Author Topic: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"  (Read 35849 times)

Re: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Guess he's not coming to Boston this summer

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I wish Kelly would come out and say "Dude if I was going to hurt someone on purpose it would have been LeBron, not some random spot up shooter". 

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I wish Kelly would come out and say "Dude if I was going to hurt someone on purpose it would have been LeBron, not some random spot up shooter".
major TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
That thug Brad Stevens must have ordered it, too. Is this the Boston Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons?

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
you guys are hilarious.  If that was dewayne wade and not KO, you guys would all have your torches and pitchforks out.

he didnt intend to injury him, but it was still a pretty cheap play. 

all that aside, still a non story to me.

Unless every foul that is committed is a "cheap" play, I don't understand how that is. I don't think DWade's foul on Rondo was as bad as everyone made it out to be either, and I've said that multiple times on here. Sometimes stuff just happens, but that doesn't make it a dirty play. The league is too soft anymore.

i didnt say it was dirty, i said it was cheap.  and i also said it was a nonstory.

if you felt the same way about the DWade incident, then disregard my post, but theres plenty of folks on here who would have had a coronary if that was Wade tugging on a celtics player.
The reason Wade would be questioned as having intentions to hurt a player if he did a similar thing is that he has actually tried to purposely hurt players before. He kicked a guy in the groin. He twice or three times has  come from behind and tackled a player going for a break away lay in. He grabbed and fell on Rondo's arm and dislocated it. All plays that showed purpose to injure.

Olynyk is a soft player that runs from contact and has never hurt a player before or shown any intent to do so.

I think there is a clear difference here.

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
you guys are hilarious.  If that was dewayne wade and not KO, you guys would all have your torches and pitchforks out.

he didnt intend to injury him, but it was still a pretty cheap play. 

all that aside, still a non story to me.

Unless every foul that is committed is a "cheap" play, I don't understand how that is. I don't think DWade's foul on Rondo was as bad as everyone made it out to be either, and I've said that multiple times on here. Sometimes stuff just happens, but that doesn't make it a dirty play. The league is too soft anymore.

i didnt say it was dirty, i said it was cheap.  and i also said it was a nonstory.

if you felt the same way about the DWade incident, then disregard my post, but theres plenty of folks on here who would have had a coronary if that was Wade tugging on a celtics player.
The reason Wade would be questioned as having intentions to hurt a player if he did a similar thing is that he has actually tried to purposely hurt players before. He kicked a guy in the groin. He twice or three times has  come from behind and tackled a player going for a break away lay in. He grabbed and fell on Rondo's arm and dislocated it. All plays that showed purpose to injure.

Olynyk is a soft player that runs from contact and has never hurt a player before or shown any intent to do so.

I think there is a clear difference here.

Tp
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
That thug Brad Stevens must have ordered it, too. Is this the Boston Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons?

Yeah I'd hate to meet this guy in a dark alley:

;D

But seriously I hope that KLove is joking, here.

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Literally just about every basketball analyst since this has happened has said that it wasn't bush-league or dirty.  They all agree that yes he did pull his arm, but what Olynyk did is something that happens in every game at every level, it was just unfortunate that this time around, Love dislocated his shoulder.

The TNT guys made a great point by pointing out that if you watch the play from the beginning, and I mean the VERY beginning, from when the shot was initially taken, Love actually did EXACTLY what Olynyk did...he just did it first.  It's clear as day.  That's why these people who are floating around a single screenshot from an entire 10 second moment are frauds.

Watch the play again from the time the shot was initially taken, and it's clear.  Love actually held the arm first.

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo shoulders.

KO's commin!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2015, 07:20:14 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2015, 07:23:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
1). Billy goats are hardly malicious creatures. ;) ;D

2). Love locked Nolynyk's arm in the first place, so how was he supposed to free himself without pulling his arm strongly away?  I have no sympathy for the beach boy, anyway, especially after he says that we were 'mucking up' the game in the prior contests. ::) Really, Kevin?  I don't have enough time to explain how wrong he is on that one, lol. ;D Ugh.

3). If he's looking for bush-league plays that were committed on purpose, he need only look at the two guys on his own team, lol. ;D That thug move by Perk perfectly illustrated why I never liked him in the first place, and he should have been ejected, because there's no place for that in basketball.  As for JR Smith, I can hardly say that I'm surprised, although that was still horrible to see.  Obviously, da Cavs are all about dat thug life ;) ;D.

4). I especially liked Lebron's postgame interview where he said that the sequence in question was 'not a basketball play,' and that Isaiah Thomas' tipping the ball away from him while still out of bounds, which was hilarious, lol ;D, should have, according to the rule book ::), resulted in a technical foul.  I'd love to see Lebron's rule book - I bet that it's written in pencil, ahaha. ;) ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ7Myy7Hpxw

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2015, 07:36:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I love that after 2 straight seasons of getting attacked (mostly accurately) for being soft, a sizable chunk of NBA fans now mainly think of Olynyk as a dirty player. 

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 07:42:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Looked like accident to me

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2015, 07:47:38 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
IT's response: "We can say the same thing.  We're all men here.  We don't need to cry...It is what it is.  It's playoff basketball."

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It did cross my mind that that could have been intentional, but I'm giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt.

So in about on second to made the decisive decision ?

......I think I can dislocate Loves shoulder ......it was not pre meditated ......

Was he trying to tie Love up...frustrate him yes...let him know he wasn't backing down yes ...planned NO.

That's not premeditated ...as love claimed

Love ...the guy who purposely kicked Blake in the nads and was caught red handed doing it on TV

KO doesn't have a mean none in him to plan something like that .....totally silly.