigated it then?
Ppl get tangled up all the times going for rebound. However this is what KO did

Clearly KO has a hold of his wrist, yanking it, and pushing down at the shoulder with full force using both his arms. That def is not a bball play in anyway shape or form or else ppl would be dislocating their arms while battling for rebounds all the time

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Pretty sure his presence of mind was to get to trainer or Dr. asap -so there would be less damage to ligaments or muscle hence missing the least amount of time due to the injury. Not sure how you can fault him for that

Yeah.  I got my shoulder dislocated, and was told that one of the key factors in reducing pain and aiding recovery is to get the shoulder back into place immediately.  Assuming that the shoulder was still out of joint, he did the smart thing.

Who instigated it then?

Clearly KO has a hold of his wrist, yanking it, and pushing down at the shoulder with full force using both his arms. That def is not a bball play in anyway shape or form or else ppl would be dislocating their arms while battling for rebounds all the time

It certainly looks dirty in those two still frames, but I think KO's intent was probably more to be physical -- and perhaps cause a little pain, who knows? -- instead of causing major injury.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

Yeah.  I got my shoulder dislocated, and was told that one of the key factors in reducing pain and aiding recovery is to get the shoulder back into place immediately.  Assuming that the shoulder was still out of joint, he did the smart thing.

Who instigated it then?

It certainly looks dirty in those two still frames, but I think KO's intent was probably more to be physical -- and perhaps cause a little pain, who knows? -- instead of causing major injury.
It looks dirty because it was.  I don't think he wanted to injure him, but he clearly pulled on his arm in a non-basketball play.  That is dirty no matter how you look at it.  And even in the supposed instigating play, I see KO's arm across the chest of Love from behind, which is a foul, is it not?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2015, 09:55:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I love what the Inside the NBA guys are saying about this situation. They're basically saying he'll regret saying that, because two of his teammates did worse stuff.  Also, they said its just playoff basketball, and they pointed out that Love was doing the exact same thing lol

Total non-issue. Ridiculous that this has been blown up like this. Every basketball analyst covering this issue has said the same thing, too.
I don't blame Love for saying/thinking that, just being emotional after a pretty serious injury. It happens.

Plenty of other arm bars, throw downs, and pushs in the back that happened that series. Love just got hurt on that one, bad luck for him.

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

I never said Pierce was soft.  I am just pointing out two incidents in the playoffs that lead fans of other teams (and in the case of the head bandage, come Celtics fans) to question Pierce's toughness. 

A guys was legitimately injured and was angry about it.  That never happens. 

Therefore, he must be soft.  (also because he plays with Lebron)

I am pointing out that you shouldn't attempt to conflate the cases of two
very different players.  No one is suggesting that he is 'soft' because he
was 'angry' about the injury, but I am asserting that he is 'soft' based on
the ever-whinging nature of his public behavior, as well as this particular
interview.  I couldn't care less that he plays with LeBron, but then I don't
have any particular animus toward LBJ, unlike many others. 

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

When Love gets stabbed multiple times and still plays a full season as a starter, or when he gets his teeth knocked out and still comes back and finishes the game, let me know.

- LilRip