Author Topic: Enjoying yourselves Anti-Tankers?  (Read 12790 times)

Re: Enjoying yourselves Anti-Tankers?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 04:24:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sure did. Great series. Loved every minute of it. This entire season was awesome. Last year was hell for me.
Too be fair, people on this forum are now acting like Marcus smart is some untouchable golden child (he isn't... He's probably our best chance of trading for a real star).   We wouldn't have smart had we not tanked last season.  So those few months of slightly worse basketball netted either one of the cornerstones of our franchise or a cornerstone of our next big trade.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
More than happy with this season.  But then again, I'm a fan a of actual basketball and not just the GM mode on NBA2K15.

Mike

A fan of being antagonistic with fellow Celtics fans, too.

Some of these people may be Celtics fans, but they're not fans of the sport, competition, struggle or sportsmanship.  They're fans of winning and of finding ways to rig the game so winning becomes easy.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
This thread should get exactly what happened to JR Smith today.  It's stuff like this that brings this site down to new lows.

We are Celtics fans.  Brad Stevens coaches to win.  Danny makes trades to develop this team into a winner.  And 1997 proved to REAL Celtics fans that tanking guarantees nothing...

This thread is a joke...

What does making the NBA playoffs as a fringe team guarantee? Less than nothing. Has a 7th or 8th seed EVER won the championship?

I would of taken the half a percent chance at a top 3 pick by not making the playoffs than squeezing in. At least then you have an actual chance. The NBA is flawed in that it is a game built around stars. If you do not have stars or multiple exceptionally good players you have nothing.

I love the Celtics as much as anyone that's why I want them to land the next anthony davis and actually develop into a championship team. This is Boston, not Sacremento. It is championship or bust.

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
This thread should get exactly what happened to JR Smith today.  It's stuff like this that brings this site down to new lows.

We are Celtics fans.  Brad Stevens coaches to win.  Danny makes trades to develop this team into a winner.  And 1997 proved to REAL Celtics fans that tanking guarantees nothing...

This thread is a joke...

What does making the NBA playoffs as a fringe team guarantee? Less than nothing. Has a 7th or 8th seed EVER won the championship?

I would of taken the half a percent chance at a top 3 pick by not making the playoffs than squeezing in. At least then you have an actual chance. The NBA is flawed in that it is a game built around stars. If you do not have stars or multiple exceptionally good players you have nothing.

I love the Celtics as much as anyone that's why I want them to land the next anthony davis and actually develop into a championship team. This is Boston, not Sacremento. It is championship or bust.

An Anthony Davis comes around once every 5 years. If you tank and finish last, that only gives you a 25% chance at staying #1. So you have to wait for the right year for there to be a superstar, and then even if you tank perfectly and finish last, you're still most likely not gonna get the #1 pick. Then you have to wait another 5 years and try again, when it will in all likelyhood not work again.

How/why the hell are you willing to do that?

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
More than happy with this season.  But then again, I'm a fan a of actual basketball and not just the GM mode on NBA2K15.

Mike

A fan of being antagonistic with fellow Celtics fans, too.

Some of these people may be Celtics fans, but they're not fans of the sport, competition, struggle or sportsmanship.  They're fans of winning and of finding ways to rig the game so winning becomes easy.

Mike

As a sport I do think that the NBA is very flawed. Referees decide WAY too much of the game. and there are waaay too many fouls. I'm curious to what you mean by rigging the game? I dont want the celtics to intentionally lose, I want Ainge to put them in the position to accumulate assets be it trades or lottery picks. And then cash in the assets and load up. And all the other stuff you mentioned is not dependent on tanking...You can be a good sport if you are on a bad team. You can compete hard if you are on a bad team...And of course you inherently struggle if you are on a bad team. I appreciate all that just as much as the next guy

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell

This thread is a joke...

An Anthony Davis comes around once every 5 years. If you tank and finish last, that only gives you a 25% chance at staying #1. So you have to wait for the right year for there to be a superstar, and then even if you tank perfectly and finish last, you're still most likely not gonna get the #1 pick. Then you have to wait another 5 years and try again, when it will in all likelyhood not
work again.

How/why the hell are you willing to do that?

That was one example. Every draft has at least one or two franchise players. Last year was Parker and Wiggins, year before that was Nerlens Noel, Year before that was Anthony Davis, Damian Lilliard, and Andre Drummond. You cant win championships drafting Kelly Olynyks every year.It also doesnt matter if the actual player is valuable.

A top 3 pick is inherently very very valuable in the NBA. You can use it to trade for a Kevin Love.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Yes, I enjoyed it immensely.  Getting a win would have been nice, but I'm proud of these guys, and I'm proud to support the Boston Celtics. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 04:41:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
SMH with this nonsense.  :P

This team has already bottomed out. That ship has sailed.  People need to get over it.  They're not going to be tanking in the foreseeable future. It's over.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 04:43:17 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
This thread should be titled

"Enjoying yourselves Tankers?" because a lot of the tankers on this board were pulling hard for a sweep here and now they are reaping the benefits.

I mean OP is basically giddy that we got swept.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13

"Enjoying yourselves Tankers?" because a lot of the tankers on this board were pulling hard for a sweep here and now they are reaping the benefits.

I know, right? It's pretty sad. OP was probably rooting for the Cavs all series long just so he could hop on here and make this thread. Great job, dude. Congratulations.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

This thread is a joke...

This is the type of backwards logic that makes everyone hate tankers and makes nobody take you seriously.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

This thread is a joke...

Yeah, it's impossible to get stars like Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Marc Gasol, Tony Parker or Draymond Green unless you tank for them. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
The team would have been better off not making the playoffs.  Unfortunately, they play in the East.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I thoroughly enjoy not being the 76ers or the Pacers or the Bobcats or whatever loser du jour you want. The Knicks. Ew

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I know, right? It's pretty sad. OP was probably rooting for the Cavs all series long just so he could hop on here and make this thread. Great job, dude. Congratulations.

And then he has to audacity to apologize for the thread, while at the same time clicking post and creating the thread....  We all know you're not sorry, you're not fooling anybody.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale