Author Topic: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"  (Read 35756 times)

Re: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 08:58:17 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
It was a dirty play but because Olynyk is a Celtic, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Perkins play on Crowder was dirty as well and was in retaliation to what Olynyk did to Love.

Olynyk is not perfect, though some people think he is.

Really now? I'm pretty sure nobody on this blog would ever consider Olynyk to be "perfect" in any way.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2015, 09:15:25 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This is exactly why I have no interest in getting a guy like Love here, no matter how good a player he might be.  Sorry to say, but I'd rather root for a good group guy who work their buts off and play with a modest 'team first' attitude but get knocked out in the first or second round, rather than root for a group of guys who are good enough to contend but act like entitled whiny brats the entire way.   

I don't care how many championships a group of guy might win, I can't respect players like this.

Kevin Love should retire and take up a career in Golf, or perhaps Lawn Bowls.  He's been a whiny little brat pretty much his entire career and just doesn't seem to have the toughness to make it in a contact sport. 

IT's response: "We can say the same thing.  We're all men here.  We don't need to cry...It is what it is.  It's playoff basketball."

Haha love that quote!! Can't give IT a Tommy Point, so you get one for the quote!  ;D

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
This is exactly why I have no interest in getting a guy like Love here, no matter how good a player he might be.  Sorry to say, but I'd rather root for a good group guy who work their buts off and play with a modest 'team first' attitude but get knocked out in the first or second round, rather than root for a group of guys who are good enough to contend but act like entitled whiny brats the entire way.   

I don't care how many championships a group of guy might win, I can't respect players like this.

Kevin Love should retire and take up a career in Golf, or perhaps Lawn Bowls.  He's been a whiny little brat pretty much his entire career and just doesn't seem to have the toughness to make it in a contact sport. 

IT's response: "We can say the same thing.  We're all men here.  We don't need to cry...It is what it is.  It's playoff basketball."

Haha love that quote!! Can't give IT a Tommy Point, so you get one for the quote!  ;D

Yeah, Love is clearly in the wrong to point out a dirty play that could, theoretically, cost him, and his team, the NBA title.  Nobody else in the world would be doing that.

Well, except for pretty much every other human being on the planet.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have no idea if it was intentional.  If it was D. Wade doing it, I'd say yes, it was on purpose, because he has a track record.  With KO, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Love isn't in the wrong for pointing it out, though.  The Celtics have played physically the past two games, including making comments about how you needed to hit Lebron to slow him down.  If they read some intent into that, I understand; we'd be doing the exact same thing if it was in reverse.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

If you got your arm dislocated, of if the roles were reversed and Love did that to Olynyk, I am sure you'd be signing a different tune.

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Is Kelly Olynyk the newest Antoine or Rondo on Celticsblog? In 5 years, after we beat the Spurs in the NBA Finals and Olynyk leaves as a free agent, will there be threads started in which people subsequently comment, "I remember when that billy goat was in seek-and-destroy mode in 2015" and, "He was the softest, sweetest figurative marshmallow on our team for 8 years"?

I can see the article about Olynyk's legacy now-
Kelly Olynyk: Possibly Good at Math, Bad at Growing Facial Hair

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
One of the funniest things I've read from other posters from an other site, was that KO was the "enforcer"......

Maybe be is. He can be our new 3 and take out guy!  ;D

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2015, 09:31:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It was a dirty play but because Olynyk is a Celtic, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Perkins play on Crowder was dirty as well and was in retaliation to what Olynyk did to Love.

Really now? I'm pretty sure nobody on this blog would ever consider Olynyk to be "perfect" in any way.

No, but I feel Olynyk gets the benefit of the doubt a lot for some reason.

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Sorry message posted before I was ready to send.

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Apparently he's going to be out at least two weeks, which could really hurt the Cavs.

After hearing their team have the nads to complain about the officiating with their track record of favorable calls, I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Those entitled arses have no right to complain.

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68

Enough said.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Enough said.

Haha TP. Clearly this is a case of a horrible person performing some hideous action trying to get Love out of the game.  ::) Can dish it out but he can't take it! Granted, KO's shoulder didn't get dislocated in the process  ;D

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

No, but I feel Olynyk gets the benefit of the doubt a lot for some reason.

One of the main people on this team who doesn't get the benefit of doubt, Kelly Olynyk. I really don't know how you can argue that unless you visit this site once every 2 months and that might be a stretch.

Oh and if this is solely about benefit of doubt regarding injuring people or being dirty, you can't even make that claim because this is the only person he has injured. When have you seen KO involved in anything dirty that he has caused? LOL it's usually KO getting beat up or injured.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2015, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Yeah, Love is clearly in the wrong to point out a dirty play that could, theoretically, cost him, and his team, the NBA title.  Nobody else in the world would be doing that.

Well, except for pretty much every other human being on the planet.

It's one thing to say that a dirty play is dirty.  To say that it was a foul, and that KO was being unnecessarily physical. 

It's another thing entirely to claim that a player went out there and intentionally pulled your arm out of it's socket because he WANTED to injure you.

That's a disgraceful thing to say, and is exactly the type of comment I expect from a guy like Love, who has been an absolute whinger his entire career.

When Wade dislocated Rondo's arm, do I believe that he did that on purpose?  Absolutely not.  I believe that he pulled Rondo down on purpose (he was falling and clearly grabbed Rondo to try to stop his own fall), but do I believe that he was standing there thinking "This guy is frustrating me, I'm going to try and rip his arm out of it's socket"?  Of course not.  Was it a dirty play?  Absolutely.  He pulled Rondo down partially to stop his own fall, and probably partially to take one Celtic out of the play to give Miami the advantage - but I don't for a second believe he intended to hurt him. 

In fact I think Rondo basically said the same thing.  I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "it was a dirty play, but I don't think he intended to hurt me" or something.

Guys get hurt in the NBA, it happens...especially in the playoffs.  I can't think of the last time I heard a guy say "I think he intended to injure me".  That's just a horrible thing for a professional athlete to say about another. 

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
As the years go buy, being rational is thrown out the window more and more.

Homeristic views in every fact of life dominates now...

Im not saying either way on this, but I do know that all fans do is just find their narrative to benefit their team.

It really is that simple. Nothing more to it, rare to see people that "THINK" for you know....themselves....GEORGE CARLIN