Author Topic: Who is your favorite prospect after the lottery you would like to draft?  (Read 14606 times)

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would personally love RHJ because he's a high floor player with a medium/high ceiling. He's a terrific and versatile defender who is unselfish and has a high motor. Excellent size, long arms and he can draw many fouls  (7FTA per game per 40mins . He's very athletic and explosive and I think he's the best lock down defender in the whole draft. His major concern it's his shooting but his mechanics can be fixed.

He's a DA type of guy and he fits in Stevens' system because he can guard 1-4, he can handle the ball, his IQ is solid and plays an uptempo game and in transition . Reminds me of Wallace and MKG. He's physical and plays like a Celtic.Think about our perimeter defense Smart-AB-Jefferson Smart-AB-Jefferson!

Which is your favorite prospect after the lottery would you like to draft?

I agree with you, RHJ is my guy in this draft. I was really high on him last year and feel the same way this year. He is a tough guy to figure out system fit because of his shooting issues but everything else is there. I would not be shocked to see a team (including the Cs) fall in love with his physical profile and elite D and take him in the top 20. Kawi Leonard was a better shooters coming out of college but not that much better, this may give teams the idea that they can fix him an have a stud.

My second guy would be Harrell. He is a great example of the new NBA defensive big man who is super and can both switch on the P&R as well as give some rim protection. I see him as a lock to be the 3rd big on a good defensive team. Sort of a T Gibson type player.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
Trey Lyles

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Heres to hoping for a slip, I would LOVE it if myles turner or kelly oubre fell to us as at 16.  Both players have a lot of two way potential. For turner, finding a rim protector who can also stretch the floor is a rarity.  I would go as far to say that if turner or oubre (or less realistically stanley johnson or kristaps porzingas) fell somewhere near 16 we trade both our picks to move up.

My first choice at 16 (assuming there are no slips) would have to be kevon looney.  Ideally I would love it if we could make him into a SF, but regardless I see him as an improvement to the current jonas jerebko role.  Other players that I would want at 16 would be sam dekker or rondae hollis jefferson.  If none of those players are available from a skill standpoint its gotta be bobby portis.

At 28 I would probably have to go with Christian wood, justin anderson, or robert upshaw.  Ideally Christian wood though, he could be the steal of the draft, especially if he gets stronger and can be moved to center.  Maybe chris mccullough if none of the above are available.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:16:14 PM by bmac934 »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Hard to pick one favoite. Having Dunn and Layman returning to school leaves

Aleksandr Veznekov, maybe best Euro this draft when all is said and done. He has that level fight and skill. Looking like he will crack the first round.

Bobby Portis, SEC player of the year solid big man.
May go higher than lottery as he is best two way big after Porzingis. Could develop into a LaMarcus Aldridge type.

Tyler Harvey, Yeah last name Harvey not Curry.
 Sharp scorer blend of Curry (excellent 3, not super athletic)
and IT (undersized if at the 2 but knows how to get shot off).

Aaron White, the true White mamba.
It's mid 2nd round and all the prospects are fringe NBA guys then you see Scal 2.1 and remember Gigi as well Jerekbo are gone. C's need a hustle efficient energy big man.

Team could probably draft all four Portis 16, Vezenkov 28, Harvey 33, White 45.

Smart/IT
Harvey/AB
Turner/Young/Vezenkov
Portis/KO/White
Z/Sully

Obviously bpa, but I love what Harvey can do.  You're absolutely right about the Curry comparison, although I don't agree with the Thomas one, but don't forget Harvey's handles as well as his ability to create his own shot, particularly with dat step back. ;D Plus, he loves the big moment. 

Besides, as a general rule of thumb, once the list of blue chip prospects like Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, etc., comes out, it only serves to tell me who not to look at, because we've never gotten such players.  Our best bet is to go for an under-the-radar guy from a small school like Paul George was in 2010, and Harvey fits that mold, imo.  At least we'd have a go-to guy.

Offline Jferrari401

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think Bobby Portis is the classic guy who isn't drafted highly because he doesn't have the crazy athleticism that scouts love who ends up being a very solid player. From what I've seen he is a tough, high energy player with a decent jumper. He's my pick at 16. After that I like RJ Hunter for shooting, and Dakari as a more physical center.
I told the driver Lenny swing me by the garden I gotta talk to Pat
Showed him some stacks
Then showed him the gat like ‘you’re gonna miss the finger roll right?’
Yes, Mr. Baklava

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Looney or Lyles

I want to see us add 3 point shooting and the potential for shot blocking at the 4 spot with high upside.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would have just liked the lottery pick but I guess it was more important to watch IT destroy his trade value in the playoffs.  :'(

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Robert Upshaw.

Maturity aside, kid has solid potential to be a good rim protector. From where we are picking, I think he has the most upside of everyone who's left that we can reach.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Our 1015, the clips pick and Dallas 2016 (top 10 protected) for WCS.

Or skip the draft this year and offer our 2015 and 16, the clips pick the mavs 2016 a future first (not Brooklyn), either sully or Bradley and filler for DMC

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Robert Upshaw.

Maturity aside, kid has solid potential to be a good rim protector. From where we are picking, I think he has the most upside of everyone who's left that we can reach.

It's not only maturity that you have to be concerned with in regards to Upshaw - it's drug use, iirc.  Sorry, too many red flags for me.  If he's still there in the second round and is the bpa at either of our picks, well, okay, but don't color me excited, lol. ;D

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Looney, Lyles, Hollis-Jefferson, Hunter, Wood, Hernangomez, Vezenkov.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Robert Upshaw.

It's not only maturity that you have to be concerned with in regards to Upshaw - it's drug use, iirc.  Sorry, too many red flags for me.  If he's still there in the second round and is the bpa at either of our picks, well, okay, but don't color me excited, lol. ;D

That's actually what I meant with maturity. He doesn't seem like a guy who's a trouble maker outside of pulling a 420 on any giving day.

But potential wise, he's up there. I don't deny the risk. But from where we are picking, I'd gamble than play it safe. It's not like we are putting all our chips on him. If he does pan out, and cleans his act, oh boy...

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Emmanuel Mudiay. Jahil Okafor is decent as well.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Robert Upshaw.

That's actually what I meant with maturity. He doesn't seem like a guy who's a trouble maker outside of pulling a 420 on any giving day.

But potential wise, he's up there. I don't deny the risk. But from where we are picking, I'd gamble than play it safe. It's not like we are putting all our chips on him. If he does pan out, and cleans his act, oh boy...

I figured, lol ;D, but I don't think that the drug concerns were marijuana-related.  I believe that it could be much worse, like coke or something, but I really don't know.  Btw, what is 420?  I know that it's a marijuana reference and that it's national weed day or something, lol ;D, but I don't know anything about that stuff, so could you please enlighten me? ;D

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Robert Upshaw.

I figured, lol ;D, but I don't think that the drug concerns were marijuana-related.  I believe that it could be much worse, like coke or something, but I really don't know.  Btw, what is 420?  I know that it's a marijuana reference and that it's national weed day or something, lol ;D, but I don't know anything about that stuff, so could you please enlighten me? ;D

I was working on the idea that it was weed. Either way, I'd take that risk. He has too much upside to pass. And were not gambling a ton anyway. I'm sure there could be a much better support system in the pros to help him get on track.

As for 420, I don't know about other places but in SF, April 20th is a day to smoke grass. I believe the story was a group of kids from CA consistently smoked weed at 420 in the afternoon. Don't know the entire story but I heard ifs started from there. And now it's a yearly thing, every April 20th (hence 420).