Author Topic: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"  (Read 35855 times)

Re: Love says KO play was "bush-league" and "on purpose"
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I guess that means love is not signing with the celtics this offseason

Not necessarily. Especially if we hopefully ship Olynyk off in a trade.

Not sure shipping KO would matter. Blatt just said that the injury happened because the refs been letting Cs get away with way too much physical play. That physical pay was obviously ok'd by the Cs coach. You can bet your ass Klove feels the say way too.

If the injury ends up cost Klove/Cavs in the PO, he will def look at Cs as the team that cost him a legit chance at a title through dirty tactics. Highly doubt he will entertain going there. Cs probably dont want him anyway and chances of getting him were probably very miniscule but i'd say its pretty much zero chance now he even considers there

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Of course he thinks so.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

No just the opposite ...LeBron kick him off the team for being a sissy and crying foul....

Not likely, Lebron is just as sissy himself.

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I hope Olynyk didn't do it on purpose and I don't think he did but I can't blame Love for being upset.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2015, 11:12:30 PM »

Offline shrinkage36

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
This is playoff basketball, something Love isn't used too. He would have left the court in tears had he met the 90's Pistons, or any 90's playoff team. Anyways, he was locked up with KO trying to push KO with his left arm and KO fought back. If this means he takes a shoulder with him, so be it.

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2015, 11:28:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He wasn't coming here anyways,  but I do have a bridge I would sell you cheaply, if you think he was coming here.

I watched the presser and IT comments about being men and Sully's face were definite slights to Kevin Love.   You could tell they thought he was a joke with the way he acted.

Who knew KO had a little Dwade in him?  Love would have not got hurt had KO kept his arms up.   KO did pin his arm a bit but Love didn't help when he jerked away like he did.   That is when it happened so a lot of this is on him.

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2015, 11:28:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i missed the game. does anyone have a video of the crime?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2015, 11:36:26 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12772212

Kevin Love to miss a minimum of two weeks.

Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah are going to be having field days together.  ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2015, 12:09:06 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Love is an overpaid whiny boy. Sounds like him and Rondo would be a perfect fit in LALALAND.

And the Lakers continue to be the highest paid underachieving team in the West.

Perkins in Cleveland - now that is a marriage made in heaven.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/does--bush-league--play-complicate-love--celtics--mutual-free-agent-intrigue--023954774.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

If it would make Kevin Love more likely to sign here I think the C's would trade KO immediately.

Agreed.

I know there's not much love for Love on these boards but he would immediately become the best player on this current roster. I'm having a hard time fitting another 2015 FA on this team that would make sense as it's currently constructed. Of course, I got attached to our guys and don't wanna lose any of them.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2015, 12:27:57 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/does--bush-league--play-complicate-love--celtics--mutual-free-agent-intrigue--023954774.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

If it would make Kevin Love more likely to sign here I think the C's would trade KO immediately.

Ugghhh.

I do think he'll soften his stance a bit on it after some time, because why would he really think someone was trying to hurt him in that matter? Nevertheless, if it costs the Cavs in the Bulls series (which it looks like it will), he very well may be tempted to stay another season there because of unfinished business.

I still hold that it was just an accident with nothing malicious by KO.

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2015, 12:29:24 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
This is exactly why I have no interest in getting a guy like Love here, no matter how good a player he might be.  Sorry to say, but I'd rather root for a good group guy who work their buts off and play with a modest 'team first' attitude but get knocked out in the first or second round, rather than root for a group of guys who are good enough to contend but act like entitled whiny brats the entire way.   

I don't care how many championships a group of guy might win, I can't respect players like this.

Kevin Love should retire and take up a career in Golf, or perhaps Lawn Bowls.  He's been a whiny little brat pretty much his entire career and just doesn't seem to have the toughness to make it in a contact sport. 

IT's response: "We can say the same thing.  We're all men here.  We don't need to cry...It is what it is.  It's playoff basketball."

Haha love that quote!! Can't give IT a Tommy Point, so you get one for the quote!  ;D

Yeah, Love is clearly in the wrong to point out a dirty play that could, theoretically, cost him, and his team, the NBA title.  Nobody else in the world would be doing that.

Well, except for pretty much every other human being on the planet.

It's one thing to say that a dirty play is dirty.  To say that it was a foul, and that KO was being unnecessarily physical. 

It's another thing entirely to claim that a player went out there and intentionally pulled your arm out of it's socket because he WANTED to injure you.

That's a disgraceful thing to say, and is exactly the type of comment I expect from a guy like Love, who has been an absolute whinger his entire career.

When Wade dislocated Rondo's arm, do I believe that he did that on purpose?  Absolutely not.  I believe that he pulled Rondo down on purpose (he was falling and clearly grabbed Rondo to try to stop his own fall), but do I believe that he was standing there thinking "This guy is frustrating me, I'm going to try and rip his arm out of it's socket"?  Of course not.  Was it a dirty play?  Absolutely.  He pulled Rondo down partially to stop his own fall, and probably partially to take one Celtic out of the play to give Miami the advantage - but I don't for a second believe he intended to hurt him. 

In fact I think Rondo basically said the same thing.  I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "it was a dirty play, but I don't think he intended to hurt me" or something.

Guys get hurt in the NBA, it happens...especially in the playoffs.  I can't think of the last time I heard a guy say "I think he intended to injure me".  That's just a horrible thing for a professional athlete to say about another.

Video of the play supports Love's claim.  You can say that it supports a deliberate action that was not intended to injure, if you wish, but there's no question that KO did what he did on purpose, and that he was clearly doing so in a way that could easily result in injury.  He didn't just lock down on the arm, after all.  He clearly pulled on it, as well.  KO's only defense is to claim he was stumbling.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2015, 12:31:37 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Agreed.

I know there's not much love for Love on these boards but he would immediately become the best player on this current roster. I'm having a hard time fitting another 2015 FA on this team that would make sense as it's currently constructed. Of course, I got attached to our guys and don't wanna lose any of them.

Deuces KO

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2015, 12:36:43 AM »

Offline sh_touttahere

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Shaq defending Olynyk and Chuck calling the cavs dirty right now