Author Topic: So... What lessons did we learn?  (Read 13331 times)

Re: So... What lessons did we learn?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I also learned that outside of Smart and Crowder, any of these guys can be traded. As well as Brad Stevens is the man.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
C's need to sell off what they can (IT, AB, Sully, KO, Zeller, Turner) for picks in 2016. Focus on drafting Simmons or Lab. C's need to push 16 and 28 for WCS. Draft Tyler Harvey at 33.

Smart, Harvey, Young, Labissiere, WCS.

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Smart is a keeper. Crowder is a keepr. Thomas is a bench spark plug so I hope he's ok with that. Everyone else should be available.

Agreed.

It was a good and unexpected run. Now, the pressure is on Ainge to make additions to this team to get it to 50 wins next year. None of this 'step back' nonsense from the perpetual rebuilding fans.

It's time to define the foundation, keep it and add to it.

All good and well.

I'm interested to hear your ideas on how this roster can be refashioned into a 50 win team this summer.
such a solution may require heavy drinking.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I also learned that outside of Smart and Crowder, any of these guys can be traded. As well as Brad Stevens is the man.
isnt crowder a free agent ?

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 04:20:43 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Restricted

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
As opposed to counting the keepers, of which there are few, maybe none, let's count the cancers: None. There's no player we have to get rid of. Every likely player left on the roster for next season could be useful in at least a limited role. So, like, maybe Olynyk or Turner or Bradley or Sullinger (or whoever) aren't cut out to be stars or even starters, but it's not like they totally suck. Whichever players we send out to get a bona fide force, the ones left over will still be useful in a rotation. Even if we trade 3-4 of our best players, we'll still have depth. We'll still have a great coach. And to boot, all those players are young enough to improve with another year of his coaching. Lesson is: We're in a good place, and moving in the right direction.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Smart is a keeper. Crowder is a keepr. Thomas is a bench spark plug so I hope he's ok with that. Everyone else should be available.

Agreed.

It was a good and unexpected run. Now, the pressure is on Ainge to make additions to this team to get it to 50 wins next year. None of this 'step back' nonsense from the perpetual rebuilding fans.

It's time to define the foundation, keep it and add to it.

All good and well.

I'm interested to hear your ideas on how this roster can be refashioned into a 50 win team this summer.

Sign Greg Monroe.

Replace Jerebko with Harrell in the draft.

Healthy, in-shape Sully.

Marcus make the kind of improvement most guys do after their rookie year.

James Young improves enough to get consistent minutes and helps space the floor.

Mike

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Restricted
How much is he getting on the open market?  Retaining him might eat into our cap space. If we want to sign a max contract or a couple impact players, we may be forced to let bass, jerebko and crowder walk.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2015, 04:30:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Not many teams get to test their young players in the postseason in year two.

Smart is clearly more AB's replacement than our starting ball handler.

Sully is a real player, as is Crowder.

Zeller has a future in the league. Wish he were stronger.

IT4 simply doesn't have the size to defend. Regular season minutes sponge, but that's it.

It's worth it to test guys in a playoff series. It just is.

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »

Offline Jferrari401

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
- Size and talent wins in the playoffs
- The Celtics are a small-ball perimeter team that can't shoot
- The best players on the Celtics can't consistently get good shots against even a mediocre defensive playoff opponent.
- Bradley and Turner are wholly inadequate as starting options on the wing
- Bass and Zeller get overwhelmed by physically superior opponents

Disappointed in Bradley's shot selection.

Zeller and Kelly are soft finesse bigs

Bass is what he is.

Brad can coach.

Isaiah is a great option off the bench only.

I don't think that Thomas has to be limited to a bench player. His last two games of the season were two of his worst shooting wise, but let's not forget how great he was for most of his time here. Also have to take into account how easy it was for the Cavs to game plan for him, being the only scorer on the team. If you look back to when he started on the Kings, it was much harder to plan for Isaiah because everyone was so worried about Cousins. I would make getting a second go to scorer a huge priority this offseason to help ease the load on IT.
I told the driver Lenny swing me by the garden I gotta talk to Pat
Showed him some stacks
Then showed him the gat like ‘you’re gonna miss the finger roll right?’
Yes, Mr. Baklava

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sully playing so many minutes down the stretch, told me we're in dire need of a good center. I just seems Stevens had little faith in Zeller. We need an athletic, long, rim protecting, center, from some somewhere, draft or free agency.

The Celtic organization has to decide if a "well conditioned" Sully is the future starting power forward. If he is, it would make thinks much easier this off season. Find an athletic backup for him at PF that can defend.

Find some scoring besides IT all the time. Again...through the draft or FA, a wing player or two that can score would make a world of difference on this team.

This alone should get us in the playoffs again, in better position to make some noise. 

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Restricted
How much is he getting on the open market?  Retaining him might eat into our cap space. If we want to sign a max contract or a couple impact players, we may be forced to let bass, jerebko and crowder walk.

I don't know what he'll cost, but I watch a guy like Draymond Green play a starring role for the best team in basketball, and it makes me think I'd be willing to see the Celtics spend some money to retain Jae Crowder.

Now, if somebody offers him something silly like over $10million a year, that would be tough to match.  Who's going to offer him that, though?  Contenders can't afford to pay that to a guy a like Crowder (plus, most of them already have a guy like that), and rebuilding teams are looking for potential stars, not highly paid glue guys.

I think we can get him back at a reasonable rate.  Something like six or seven per year for three or four years would make me happy. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Sully Crowder and Smart have "it" even though IT4 had a terrible series hes got it too.

KO, AB, Zeller,Turner should be shopped heavily this off season but certainly not given away.

Bring back Crowder unless he gets really expensive, make an offer at Jerebko

good bye Brandon Bass, good bye Gigi.

Wed probably be in slightly better shape had we the 9th draft odds but we would know a lot less about some of our guys. Knowledge is important.

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
That we should tank next year and trade our entire team and picks for a star.

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 04:40:16 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
It seems to me that being a team mate of IT4 would be a wearing experience, I can envision him being one of those guys who bounces from team to team and ends up playing on 6-8 teams when his career is all said and done, gets his numbers, but not much else.