Author Topic: Who is your favorite prospect after the lottery you would like to draft?  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I would personally love RHJ because he's a high floor player with a medium/high ceiling. He's a terrific and versatile defender who is unselfish and has a high motor. Excellent size, long arms and he can draw many fouls  (7FTA per game per 40mins . He's very athletic and explosive and I think he's the best lock down defender in the whole draft. His major concern it's his shooting but his mechanics can be fixed.

He's a DA type of guy and he fits in Stevens' system because he can guard 1-4, he can handle the ball, his IQ is solid and plays an uptempo game and in transition . Reminds me of Wallace and MKG. He's physical and plays like a Celtic.Think about our perimeter defense Smart-AB-Jefferson Smart-AB-Jefferson!

Which is your favorite prospect after the lottery would you like to draft?

I agree with you, RHJ is my guy in this draft. I was really high on him last year and feel the same way this year. He is a tough guy to figure out system fit because of his shooting issues but everything else is there. I would not be shocked to see a team (including the Cs) fall in love with his physical profile and elite D and take him in the top 20. Kawi Leonard was a better shooters coming out of college but not that much better, this may give teams the idea that they can fix him an have a stud.

My second guy would be Harrell. He is a great example of the new NBA defensive big man who is super and can both switch on the P&R as well as give some rim protection. I see him as a lock to be the 3rd big on a good defensive team. Sort of a T Gibson type player.

That's why I said that RHJ might have high potential if he improves his shooting other than that he's NBA ready. Forgot about Harrell last year I wanted the Cs to take him because of his intensity and motor that reminds of KG. But if Harrell ia gone I would try to draft Cliff Alexander.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Montrezl Harrell.  Christian Wood is interesting, but can he not do something about his body?  Maybe someday he could be like Marcus Camby?

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cliff Alexander makes me think of Thomas Robinson.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson as well
i completely agree with your assessment except i doubt the high ceiling you have labelled him with
i think he is definitely a good player just with a medium ceiling

outside of RHJ I like:
Christian Wood
George Lucas
Dakari Johnson
Guillermo Hernangomez

I like those players too in particular Christan Wood because of his combination of size, length, athleticism. He's a superb rim protector and shooting ability.

Regarding RHJ I would say that his ceiling is high if he learns ti shoots consistently  (35-36 3pt %) because he is very aggressive and also, I would say he's an underrated passer.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1-V3ngYKs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KgSMXjHyCdI

I still think at best RHJ is a starter at best
even if he shoots more consistently 

I like wood cuz all what u said plus he should be able to gain more weight easily which would allow more chances for him to develop his post game

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
Montrelz Harrell he is very athletic and we need that sorely

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
What about this 19yo 6'8" SF shooting 56% on 2pts, 42% on 3pts and 77% FTs, while pulling in 8 boards a game in Greece?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Aleksandar-Vezenkov-6429/
Vezenkov declared yesterday. I've watched Sasho grow up as a player and as fellow Bulgarian, I'd love to see him in green. Very hardworking, skilled, extremely loyal to the organization he belongs to. Obvious potential offensively, very good nose for the ball too - top 3 in the Greek league in rebounding.

However, he would need a significant work on his body to be effective in the NBA. The training staff would need to either have him bulk up and be a small ball stretch 4 or work on his foot speed and have him play the 3. Still 19 so there is hope.

In Aris and in the Bulgarian national team he plays almost exclusively the 4. In a recent interview when asked which position he prefers he answered the 4 immediately and added Mirotic as a role model.
He could be a good pickup with our 2nd or 3rd pick. He looks like he has really long arms and a good frame, so PF is a real possibility for him. Which is good because he looks really unathletic-- he won't be able to guard SF's. But a package of length, excellent shooting and rebounding could be worthwhile in the late 1st.
I wonder what his reach really is. He is a really skilled rebounder on European level, so PF might be his best position.

Vezenkov has received an offer from Barcelona for next season. With so many picks, he might be the ideal draft and stash. Barcelona is a very, very good team to further develop his skills and body, before coming over.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:07:41 AM by krumeto »
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

After the lottery, I think Harrell is the only sure thing. He's my favorite.

We know all the stories with Robert Upshaw, but kids grow up to be men. We have so many picks to spend that I think it would be foolish to pass on him.

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I'm on board with Harell with the Cs pick or the Clips pick. He seem to be falling in the draft due to all the guys coming out. Yes he's undersized, but super long wing span, athletic, and plays so dam hard. Reminds me of Faried.

Love to see Danny trade up and draft Winslow, not sure that's possible.

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
I'm on board with Harell with the Cs pick or the Clips pick. He seem to be falling in the draft due to all the guys coming out. Yes he's undersized, but super long wing span, athletic, and plays so dam hard. Reminds me of Faried.

Love to see Danny trade up and draft Winslow, not sure that's possible.

Can Harrell protect the rim? He seems like it but can't confirm and he has the ability to be an effective pick and roll player on both sides of the ball. He brings a lot of energy on any team.

I would love to have Winslow, but I agree that it is unlikely. But Stanley Johnson might be a guy that we can trade up for if he slips a bit.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

We know all the stories with Robert Upshaw, but kids grow up to be men. We have so many picks to spend that I think it would be foolish to pass on him.

Harrell is realllly not a sure thing. He has some upside with his athleticism, but he's the dreaded C in a PF body-- which is the classic mold of a player who can't translate his college game to the pros. I'd be happy to pick him in the 2nd round.

Re: Upshaw, he clearly has skill, but with our lack of veteran leadership in the locker room, I don't think this is a place where he can reform his ways. He was dismissed from school not once but twice.......

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Christian Wood/UNLV
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Harrell is realllly not a sure thing. He has some upside with his athleticism, but he's the dreaded C in a PF body-- which is the classic mold of a player who can't translate his college game to the pros. I'd be happy to pick him in the 2nd round.

Re: Upshaw, he clearly has skill, but with our lack of veteran leadership in the locker room, I don't think this is a place where he can reform his ways. He was dismissed from school not once but twice.......

When I say "sure thing," I do mean only that he'll stick in the NBA. Not that he'll be an above average player. Do you agree with me that he's a sure thing in that sense?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Andrew Harrison from Kentucky. Yeah people are claiming he is more a second round pick but I think he has what it takes to make it as a very good SG in the NBA and so would be a great value late in the first or early in the second.

Another guard I like in the second round is BC PG Olivier Hanlan. Kid can shoot, handle the ball and rebound very well for a guard and just needs to improve his court vision and passing some to be a Very good NBA player.

For the first round late I think my sleeper pick would be Christian Wood. He is tall and long and rebounds extremely well, which usually translates over to the NBA.

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
At 16, I would be super excited for Trey Lyles.

Anderson seems like he could be a good role player for us, too.
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kevon Looney, for certain.  After that, Bobby Portis and Delon Wright.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain