Author Topic: Meyers Leonard  (Read 3260 times)

Re: Meyers Leonard
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
People are obsessed with former first round picks here.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

He's having a heck of a first half tonight. Hasn't missed from the floor, draining threes, bullet dimes, forcing turnovers on the perimeter.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

He's having a heck of a first half tonight. Hasn't missed from the floor, draining threes, bullet dimes, forcing turnovers on the perimeter.

He probably isn't even better than the players we have though.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 12:11:47 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Same draft class as Zeller, taken a few slots ahead. I think Leonard is quicker, stronger and more athletic. Range to three. Still just as prone to inconsistent and unfocused play.

I think I'd take Leonard over Zeller, and definitely take him over Olynyk.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 12:27:26 AM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

Same draft class as Zeller, taken a few slots ahead. I think Leonard is quicker, stronger and more athletic. Range to three. Still just as prone to inconsistent and unfocused play.

I would look at other players that are better first. Leonard is pretty good but even if he is better than what we have (which is debatable) it would not be a huge upgrade. Also Olynyk is 4 and Leonard is a 5 so I wouldn't compare Leonard to Olynyk or Sully or any of our 4s. I do like that he is a center that shoots 3s though.

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 12:58:08 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I like koufos better

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 04:41:37 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

I would look at other players that are better first. Leonard is pretty good but even if he is better than what we have (which is debatable) it would not be a huge upgrade. Also Olynyk is 4 and Leonard is a 5 so I wouldn't compare Leonard to Olynyk or Sully or any of our 4s. I do like that he is a center that shoots 3s though.

This is one of the most clear examples of low floor vs high ceiling you could imagine. Same draft class. Both starting to find their way in rotations. Zeller produces more than Leonard esentially spamming low difficulty plays and executing them at a high level. His strong motor and years of developed intangibles -Tyler Zeller was essentially the highest profile player in one of the biggest basketball markets growing up - have allowed him to slice out a developed role to bring to the right system. But what if Meyers Leonard can bring more?

If this series has taught the team anything its that the easy buckets go away in the playoffs. Evan Turner runs into the brick wall that is the best player in the league.  Isiah Thomas cant drive like he's alone on the court. Tyler Zeller can't slice lanes with impunity. You really do need to have players who can make plays that are unguardable. Alley oops. High release three point shots. Touch the sky blocks. Meyers Leonard is capable of making all of these plays and these are the plays that you can't take away.

Can he execute these plays enough to justify moving on from Zeller's half court cherry picking? That's the question. Regardless I'm not so sure Portland will let him walk if they lose Aldridge this offseason. Let's not forget that Leonard's was being compared to David Robinson physically during the draft process.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:55 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
his game today vs memphis was pretty good- I had no idea he was such a good three point shooter. I think they said 42% during the regular season from 3? Wow.

He's a bit like a rich man's Matt Bonner but with some athleticism. Almost zero offense except he can shoot the rock and has some solid finishing with strength and dunks around the rim when utilizing his size and speed on the pick and roll.

I'm just not sure he's got the IQ, but could be a late bloomer.
At one stage he was looking like a straight bust, but these playoffs he's looked like he could turn into a solid NBA role player.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.