Author Topic: This is embarassing  (Read 5931 times)

This is embarassing
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Now can the anti tankers see exactly what the Celtics future is unless they do the right thing and tank? This is just brutal to watch this team get destroyed all series. Would have rather seen the Pacers meet this fate.

Re: This is embarassing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Because this team has no chance whatsoever to improve in the future unless they go hinkie on the tank, right...?  ::)

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 01:54:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
They put in such a great showing in the last two games effort wise. It's a shame so many players didn't really come to play today.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yup.

Bummer.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Not as embarrassing as tanking or being a 76 ers fan

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
How is it embarrassing?  The Cavs are so much more talented and experienced than this Celtics team.

It is pretty impressive that they've managed to avoid being beaten by 15+ points in 4 straight games.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ya because losing 3 competitive games and one blowout to a top 3 NBA team is embarassing but its not embarassing to get routinely blown out by average teams and trying to lose as much as possible for years.

If theres one word that doesnt work in defense of tanking its calling trying to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing win embarassing.

Tanking is embarassing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:19:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They put in such a great showing in the last two games effort wise. It's a shame so many players didn't really come to play today.

That's not really what I've seen.  It looks like the opposite, to me.  The Cavs came focused and ready to press their advantages.  Compared to the first three games, the Cavs have looked ready to dominate an inferior opponent from the opening tip, and that's more or less what they've done.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Nah. We're going to get better. We're gonna make some signings, get lottery picks from Brooklyn who will basically be the team tanking for us so we don't have to, and we're gonna get a lot better.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Now can the anti tankers see exactly what the Celtics future is unless they do the right thing and tank? This is just brutal to watch this team get destroyed all series. Would have rather seen the Pacers meet this fate.

i was fine with NOT tanking as long as we dumped vets and let kids play. we did that. problem now is we have way too many role players. we now have to package picks and players for help now. determine who is good enough to stay on team for future. if we cannot use players and picks to get proven players we had best get lucky in the lotto or it is back to tanking and back to square one.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We played them tougher than I thought we would.  The fact that we only lost by 8 a couple times is pretty amazing.   8 points is a clear victory, but it sure could have been worse.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
There is a huge differance between tanking (ie Philly) and competing with what you have (celtics last year).

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »

• Ray Allen

i was fine with NOT tanking as long as we dumped vets and let kids play. we did that. problem now is we have way too many role players. we now have to package picks and players for help now. determine who is good enough to stay on team for future. if we cannot use players and picks to get proven players we had best get lucky in the lotto or it is back to tanking and back to square one.
Yea, unless we get lucky in this draft and next years we will be in purgatory. Also we have to clear room and make trades. Last we need to take on contracts and do what we did with Zeller/Lin, etc

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »

• Ray Allen
We played them tougher than I thought we would.  The fact that we only lost by 8 a couple times is pretty amazing.   8 points is a clear victory, but it sure could have been worse.
I'm having serious headaches knowing that Towns is 100% off the table for us.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Hold your horses this one ain't over yet ;D